Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm a bit at a loss here, after following this guide exactly - and then looking for other issues.

Problem: machine will not complete setup after install, verbose mode
either A (most common):
reports error:
OSX error allocating 0x119bb pages at [memory address] alloc type 2
Couldn't allocate runtime area

or B:
completes initial boot, moves to post-install setup, and immediately reboots, next boot is always followed by the above

Specs:
System: NUC8i7BEH
Memory: 2x8 Corsair Vengeance (DDR4-2400)
Drive: Samsung 970 EVO 250GB (NVMe)

This is really just bizarre. I can get through the install process but on final boot to complete setup, I just get the above errors. Any advice would be welcome.

Edit:
Another bizarre (possibly red herring?) addition to the situation - this seems to be time related. If I boot the NUC to clover, and then wait for 2-3 minutes (haven't narrowed the timing exactly yet) and then complete booting to OSX, I can boot no problem. Any sooner than that, and I just get the above error. This is consistent, however. I can't boot OSX immediately after system startup, but I can after a few minutes.

Last edited:
TR01, since misery (or mystery) loves company, I'll share with you that I have the same symptoms observed.

Specs:
System: NUC8i5BEK
Memory: 2x8 Crucial (DDR4-2400)
Drive: Samsun 970 EVO 250GB (NVMe)

I have installed Windows 10 into a dual-boot configuration. Whenever I boot Windows from Clover, it is always successful. Whenever I boot to macOS from Clover, either from powered off state, or restart from Windows, or restart from macOS, I get the same OSX error allocating error (and if not verbose mode, then simply the "Do Not Proceed" symbol.

I have given up at the moment, and now I just hit ctrl-alt-delete and try again. Usually get through on the third attempt.

Annoying though.

@BillyGoatGruff

That seems to be about the same for me after playing with it for a few days, but I'm not dual-booting. It's pure hackintosh - and a fast one, when it boots.

I just wish there were a tuneable to allow it to boot every single time with no problem.

Hi,

Great Guide! My NUC7i5BNK runs like a BEAST!
Samsung EVO 970 500GB and 16GB DDR4 Ram make this thing ****ing smooth.

The only thing I can't get to work is Audio via HDMI.

Im using a Asus VG248QE, the Screen has got Speakers, but my NUC doesn't recognise it.

If I press on Magic Keyboard louder it just shows me a circle with a stripe in it, like there's no possibility to change the volume.

Also if I wanna use Siri, I always have to turn down the mic input level in voodoo.

Maybe someone can help me?

Best!

Thank you for your guide!
This is my second hackintosh within 12 months. My first (free) build went quite smoothly.
But with my newly arrived NUC8i5BEH2 I am not even able to enter the BIOS! F2 simply does not work! I was able to enter the "Power Button"-Menu and to restore the BIOS (version 056). But after that I am stuck again. F7 doesn´t seem to work either. If I am plugin an install USB stick (configured like said in the guide), I got a failure message, that it is not able to boot "for security reasons". Any ideas? I would be very happy about some help. Thanks in advance!

how do I disable Secure Boot, if I am not able to access the BIOS?
Often if you disconnect all boot devices then the system will default to the BIOS setup.
If that fails then try a CMOS reset.

Well this is what I did (with intermediate booting trials in between): I disconnected all boot devices, I removed the SSD, the RAM one after the other and both and, finally, (I think) I made a CMOS reset with the Jumpers at the MoBo (see picture). I am not sure, if the CMOS-reset was correct because I was not able to find a CMOS-battery... Is there no CMOS-battery at a NUC? After all, it is all the same: I am not able to access the BIOS and that is why I cannot disable Secure Boot and boot Mac OS from the USB-stick. Is there anybody, who can help me with this? Is there a difference between a NUC8i5BEH and a NUC8i5BEH2...?

Attachments

• BIOS-reset?.jpg
    BIOS-reset?.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 316
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back