Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies - I'm trying to downgrade from the most recent update version available to 54, and the nuc simply wont allow it. I dont' know what I've done wrong. I've researched it and everywhere has said that the downgrade should be pretty simple; the nuc simply says the downgrade is incompatible. That being said, whatever the nuc's bios was before I upgraded (sadly I didn't look!), the nuc would still load to a blank screen during the clover boot .

I posted 56 in the main thread from Rehabman on the NUC7/8 and there are other conversations about bioses there as well. You should update your signature with the pertinent info regarding your set up. Usually that is the first answer you get for moderators or anyone else before anyone will respond. What are you working with?

Kept thinking about this, you are posting in the wrong forum being this guide is about NUC8's not 7 like you have. Another good reason to have your signature completed before asking for help. Just saying...I missed it until now.

If you followed this guide that could be why you can't boot the installer. Can't say. Also the bios I mentioned won't work on your model...you really should be posting in the original thread.

Again Good Luck!

I posted 56 in the main thread from Rehabman on the NUC7/8 and there are other conversations about bioses there as well. You should update your signature with the pertinent info regarding your set up. Usually that is the first answer you get for moderators or anyone else before anyone will respond. What are you working with?

Kept thinking about this, you are posting in the wrong forum being this guide is about NUC8's not 7 like you have. Another good reason to have your signature completed before asking for help. Just saying...I missed it until now.

If you followed this guide that could be why you can't boot the installer. Can't say. Also the bios I mentioned won't work on your model...you really should be posting in the original thread.

Again Good Luck!

Apologies for the delay in reply! I'm confused - I thought this was for the installation as the title of the thread suggested? The title mentions nuc7s so I thought I'd be okay here?

NUC8i5BEH
Samsung 970 Pro
Crucial 2x8GB
32GB USB2 Flash
Intel Firmware BE0066.bio
Mojave ‎10.14.3

Clover on USB loads fine, but gets stuck loading macOS installer from USB.

Verbose output from 3 different attempts:

Apologies for the delay in reply! I'm confused - I thought this was for the installation as the title of the thread suggested? The title mentions nuc7s so I thought I'd be okay here?
Read Cric’s first post again at the beginning of the thread....it doesn’t mention anything about the NUC7. Rehabman’s original guide does though, it’s what is was originally written for, and there are different terminal commands to execute and config.plists to use with your model. Could be your solution, following Rehabmans guide. Meanwhile you should still update your profile....

NUC8i5BEH
Samsung 970 Pro
Crucial 2x8GB
32GB USB2 Flash
Intel Firmware BE0066.bio
Mojave ‎10.14.3

Clover on USB loads fine, but gets stuck loading macOS installer from USB.

Verbose output from 3 different attempts:

It’s most likely the bios version you are using. Version 66 works fine with Windows but causes problems with Hackintoshs. I had a fully working Mojave install with bios version 56 but then I upgraded to 66 and couldn’t boot the hard drive and or my usb boot drive which had always worked before. I screwed around with the bios settings, safe mode, whatever else I could think of but nothing worked for except downgrading the bios back to 56. Other members have reported similar problems....downgrading isn’t difficult. Some have jumpers to set to allow the downgrade, some don’t.

I get to Clover, select Boot macOS from macOS and then it moves to the boot screen. First 50% of progress bar fills up quick then slowly the rest fills up (roughly 60secs) then nothing. Seems to hang forever. Been 15mins and nothing.

Any insights/tips?

Hi. Can you tell me how you solved this problem. I have exactly the same, followed all kinds of guides and still the same. The boot of MacOs hangs after it went very well and then suddenly it stops and will never go on.
Plz tell me your solution, I don't know it anymore. hahahaha

I followed @Cric guide and I did Rehabs guide and simple unibeast, all almost the same.
They hang in the end. And I really have no idea.

16Gb DDR4 SODimm Ram, and 256 Gb Samsung Evo 970 M.2 SSD. Bios is 56

Last edited:
It’s most likely the bios version you are using. Version 66 works fine with Windows but causes problems with Hackintoshs. I had a fully working Mojave install with bios version 56 but then I upgraded to 66 and couldn’t boot the hard drive and or my usb boot drive which had always worked before. I screwed around with the bios settings, safe mode, whatever else I could think of but nothing worked for except downgrading the bios back to 56. Other members have reported similar problems....downgrading isn’t difficult. Some have jumpers to set to allow the downgrade, some don’t.

I initially updated the BIOS firmware to 64, same problem, then updated to 66, same problem.

The prior available firmware before 64 is 51: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28362/BIOS-Update-BECFL357-86A-

Error message trying to downgrade from 66 to 51: "FLASH UPDATE FAILED!"

Also moved BIOS security jumper, then couldn't get into firmware upgrade or visual bios at all.

Last edited:
Hopefully another member has somer insight on what they've done, there are definitely some posts related to being able to and intel should have some documentation as well. On mine its as easy as loading the bios onto a flash drive and hitting F7 at the boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back