Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.. i ran into a problem. So i was using my dell 4K monitor through usb c to display port and everything worked fine for weeks.. i went on vacation for a week and after i came back my display won’t work through usb c anymore. Tried multiple cables and even tried usbc to mini display port with no luck.. what could it be any ideas ?? It works through hdmi but everything it goes to sleep it doesn’t turn back on but worked perfect with usbc to DisplayPort till now.. Please help with advice

I noticed when i boot, my DP acts strange. I have to unplug the cable, boot with HDMI only, and when i'm on the desktop i can plug it back in (hotswap). Maybe something isn't quite right with dp port. Can't help you with that.

btw, i'm running 10.14.3 for a couple of weeks now on 8I5BEH, runs super stable..no issues!

I noticed when i boot, my DP acts strange. I have to unplug the cable, boot with HDMI only, and when i'm on the desktop i can plug it back in (hotswap). Maybe something isn't quite right with dp port. Can't help you with that.

btw, i'm running 10.14.3 for a couple of weeks now on 8I5BEH, runs super stable..no issues!

Everything worked without hotswap. It wont work at all now. I don't understand why tho

I am late to this thread that I found after seeing a YT video claiming I could configure a nuc8 i5beh for $450. I noticed that I cannot get a BEH now (sold out at Amazon or Newegg). If you were to build one today would you get a different model? I thought I read somewhere that the Bluetooth or WiFi card is removable in a different model. would you get this model or a different nuc assuming a somewhat similar price?

I am late to this thread that I found after seeing a YT video claiming I could configure a nuc8 i5beh for $450. I noticed that I cannot get a BEH now (sold out at Amazon or Newegg). If you were to build one today would you get a different model? I thought I read somewhere that the Bluetooth or WiFi card is removable in a different model. would you get this model or a different nuc assuming a somewhat similar price?
if you are referring to the snazzy labs video, that's what gave me the idea...so far my results have been good but no way was it 450....I got the NUC, 16gb ram and SSD cards all from newegg...was a little over 500. I have a blue tooth dongle for now, but I went with the 2.5 ssd drive and left my m.2 slot open in consideration of this. There are some comments on the main NUC thread which report recent succeess with a wifi/bluetooth card in the m.2 slot. It may be some time before that is ready for primte time but I wanted to be prepared. I am one week in and so far there is nothing I would change.

if you are referring to the snazzy labs video, that's what gave me the idea...so far my results have been good but no way was it 450....I got the NUC, 16gb ram and SSD cards all from newegg...was a little over 500. I have a blue tooth dongle for now, but I went with the 2.5 ssd drive and left my m.2 slot open in consideration of this. There are some comments on the main NUC thread which report recent succeess with a wifi/bluetooth card in the m.2 slot. It may be some time before that is ready for primte time but I wanted to be prepared. I am one week in and so far there is nothing I would change.
Thanks . I wonder if they are making any more of this model - several places are out of stock.

Thanks . I wonder if they are making any more of this model - several places are out of stock.
Intel still shows them on their website. Maybe its just low stock since the issue date was supposed to be Q3 2018, that's only six months old. The unit itself is typically around $360 plus tax, B&H photo has them for $387.99 without tax if you live outside N.Y. and fast free shipping. No stock there either but it shows more on the way 2 to 4 weeks. 8gb memory is around $50 and if you use the HDD bay instead of the M2 SATA/ PCIE slot for storage you could go with a 250GB SSD (Samsung EVO 960) for around $60 and almost hit the $450 mark. There are plenty of storage options in the $50 range, a Crucial MX500 250GB 3D NAND SATA M.2 Type 2280SS also works great in the M2 slot. If you have a wired internet connection you'd be all set. Kind of a minimum configuration but it would work great to start. If you want to dual boot Windows for fun its easy with two hard drives but adds to cost.

I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm trying to install Mojave on my NUC7I5BNK and have followed the guide to the letter. However, upon clicking the option to install mac os x all the nuc does is boot into a blank screen. I've made the needed boot options but nothing seems to be working. I have a crucial 120gb partitioned m.2 and 8gb crucial ram . Any advice anyone could give me would be much appreciated .

Last edited:
I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm trying to install Mojave on my NUC7I5BNK and have followed the guide to the letter. However, upon clicking the option to install mac os x all the nuc does is boot into a blank screen. I've made the needed boot options but nothing seems to be working. I have a crucial 120gb partitioned m.2 and 8gb crucial ram . Any advice anyone could give me would be much appreciated .
I had my bios settings set incorrectly and had that problem.

Also at the Clover boot screen choose options and select verbose (-v) and you can usually see where it hangs which will give you a clue.

sorry for the multiple replies...could be the bios version you have as well. There are posts regarding that in the main Rehabman thread as well as here I believe. Versions above 56 cause Hackintosh issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back