Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @flashgear, I forget the exact wording but in the bios set Thunderbolt to Legacy or Enable Legacy Thunderbolt. Something like that. You still won't get hot plugging but as long as the device is attached when you start up it should be detected. Give a shot.

Hi @Leesureone thanks for the response!

I have enabled every option I can see in the BIOS. I found the Legacy Mode you speak of under the Security tab. I enabled it and booted back up and it still says "No Drivers Detected" in System Profiler.

Would it only detect for a driver if there was Thunderbolt device attached?

Hi @Leesureone thanks for the response!

I have enabled every option I can see in the BIOS. I found the Legacy Mode you speak of under the Security tab. I enabled it and booted back up and it still says "No Drivers Detected" in System Profiler.

Would it only detect for a driver if there was Thunderbolt device attached?
I’m not sure just that it works for me on my setup. I can access a couple of thunderbolt hard drives I have. Do you not have a device you can connect to test it?

Hey

Trying to setup my first hackintosh.

I have the NUC8i7BEH and I've followed the directions twice, and rebuilt my USB drive twice to install Mojave.

So far the farthest I've made is step 7 and somewhat part of step 8.

Every time I boot the into Clover and boot into my partition, it give me the apple logo and the loading bar. After a min or two the screen goes to the grey install screen with the mouse icon moving around. But after a few seconds the whole system just reboots and it a continuous cycle if I choose to boot into my partition.

Can someone recommend what steps I need to do next to troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks

Hey

I have the NUC8i7BEH and I've followed the directions twice, and rebuilt my USB drive twice to install Mojave.

Every time I boot the into Clover and boot into my partition, it give me the apple logo and the loading bar. After a min or two the screen goes to the grey install screen with the mouse icon moving around. But after a few seconds the whole system just reboots and it a continuous cycle if I choose to boot into my partition.

Thanks
Hi Joshua,
Look at my post at #289. I think my issue was a similar to yours. I used @LittleBlack 's EFI folder and that fixed it for me.

Hi gmdelisle,

I saw that post and was a bit confused on what you replaced.

Did you replace the existing EFI on the USB drive with that zip file? What about the config.plist? I thought I had to use the special one for the NUC8i7BEH?

Update :

I actually re-read the whole post instead of skimming past it in my frustration. Followed what you did and was able to get past it onto the macOS desktop.

Thanks for all the help!

Last edited:
Good people,

I need help or some advice. I was successful to get a functional version of Mojave on my NUC8i5BEH2 (2x8BG Crucial RAM, 500 GB MX500 SSD, clover 4920). It was working fine (apart from 4K glitches via HDMI port)... until this Thursday. Since then I do not have normal wired Ethernet is I load from SSD (I get a lot of packets lost and my ping time starts with norma 14-16 ms and then goes up to 5 s(!) with lots of lost packets). Very strangely, I get normal stable ethernet if I boot from the USB but as soon as I eject my installation USB with clover everything goes south. It is a very strange behaviour.

So far I have tried everything:
* upgrading BIOS from v51 tp v56 (had to downgrade to install)
* reset BIOS back to defaults and reconfiguring it
* Several time clean installation following this guide
* Update of the IntelMausiInternet.kext
* Update of other kexts
* UEFI folders and configs from other sources: LittleBlack's (from this thread) along with different post-installation and UEFI files from the Sarkui's guide from Gthub
* Leaving NUC without power plug for hours
* Rebuilding kext cash, removing all network configuration in MacOS
* Enabling Fixregions and/or Fixlan in Clover Configurator

I am about to give up as it cost me a lot of time which I do not have. Really thinking moving to Win10 and forget about MacOS with this setup... Am I missing something?

Attachments

• EFI_SSD.zip
    19.2 MB · Views: 82
  • EFI_USB.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 78
Good people,

I need help or some advice. I was successful to get a functional version of Mojave on my NUC8i5BEH2 (2x8BG Crucial RAM, 500 GB MX500 SSD, clover 4920). It was working fine (apart from 4K glitches via HDMI port)... until this Thursday. Since then I do not have normal wired Ethernet is I load from SSD (I get a lot of packets lost and my ping time starts with norma 14-16 ms and then goes up to 5 s(!) with lots of lost packets). Very strangely, I get normal stable ethernet if I boot from the USB but as soon as I eject my installation USB with clover everything goes south. It is a very strange behaviour.

So far I have tried everything:
* upgrading BIOS from v51 tp v56 (had to downgrade to install)
* reset BIOS back to defaults and reconfiguring it
* Several time clean installation following this guide
* Update of the IntelMausiInternet.kext
* Update of other kexts
* UEFI folders and configs from other sources: LittleBlack's (from this thread) along with different post-installation and UEFI files from the Sarkui's guide from Gthub
* Leaving NUC without power plug for hours
* Rebuilding kext cash, removing all network configuration in MacOS
* Enabling Fixregions and/or Fixlan in Clover Configurator

I am about to give up as it cost me a lot of time which I do not have. Really thinking moving to Win10 and forget about MacOS with this setup... Am I missing something?

If it just started happening without you making any changes to the software then it sounds like your ISP or maybe your router (but a router going out would be unusual) is acting up. It not your bios version for sure. You can try my EFI folder but I can't imagine it doing anything to change internet connectivity. If you try it you might need to apply the fix regions patch depending where you live. You will also have to configure continuity.

Attachments

• EFINUC8zip.zip
    19 MB · Views: 97
@Leesureone

Thank you for the zip but it had no effect. I checked fixregions once and then together with fixLAN, but behaviour is exactly as before. I give up, will test hardware with Windows, but do not expect problems there.

Hey

Thanks

Hi @joshuat

Ok let me clear that up sorry if it was misleading. Note that I'm also a noob so if this doesn't work for you, probably it's above my skill.

From what I can see you have the EXACT same problem I had. It is because from what I understand you need to use the latest version of Clover for it to work with Mac OSX 10.14.4 (Rehabman's version won't work).

If you installed 10.14.2 instead it would have worked with the steps in this guide I think.

Since this guide doesn't show how to use a newer version of Clover and that I don't know how, I simply used Littleblacks EFI folder which DOES use a newer version of Clover. So go up to Step 7 following the exact steps of this guide.

Then before starting Step 8, (backup first) completely overwrite the EFI folder on your USB with Littleblack's EFI folder.

Also note that I have a NUC8i5 and not NUC8i7, so you might want to then after overwrite the PLIST provided in Littleblack's folder with the PLIST for NUC8i7.

Hope this helps and you successfully install MACOSX.

Last edited:
Hi @joshuat

Ok let me clear that up sorry if it was misleading. Note that I'm also a noob so if this doesn't work for you, probably it's above my skill.

From what I can see you have the EXACT same problem I had. It is because from what I understand you need to use the latest version of Clover for it to work with Mac OSX 10.14.4 (Rehabman's version won't work).

If you installed 10.14.2 instead it would have worked with the steps in this guide I think.

Since this guide doesn't show how to use a newer version of Clover and that I don't know how, I simply used Littleblacks EFI folder which DOES use a newer version of Clover. So go up to Step 7 following the exact steps of this guide.

Then before starting Step 8, (backup first) completely overwrite the EFI folder on your USB with Littleblack's EFI folder.

Also note that I have a NUC8i5 and not NUC8i7, so you might want to then after overwrite the PLIST provided in Littleblack's folder with the PLIST for NUC8i7.

Hope this helps and you successfully install MACOSX.
To update the version of clover on your USB drive just download the latest version and run the clover installer with your usb drive as the target (by default it will chose your hard drive which you can do as well). You can also use Clover Configurator to check the version of clover installed and update that way. Your config.plist and kexts should be saved and drivers will be added or updated as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back