Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I found a way. If I select the boot-enty in clover (with space) and select "Boot with injected kexts" everything is working....

Hello, quick entry (and first one actually) to share the result of Mojave 10.14.15 on NUC8 i5

Followed this thread guide plus post #430 for Mojave

- Bios revision is last one 87A.
- macOS on SSD SATA (yes, I know... but I did not want to give up on the windows installation).
- Windows 10 on M2.
- Clover to dual boot macOS and Windows.
- Updated to the last version of every Kext and Uefi driver described in the guide.
- Vs. the guide the graphics does not work injecting an ID from Clover (it shows 7MB and performance are bad), keeping default 0x000000 it works fine.
- Mounted back the M2 with windows after the macOS installation was done and Clover was installed on the UEFI SATA partition, but I guess it does not really matter.
- Sleep works after enabled "Halt Enabler" in Clover configurator

What is NOT working
- Wireless and we know that, so all services counting on Wi-Fi does not work either

I approached it as learning project, I may say it was interesting.

A big thanks to the people who made the guides and developed the tools.

Last edited:
So I got my NUC8i5beh1 replaced with the same unit. The HDMI port does work on the new unit now. I ended up reinstalling mojave, following Polarion's post #533. Everything went smooth so far. I also changed the audio ID 11 to 28 in the config.plist. (Moving EFI/Clover/kexts to Library/Extensions doesn't seem to load the hardware. So, I have to add it in EFI/Clover/kexts).
I have a usb-c to dvi adapter and that works when I plug it in by itself before powering the unit, same as the hdmi by itself. When plug both are plugged in, the nuc will get to the apple logo, then the monitors goes black and I cannot see anything on the screen. One way I got both screen to work, was to leave hdmi cable plugged in(only), once I got into the os, plug dvi to the adapter (usb-c to dvi) that is already connected to the nuc, then the second monitor will start displaying. Is there a fix for dual monitor to start when it boots into mojave? or some guide on what I can change to maybe get it to work?

By the way, I'm on 10.14.5 with efi loader r5018. I did install r4988, but moved all of the drivers to the new location (EFI/clover/drivers/UEFI) after installing r4988 and removing "-64" from the efi files, then restarting after. It's working so far, I'm able to boot into the os
Your dual display situation is a documented issue some users have, booting with one monitor plugged in and then plugging the second one in afterwards has been a recommended solution (Rehabman). I've had success without needing to do that but occasionally after sleep both monitors will fail to display, unplugging the main display cable and plugging it back in typically resolves it. I always try to use the display ports on the monitor as the primary display, I also use a USBc to Display Port cable, and then the HDMI output as the secondary display but it can also be a function of the monitors used from the issues I've read other users have.
You can visit the Hackintool forum and see if you can get some answers there, using it you can modify video port output, change device IDs, etc. as part of its abilities.

Last edited:
@Leesureone Hey, what happened with the EFI folder attached in post #430? It's vanished for me... I finally got Mojave to boot and install to my NUC8i3 but when I came to get the file it was gone, I have a back-up if anyone needs it.
I updated it and thought the changes stuck. Guess not but I uploaded the newer version again so should be good (newest clover and updated various kexts etc).

Last edited:
Now I found a way. If I select the boot-enty in clover (with space) and select "Boot with injected kexts" everything is working....
Check your EFI folder again and make sure the necessary drivers are in place, same for kexts and make sure they are not duplicated in kexts/other and or L/E. Kexts should work in either location but in both can cause the issue you are reporting. If that doesn’t solve it try updating clover but make sure again that necessary drivers are being installed or updated and report back please.

Your dual display situation is a documented issue some users have, booting with one monitor plugged in and then plugging the second one in afterwards has been a recommended solution (Rehabman). I've had success without needing to do that but occasionally after sleep both monitors will fail to display, unplugging the main display cable and plugging it back in typically resolves it. I always try to use the display ports on the monitor as the primary display, I also use a USBc to Display Port cable, and then the HDMI output as the secondary display but it can also be a function of the monitors used from the issues I've read other users have.
You can visit the Hackintool forum and see if you can get some answers there, using it you can modify video port output, change device IDs, etc. as part of its abilities.
Thank you for the reply. I will take a look at it and see if I could some how make it work. If I find a solution, I'll update you guys

Thank you for your reply, but it does not work. The intelmausiethernet.kext was allready in EFI/clover/kexts/other.
In my understanding kexts are compareable to modules in linux. Is there a command like lsmode to check the loaded kexts?
I think you should try what leesureone recommended. Overwrite the EFI partition with his and check L/E. Because as of right now. I have Clover r5018 with 10.14.6 and I'm able boot into the system without much of a problem

I am also having trouble setting up my I5BEH NUC an stuck at a message afs_module_start 1393 load com.apple...
I copied the configs and everything correctly and I also had this problem with rehabman's guide any help would be highly appreciated.
here is a photo and my efi folder
1564396519763.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 97
I am also having trouble setting up my I5BEH NUC an stuck at a message afs_module_start 1393 load com.apple...
I copied the configs and everything correctly and I also had this problem with rehabman's guide any help would be highly appreciated.
here is a photo and my efi folder
View attachment 419149
See post 430 in this thread for help. No kexts installed in "Other", no RTC fix in the config.plist

Last edited:
Has anyone had a chance to try out the new firmware for the NUC8i7BEH (73). I am tempted since bios 71 has given me terrible fan noise compared to bios 56. Unfortunately even in recovery mode I could never get the firmware to downgrade back to 56 from 71. I am hoping 73 either fixes the fan noise or fixes the downgrade bug and I can get back to a quiet bios 56.
I am using the latest firmware today available on the NUC8i5BEH and it works fine.
Clover on EFI partition attached.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.7 MB · Views: 150
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back