Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I actually got it to work by copying @LittleBlack 's Clover folder and overwriting mine on my USB.

And I got a nice Clover Theme in the process. Thank you all for your help!

I downloaded his EFI Folder, he has an updated version of Clover installed. It could have been you were missing something else as well but there you go.

Last edited:
Hi,

I just received my second NUC8 i5, the first one died and wouldn't even post, I had back dated the bios to v56 and used it for a few hours before it failed - doubt there's a connection tbh.

My replacement arrived with v64 and I was keen to not have to roll back the bios this time, adding the extra dict to the config.plist as per Konti's instructions in #249 and it booted straight into 10.14.4 and everything seem good.

Thanks!

I follow this guide...
I have an Intel NUC NUC8i5BEK Core i5.

But everytime I start the OSX installer, just after the white apple on black screen, a forbidden symbol appear...

Can you help me?

Tnx...

I follow this guide...
I have an Intel NUC NUC8i5BEK Core i5.

But everytime I start the OSX installer, just after the white apple on black screen, a forbidden symbol appear...

Can you help me?

Tnx...

What version of the bios do you have installed? It you are using higher than 56 none of the config.plists from the guide will not work. Please verify that first.

Then did you change the bios settings as specified?
- Boot -> Boot Configuration, disable "**Network Boot**"
- Power -> Secondary Power Settings, "**Wake on LAN from S4/S5**", set to "**Stay Off**"
- Boot -> Secure Boot, disable "**Secure Boot**"
- Devices -> OnBoard Devices, disable "**Bluetooth**"

You may also need to update the version of clover if you are using Rehabman's, its been a while since he wrote the guide things have changed.

Make sure you have the correct drivers on your usb boot drive and the needed kexts to boot, see attachments.

If none of that makes a difference then pleas boot with the verbose flag (-v) and take a picture of where the system hangs and post it.

Attachments

• USB drivers64UEFI.png
    USB drivers64UEFI.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 100
  • USB kexts Other.png
    USB kexts Other.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 93
What version of the bios do you have installed? It you are using higher than 56 none of the config.plists from the guide will not work. Please verify that first.

Then did you change the bios settings as specified?
- Boot -> Boot Configuration, disable "**Network Boot**"
- Power -> Secondary Power Settings, "**Wake on LAN from S4/S5**", set to "**Stay Off**"
- Boot -> Secure Boot, disable "**Secure Boot**"
- Devices -> OnBoard Devices, disable "**Bluetooth**"

You may also need to update the version of clover if you are using Rehabman's, its been a while since he wrote the guide things have changed.

Make sure you have the correct drivers on your usb boot drive and the needed kexts to boot, see attachments.

If none of that makes a difference then pleas boot with the verbose flag (-v) and take a picture of where the system hangs and post it.

Hi.

Bios seems to be ok. Bios settings too.
Drivers and kext are those you recommend.

After googleed a while, I found problem could be both aptio EFI drivers.
If I remove both and use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi I was able to install MacOsX Mojave with reboots and so on.

But now I'm stuck at the last phase after installation: user setup.
Loading bar is completed but remain there with white Apple Logo indefinitely...

I'm running out of options...

[UPDATE]

I've been able to get over with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.
Let you know if is working...

[UPDATE2]

Try to do all the post installation steps, it's difficult 'cause I have some graphical glitches.
Also audio not working.
And weird stuff happens.

[UPDATE3]

Post installation is done.
Graphic it's ok, audio seems go through HDMI.
Everytime I try to install other language in Language&Region Pref. Pane the NUC restart itself.
Also if I try to open Migration assistant, the NUC restart itself...
Anyone know why?

Last edited:
Hi.

If I remove both and use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi I was able to install MacOsX Mojave with reboots and so on.

[UPDATE]

[UPDATE2]

Try to do all the post installation steps, it's difficult 'cause I have some graphical glitches.
Also audio not working.
And weird stuff happens.
Hi.

[UPDATE]

[UPDATE2]

Also audio not working.
And weird stuff happens.

[UPDATE3]

Post installation is done.
Graphic it's ok, audio seems go through HDMI. (
Everytime I try to install other language in Language&Region Pref. Pane the NUC restart itself.
Also if I try to open Migration assistant, the NUC restart itself...
Anyone know why?

Get rid of OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi if you haven't already, its not needed for NUC's because they support nvRAM natively. If you don't have EmuVariableUEFI.efi that can cause reboots, if you do then it's hard to say except something is set up incorrectly. You can post the error reporting files detailed below at the end of the first post then someone may be able to help you.

Having a problem, followed the guide to the T without any issues along the way, easiest Hackintosh ever done so thanks for that!

Problem is....056 BIOS, ThunderBolt Enabled in Bios etc. System Profile says No Thunderbolt Drivers Installed.

NUC8i3BEH. So far everything else looks to be working perfectly. Just the above issue.

Any ideas?

Get rid of OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi if you haven't already, its not needed for NUC's because they support nvRAM natively. If you don't have EmuVariableUEFI.efi that can cause reboots, if you do then it's hard to say except something is set up incorrectly. You can post the error reporting files detailed below at the end of the first post then someone may be able to help you.

Yes, I have EmuVariableUEFI.efi in Drivers Folder, I try to get rid of it and check again if the Nuc is more stable.

Having a problem, followed the guide to the T without any issues along the way, easiest Hackintosh ever done so thanks for that!

Problem is....056 BIOS, ThunderBolt Enabled in Bios etc. System Profile says No Thunderbolt Drivers Installed.

NUC8i3BEH. So far everything else looks to be working perfectly. Just the above issue.

Any ideas?
Hi @flashgear, I forget the exact wording but in the bios set Thunderbolt to Legacy or Enable Legacy Thunderbolt. Something like that. You still won't get hot plugging but as long as the device is attached when you start up it should be detected. Give a shot.

I try all combination as possible of UEFI64 drivers...
System now seems pretty stable.

Still, is impossible to open Migration Utility and start a migration: system crash and restart immediately when Migration Utility try to log off.
Also I'm still experimenting some random (but more rare), odd similar reboot.

[UPDATE]

System crash also on: creation of new system users.
It's very ODD...

Can you point me in right direction to debug this problems?

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back