Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got Mojave installed finally and everything seems to be running OK except for network.

For some reason it slows down after a few minutes of booting up to where I can't load any web pages except youtube with no issues. I can't even load this site in Safari or Chrome without it timing out or taking forever. Some reason I can play Youtube videos with no issues at all in either browser but if I try to load any other sites it just takes forever.

I tried reinstalling drivers from MultiBeast, I tried Rehabman Intel drivers, I've also tried post #60 settings and nothing seems to help.

Is there something that I am missing?

How did you installed Mojava exactly? I have a NUC8I3 and I've had the same problems installing 10.14.4. First I tried the RehabMan guide and later this one, but in both cases in both cases the installation stuck in "About 13 minutes remaining..." screen.

Thank you.

And thank you very much for this guide, it's really helpful for a newbie :D

UPDATED:

Finally I found the problem my Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus is not compatible (right now) and it makes the installer always freezes/restarts. I replaced the SSD by the normal model and all it works perfectly.

Last edited:
How did you installed Mojava exactly? I have a NUC8I3 and I've had the same problems installing 10.14.4. First I tried the RehabMan guide and later this one, but in both cases in both cases the installation stuck in "About 13 minutes remaining..." screen.

Thank you.

And thank you very much for this guide, it's really helpful for a newbie :D

You are going to need to upgrade the version of Clover you are using if you are trying to install Mojave 14.4 from either guide. Download and run the installer and select your USB Boot Drive as the target, make sure you select "Clover for UEFI Booting Only" and install and "Install Clover in the ESP" and verify drivers being installed. Lots of folks have had the same issue.

Attachments

• Clover Installer Screen.png
    Clover Installer Screen.png
    164.6 KB · Views: 111
You are going to need to upgrade the version of Clover you are using if you are trying to install Mojave 14.4 from either guide. Download and run the installer and select your USB Boot Drive as the target, make sure you select "Clover for UEFI Booting Only" and install and "Install Clover in the ESP" and verify drivers being installed. Lots of folks have had the same issue.

Thank for your help.

I've tried Clover 4920. The final result after installing drivers, kexts and updated config.plist is the next one (attached image) and now I can't even finish the "PHASE 1". Do I need edit the config_install_nuc8_bc.plist? Are the drivers or kexts incorrect? BIOS configuration problem? I've configured BIOS as it was described (0051 version, the 0056 was removed from Intel site).

I'll keep trying.

Attachments

• photo_2019-05-09_22-40-27.jpg
    photo_2019-05-09_22-40-27.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 76
Thank for your help.

I've tried Clover 4920. The final result after installing drivers, kexts and updated config.plist is the next one (attached image) and now I can't even finish the "PHASE 1". Do I need edit the config_install_nuc8_bc.plist? Are the drivers or kexts incorrect? BIOS configuration problem? I've configured BIOS as it was described (0051 version, the 0056 was removed from Intel site).

I'll keep trying.

Use the drivers in the attached or just switch out the EFI folder. Yes you always need a working config.plist, without one its a nonstarter. You should be able to use mine or rename Rehabman's and use his.

Attachments

• EFINUC8.zip
    19.3 MB · Views: 385
Last edited:
Posting here to see if anyone can help.

I Performed a fresh install of Mojave (instead of doing a system update on High Sierra) on a NUC6i5SYH and everything appeared to be working but now audio does not. Only Headphones is shown in the sound preferences. NUC is connected through DP. I thought this was working originally and maybe broke after an update? I ran the system update steps but did not fix the problem.

Problem files attached. Thank you for the help.

Attachments

• debug_22539.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 74
Posting here to see if anyone can help.

I Performed a fresh install of Mojave (instead of doing a system update on High Sierra) on a NUC6i5SYH and everything appeared to be working but now audio does not. Only Headphones is shown in the sound preferences. NUC is connected through DP. I thought this was working originally and maybe broke after an update? I ran the system update steps but did not fix the problem.

Problem files attached. Thank you for the help.

You would probably be better off posting in another thread being this is for NUC8 models. Maybe here:

Or here for audio specific questions:

Last edited:
Use the drivers in the attached or just switch out the EFI folder. Yes you always need a working config.plist, without one its a nonstarter. You should be able to use mine or rename Rehabman's and use his.

I've tried several times but no luck. But I think I've found the problem... my Samsung 970 EVO Plus. A lot of users have reported issues with the Plus model so I am going to replace it by the normal model. I'll be back with the results.

Thanks.

I've tried several times but no luck. But I think I've found the problem... my Samsung 970 EVO Plus. A lot of users have reported issues with the Plus model so I am going to replace it by the normal model. I'll be back with the results.

Thanks.
Yep, that is a problem. The Plus models don’t play at all with macOS.

Yep, that is a problem. The Plus models don’t play at all with macOS.

So I replaced the SSD and it worked like a charm! It's already installed.

Thank you very much for your help and support :thumbup:

@Leesureone and @MrMuc

Sorry for the late response: I was on a business trip the whole week. I have tried the proposed BIOS solution yesterday - it had no effect on the LAN behaviour. Nonetheless, setting the connection speed to either 100 MB or 1000 MB manually seemed to resolve the issue entirely. For some reason the automatic detection does not work properly, or should I say, that it stopped working for me out of the blue 1.5 weeks ago.

BTW. The issue with green flickering seems to be gone with the EFI folder of Leesureone. Will test this install for some time now before keeping my first system with MacOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back