Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a real Mac download Clover Configurator or use terminal to mount the EFI partition on your USB Boot Drive then delete the EFI folder on it, empty the trash, and finally copy the entire EFI folder from post #430 over to it.
Ok, done.

Insert the USB Drive into your NUC and boot from it and you should be able to see your hard drive at the Clover Boot Screen. Choose it and boot, then repeat the process on your hard drive.
Ok, done.
Everything is working fine.

@Leesureone you're the best!

My purpose was to update from macOS Mojave 10.14.2 to macOS Mojave 10.14.6, is there any risk now that my system is up to date?

Ok, done.

Ok, done.
Everything is working fine.

@Leesureone you're the best!

My purpose was to update from macOS Mojave 10.14.2 to macOS Mojave 10.14.6, is there any risk now that my system is up to date?
Glad it worked! Updating Mojave should be fine.

I can't find the latest version of Mojave on the MAS (strange, no problem with Catalina...).
Is there any trick to do?

BTW, you latest files in post #430 should be added in post #2!

I can't find the latest version of Mojave on the MAS (strange, no problem with Catalina...).
Is there any trick to do?

BTW, you latest files in post #430 should be added in post #2!
You can download the combo update here if software update isn't showing it. Catalina works as well.

I don't have permission to add files to your posts, only mine, but you could add it by editing your own post. Thats totally up to you! If you do I think I would note the original post has been deprecated and to see post two.

You can download the combo update here if software update isn't showing it. Catalina works as well.

I don't have permission to add files to your posts, only mine, but you could add it by editing your own post. Thats totally up to you! If you do I think I would note the original post has been deprecated and to see post two.
Thanks for the link, DL and update done without any trouble.

I'll post your files tomorrow (time to go to bed now)!

PC: Intel NUC 8i5BEH3 ( BIOS Version- 056)
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-8259U
Motherboard: NUC8i5BEH
RAM: Vengance Pro 16 GB
SSD: Samsung evo 840
Graphics: Iris Plus Graphics 655
MacOS- 10.14.6

I have configured hackintosh successully 3 times before. But this time, i am facing some problems during installation. 1st of all , i don't see any recovery partition after completing phase 1. I can only see 2 options ( install macOS to install_osx, install macOS to macOS partition- picture attached). during phase 2 system reboots multiple times when we can see the message "13 minutes remaining. Systems stucks after reboots the completion of phase (picture attached).

I tired multiple times. what could be the issue?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• clover.png
    clover.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 62
  • driver64UEFI.png
    driver64UEFI.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 64
  • Kexts.png
    Kexts.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 68
  • Recover partition not available.jpeg
    Recover partition not available.jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 72
  • stuck at phase 3.jpeg
    stuck at phase 3.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 70
Yes pretty much, I would run create media first though and then install clover or just copy over my EFI folder (it already has Clover 5100 installed). Alternatively you can download Unibeast from the site, follow the instructions on the Unibeast page, and use it to create the partitions and install the OSX installation media on your USB drive. Once done the EFI partition will probably be mounted and you can delete the EFI folder Uninbeast created, empty the trash to save space, and copy over the one I uploaded. If the EFI folder isn't showing then mount it and go from there. Make sure you follow the bios settings recommendations either way.

1) I created a flash drive using unibeast.
2) Using the terminal, I mount the EFI partition.
3) From post # 430 I took the EFI folder and replaced it.

When Clover booted up I do not see the installation section with mojave! If you do not replace the folder, then the section is visible, but the installation freezes.

1) I created a flash drive using unibeast.
2) Using the terminal, I mount the EFI partition.
3) From post # 430 I took the EFI folder and replaced it.

When Clover booted up I do not see the installation section with mojave! If you do not replace the folder, then the section is visible, but the installation freezes.
I would reinstall Clover to the USB drive using the latest version making sure that the same drivers are installed and that it is set for booting UEFI at the very top of the options in customization.

PC: Intel NUC 8i5BEH3 ( BIOS Version- 056)
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-8259U
Motherboard: NUC8i5BEH
RAM: Vengance Pro 16 GB
SSD: Samsung evo 840
Graphics: Iris Plus Graphics 655
MacOS- 10.14.6

I have configured hackintosh successully 3 times before. But this time, i am facing some problems during installation. 1st of all , i don't see any recovery partition after completing phase 1. I can only see 2 options ( install macOS to install_osx, install macOS to macOS partition- picture attached). during phase 2 system reboots multiple times when we can see the message "13 minutes remaining. Systems stucks after reboots the completion of phase (picture attached).

I tired multiple times. what could be the issue?
Thanks in advance.
Just a quick sanity check, don't worry about the recovery partition for the time being. During installation after the reboot are you checking the Install Mojave icon and not boot Mac OS X? It will loop if you don't. Let us know and we can go from there. Also please be aware the original guide is deprecated, please see this post for updated information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back