Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you boot with verbose mode on and upload a pic where it hangs?

System has 8gb of ram (1 stick) and an M4 256 ssd (gonna swap for a 970 evo tomorrow)

Thanks for the help!!

Attachments

• 7C0A468E-6262-4C2F-8463-52EC95B833E7.jpeg
    7C0A468E-6262-4C2F-8463-52EC95B833E7.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 433
System has 8gb of ram and a Crucial M4 SSD (moving to a 970 evo soon)
I believed that happened to me when I didn't copy the config file correctly. Did you download the config_install_nuc8_bc.plist file correctly? I just ended up downloading the entire rehabman repo as a zip.

"Note: Clover cannot read HTML (config.plist is a plist/xml), so make sure to download from the "Raw" link: hit the « Raw » link + « File->Save as » and save config_install_nuc8_bc.plist on your Drive. "

Hmmm I’ll give it another try. I am 90% sure I downloaded it by right clicking and saving as. I’ll download the whole zip and report back. Thanks!

Hello hackappleSG,

1) Yep, and much quicker than a USB2.0 stick
2) Nope, as I wrote, I use a wired KB and mouse
3) Yep, through HDMI (I have an "audio out" on my monitor)
HDMI audio is working with mine but I would like to make the built-in mic and the headphone jack working. Do you have any idea?

Thank you so much for the guide. I used it on my NUC8i7BEH. I did run into the purple screen as described by someone previously. I shut down the NUC and then booted it backup and it was gone. I found in another forum someone thought it had something to do with HDMI handshake issues so it is best to have the monitor on before starting the computer.

I followed your guide and now have my nuc8i7beh up and running. So far I have 2 issues:
1. I use a 2k monitor(1440p) and the color shows as purple until I change the scaling to 1080p in system preferences, then I can turn scaling back off again and the color will remain correct until the next boot.
2. System hangs on shutdown/reboot forcing me to do a hard shutdown.
Those questions shoud be raised @RehabMan in this part of the forum: [Guide] Intel NUC7NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc).

Also a comment on the guide, while i was relative successful on a first hackintosh, it would have been much esier if the links to the kext and clover installer would include linkes to prebuilt binaries as well (though now i see you have added the zip archives which wasn't there when i did this last night)
Uploading files and images have been erratic for 2 days on the forum, even loging in was difficult!

How did you got the internal mics working?

Greetings
schlotterp

Also, any luck getting the 3.5 audio jack to work?
This I don't know (I use the audio jack from my monitor), perhaps ask @RehabMan in the proper forum.

Instead of changing the graphics ID with every reboot, you can just edit the config file using Clover Configurator (or xcode or any other plist editor) before you copy to USB. Or you can update it to the correct ID (I'll update this once I get home and find it).
You're right, I'll check that and update the file.

I have a NUC8i7BEH I am using here and following your guide. Tried 3x and I am in the same place. Get all the way to Phase 3 and system seems to hang.

I get to Clover, select Boot macOS from macOS and then it moves to the boot screen. First 50% of progress bar fills up quick then slowly the rest fills up (roughly 60secs) then nothing. Seems to hang forever. Been 15mins and nothing.

Any insights/tips?
Strange.
What kind of partition did you create?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back