Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to @Cric for this guide.
I want add informations that wasn't clear (for me).
In order to obtain working system I must use 56BIOS.
With 51BIOS after @RehabMan git-patch I obtain panic->reboot.
With 64-66BIOS the system wont start.
Is there anyone who can contradict my statements?

@madh93 - Sorry for not replying earlier, didn't have a chance to come back to this thread or work on my setup due to traveling for work.

@sulfum - The BIOS settings and replacing/reinstalling the network driver didn't work for me. So not sure if you want to try but for my fix I had to change the MTU to Jumbo (9000) for the network connection to remain stable and useable. Haven't had a issue since that change.

Hi, thanks for the guide.

But I have a problem when installing mojave and the error is the following.

It shows couldn't alloc class " IntelMausi". But I have that in my clover.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!

Thanks for the reply.
Did you mean that remove the kexts and try again? When should i add them back?
Thanks~
Please update your signature to show your hardware, what are you working with? Also what version of OSX are you trying to load, it makes a difference. Mojave 14.4? 14.5? Lower? FYI, its not hanging on the network driver, there are several lines of information after that entry, it's hanging on APFS module which can mean a few different things. What version bios are you running? Above 56 and using Rehabmans clover.plist will cause it to hang on install. Or sometimes it may mean you have Secure Boot Enabled in the bios which you would have to change to disabled. Again if you are using the "git" downloads from Rehabman the version of clover may need to be updated if you are trying to load above Mojave 14.3. More information needed to have a better idea. There are a few EFI folders posted in this thread that have updated clover and bios fixes for above 56. Mine is attached to post 333 in this thread one page back, just copy it and replace your EFI Folder on your USB drive ad try again.

Last edited:

Please update your signature to show your hardware, what are you working with? Also what version of OSX are you trying to load, it makes a difference. Mojave 14.4? 14.5? Lower? FYI, its not hanging on the network driver, there are several lines of information after that entry, it's hanging on APFS module which can mean a few different things. What version bios are you running? Above 56 and using Rehabmans clover.plist will cause it to hang on install. Or sometimes it may mean you have Secure Boot Enabled in the bios which you would have to change to disabled. Again if you are using the "git" downloads from Rehabman the version of clover may need to be updated if you are trying to load above Mojave 14.3. More information needed to have a better idea. There are a few EFI folders posted in this thread that have updated clover and bios fixes for above 56. Mine is attached to post 333 in this thread one page back, just copy it and replace your EFI Folder on your USB drive ad try again.

Sorry, the network driver is not the issue, he means remove it from your clover folder on your USB drive and try booting again but I don't see that doing anything for you. Easy to try though.
Yes my bios version is not 56. Thanks. I will try your EFI files.

Sorry, the network driver is not the issue, he means remove it from your clover folder on your USB drive and try booting again but I don't see that doing anything for you. Easy to try though.
Thanks for your help. But there is another error.

When I boot from my SSD, it stucks with the ioconsoleusers gioscreenlockstate 3 message. Could you help me with that?

Thanks.

Thanks for your help. But there is another error.

When I boot from my SSD, it stucks with the ioconsoleusers gioscreenlockstate 3 message. Could you help me with that?

Thanks.
What hardware are you using? The error message is apparently related to Nvidia or video display which should not be an issue

What hardware are you using? The error message is apparently related to Nvidia video display which should not be an issue
The nuc8i5 and 16G memory. SSD is from Samsung. There is no video card. It should be quite normal.

The nuc8i5 and 16G memory. SSD is from Samsung. There is no video card. It should be quite normal.
Its not an 970 EVO plus ssd is it?

What hardware are you using? The error message is apparently related to Nvidia or video display which should not be an issue
The message is the following.

And it takes a long time to get there. Is that normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back