Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately is doing the same thing, sound is ok in the monitor with usb-c but when I plug in the headphones the sound is terrible.. Any other solution? With this efi folder can I upgrade to catalina or something is missing?
Installing Catalina won't fix anything although it should be possible. Make sure you have the latest version of the various kexts used, I haven't updated the ones in the EFI folder for a bit, see if that helps. You can also run Hackintool and see what it suggested and far as Device Ids go, maybe you need something different for some reason. You will need to familiarize yourself with the "patch" part of the application and be prepared to change your config.plist with the result generated. See the example below for the output.

Hackintool Patch.png

Last edited:
Installing Catalina won't fix anything although it should be possible. Make sure you have the latest version of the various kexts used, I haven't updated the ones in the EFI folder for a bit, see if that helps. You can also run Hackintool and see what it suggested and far as Device Ids go, maybe you need something different for some reason. You will need to familiarize yourself with the "patch" part of the application and be prepared to change your config.plist with the result generated. See the example below for the output.

View attachment 436380
I have to paste all the strings in the config.plist or I have to change manually? cause I am not really into programming stuff, I tried to follow some videos on you tube but I have to improvements at all with audio.. But I solved imessage, shutdodwn restart and graphics so I think I am going in the right direction

I have to paste all the strings in the config.plist or I have to change manually? cause I am not really into programming stuff, I tried to follow some videos on you tube but I have to improvements at all with audio.. But I solved imessage, shutdodwn restart and graphics so I think I am going in the right direction
Use Xcode and copy and paste.

I downloaded the app, I don't understand absolutely nothing of what I have to do. New project? App for mac?
Use it to open your config.plist. If you can't sort it out from there I don't think I can walk you through the steps needed.

Use it to open your config.plist. If you can't sort it out from there I don't think I can walk you through the steps needed.
I opened the config.plist and paste the strings, renamed the new item AUDIO PATCH but nothing is changed yet after the reboot.. For me all this stuff are totally new so please sorry If I am keeping asking a hand but I have no clue at all of what I have to do..

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-11-18 at 22.28.58.png
    Screenshot 2019-11-18 at 22.28.58.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 72
I opened the config.plist and paste the strings, renamed the new item AUDIO PATCH but nothing is changed yet after the reboot.. For me all this stuff are totally new so please sorry If I am keeping asking a hand but I have no clue at all of what I have to do..
Looks like you did alright with it...the only other suggestion I have besides switching to HDMI audio, trying VoodooHDA.kext instead (get rid of AppleALC.kext first) or buying a USB Audio dongle is to try different inject values. Right now I have it set for "28" but it should work with 0 and or other values I can't remember now. You are going to have to do this without a lot of help from me being I can't recreate the result. See the screen shot for where the inject value is in the config.plist

Inject 0.png

Looks like you did alright with it...the only other suggestion I have besides switching to HDMI audio, trying VoodooHDA.kext instead (get rid of AppleALC.kext first) or buying a USB Audio dongle is to try different inject values. Right now I have it set for "28" but it should work with 0 and or other values I can't remember now. You are going to have to do this without a lot of help from me being I can't recreate the result. See the screen shot for where the inject value is in the config.plist

View attachment 436562
Here we go, with the final solution, I upgraded to catalina directly from mojave and removed vodoo kext updated apple.alc, sound working perfectly now, thunderbolt too, imessage icloud and all the rest are perfectly running. I can't be more satisfied.. Waiting to to receive the wifi/bt card but I think I will have to swap it with the 1560.. will see, for now I am super happy.. Thank you to you and all the people that are always working on this contents you guys are amazing!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-11-19 at 18.04.28.png
    Screenshot 2019-11-19 at 18.04.28.png
    8.7 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
hey I have an I5 nuc that for some reason is not getting base the apple logo with the loading bar pls help I never made a Hackintosh before

hey I have an I5 nuc that for some reason is not getting base the apple logo with the loading bar pls help I never made a Hackintosh before
Please see my post here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back