Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Leesureone

I'm not seeing the EFI folder attached to that post anymore. Is there a more up to date version on a different post?

@Leesureone

I'm not seeing the EFI folder attached to that post anymore. Is there a more up to date version on a different post?
This happened before meanwhile join us here in this thread, the link below is to the same file.

Hi.

I'm currently using a Intel NUC, and I'm on Mojave 10.14.3 with Clover 5099. I'm trying to update to Catalina.

I get to the Boot Screen of "Bott mac Install" or whatever it says at Clover boot screen, but it is stuck and doesn't progress. I need to power cycle and go back to select "Boot mac" instead.

I am not sure if I did the installation with EFI kexts and stuff correctly. I've read through numerous posts and have not been able to debug why this won't install.

Hi.

I'm currently using a Intel NUC, and I'm on Mojave 10.14.3 with Clover 5099. I'm trying to update to Catalina.

I get to the Boot Screen of "Bott mac Install" or whatever it says at Clover boot screen, but it is stuck and doesn't progress. I need to power cycle and go back to select "Boot mac" instead.

I am not sure if I did the installation with EFI kexts and stuff correctly. I've read through numerous posts and have not been able to debug why this won't install.
How long are you allowing it to install? It takes quite a while and all you will see during that time is a black screen.

How long are you allowing it to install? It takes quite a while and all you will see during that time is a black screen.
We're talking like 1 Hour it hasn't moved a 1 pixel on the progress bar.

We're talking like 1 Hour it hasn't moved a 1 pixel on the progress bar.
Did you try booting with the verbose option to see where it is hanging? Also have you followed the recommendations on the home page regarding Catalina 15.0 or 15.1?

Did you try booting with the verbose option to see where it is hanging?
Hm I will look into that next.

I notice your sig has a Nuc i5 too. Is your upgraded to Catalina?
Do you offhand remember which guides you may have used?

Hm I will look into that next.

I notice your sig has a Nuc i5 too. Is your upgraded to Catalina?
Do you offhand remember which guides you may have used?
Yes sir. I've uploaded my EFI folder several times in this thread and others. See post 732 above.

Ok. I will document my process used tomorrow and report back.

No sound after Catalina update.

I have been connecting my speakers to the audio jack in the front. I updated to Catalina and now I do not have sound. Checking the settings it looks like the port may not even be detected. I also noticed that for audio input I used to see the webcam and the microphone. I do not see the microphone anymore. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back