Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok here it is!
In the beginning i start to change the number as you said but then i found out that i Have VALU TYPE on DATA and not on number as your screenshot and audio inject 28 on the top right of the page. (see the first image I attach).
So I change DATA to number and delete 28 and try again with all the number. (the second image)
Now with every number my nuc recognise all the output and with number 14 everything seems perfect with headphones
Then I plug 2 different Mini jack > RCA to my stereo and the problem was there again.
So now I can listen with haedphone from headphone input but not through my stereo :)
is it possible @Leesureone ?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-04-29 at 14.44.48.png
    Screenshot 2020-04-29 at 14.44.48.png
    524.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot 2020-04-29 at 15.33.27.png
    Screenshot 2020-04-29 at 15.33.27.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
Ok here it is!
In the beginning i start to change the number as you said but then i found out that i Have VALU TYPE on DATA and not on number as your screenshot and audio inject 28 on the top right of the page. (see the first image I attach).
So I change DATA to number and delete 28 and try again with all the number. (the second image)
Now with every number my nuc recognise all the output and with number 14 everything seems perfect with headphones
Then I plug 2 different Mini jack > RCA to my stereo and the problem was there again.
So now I can listen with haedphone from headphone input but not through my stereo :)
is it possible @Leesureone ?
What is your second screen shot supposed to show? I'm away from my desk so will look at this later. Input from your stereo I don't understand, do you mean output or are you trying to use HDMI?

I can connect hdmi to my tv and then tv>stereo.
But I'd like to connect my NUC directly to my stereo via headphone output
NUV>HEADPHONE OUTPUT>mini jac>RCA>STEREO.
With this last configuration I have all the creepy sound.
@Leesureone if you want you can contact me via mail and i will pay!

Last edited:
I can connect hdmi to my tv and then tv>stereo.
But I'd like to connect my NUC directly to my stereo via headphone output
NUV>HEADPHONE OUTPUT>mini jac>RCA>STEREO.
With this last configuration I have all the creepy sound.
@Leesureone if you want you can contact me via mail and i will pay!
Lets go at this differently, I think I got you going on the wrong foot. You will need to reverse any changes you made to the config.plist first, if needed just copy it form my EFI folder, delete the version you have on your hard drive and replace it. Then using Clover Configurator edit the config.plist to change the Layout ID this way.

Layout ID Clover Config.png

More information is here towards the end of the guide by Jaymonkey.

Hi everyone,

After trying almost all the fixes you mentioned in the previous post, I'm still stucked with the same things, while trying to hack my NUC7i5DNKE...
Every time I got the same problem: I boot on the USB, the install seem to start (Apple logo, and progression bar) and the, withe "no entry" sign appears and nothing happens then...
With the -v option, the last I can see is "IOUSBHostInterface(0x100000318): matching deferred by IOUSBHostHIDDevice. After this, the no entry sign appears, and the screen becomes unreadable.

BIOS settings edited as mentioned by everyone
I tried with Mojave & Catalina
Tried Clover & Unibeast
Tried UEFI and Legacy boot
Tried with various EFI folders posted before

Nothing seems to work and I don't find many help with this error :/

Any help would be really really nice...

Thanks

Last edited:
Search for 'prohibitory symbol' or 'still waiting for root device'.

Hi everyone,

After trying almost all the fixes you mentioned in the previous post, I'm still stucked with the same things, while trying to hack my NUC7i5DNKE...
Every time I got the same problem: I boot on the USB, the install seem to start (Apple logo, and progression bar) and the, withe "no entry" sign appears and nothing happens then...
With the -v option, the last I can see is "IOUSBHostInterface(0x100000318): matching deferred by IOUSBHostHIDDevice. After this, the no entry sign appears, and the screen becomes unreadable.

BIOS settings edited as mentioned by everyone
I tried with Mojave & Catalina
Tried Clover & Unibeast
Tried UEFI and Legacy boot
Tried with various EFI folders posted before

Nothing seems to work and I don't find many help with this error :/

Thanks
You can actually still follow the guide here to set up Mojave on a Dawson Canyon based NUC (which is what you have). The caveats are you will have to update all available kexts like Lilu, WEG, etc and the version of Clover to be able to boot. One other note the script installs kexts to both L\E and Clover\Kexts\Other, I suggest you delete all unnecessary kexts from L\E and then rebuild the kext cache. Let Clover load your kexts for you.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...g-clover-uefi-nuc7i7bxx-nuc8i7bxx-etc.261711/

Thanks to both of you for your responses,

Search for 'prohibitory symbol' or 'still waiting for root device'.

It worked..! I didn't imagine that the port used must be the one in the front of the NUC..! Thanks!

You can actually still follow the guide here to set up Mojave on a Dawson Canyon based NUC (which is what you have). The caveats are you will have to update all available kexts like Lilu, WEG, etc and the version of Clover to be able to boot. One other note the script installs kexts to both L\E and Clover\Kexts\Other, I suggest you delete all unnecessary kexts from L\E and then rebuild the kext cache. Let Clover load your kexts for you.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...g-clover-uefi-nuc7i7bxx-nuc8i7bxx-etc.261711/

Well I tried, with the last version of Clover, WEG and Lilu and It doesn't work at all (it crashes quickly during the first loading process, and I can't see the error on the screen as it go really quick.)

The farest I can go is with your EFI and config.plist, but I always get stucked with a :

Code:
//Trying Catalina:
FORCING CS_RUNTIME for entitlement: com.apple.private.security.kext-management

//Trying Mojave:
FORCING CS_RUNTIME for entitlement: com.apple.rootless.install

In both case, it seems to be related with FakeSMC, but I'm really not sure (FakeSMC is mentioned just before the error, each time, as you can see one the pictures)

Any ideas?

Thanks again for your help

Attachments

• IMG_1770.JPG
    IMG_1770.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_4529.jpg
    IMG_4529.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 57
Thanks to both of you for your responses,

It worked..! I didn't imagine that the port used must be the one in the front of the NUC..! Thanks!

Well I tried, with the last version of Clover, WEG and Lilu and It doesn't work at all (it crashes quickly during the first loading process, and I can't see the error on the screen as it go really quick.)

The farest I can go is with your EFI and config.plist, but I always get stucked with a :

Code:
//Trying Catalina:
FORCING CS_RUNTIME for entitlement: com.apple.private.security.kext-management

//Trying Mojave:
FORCING CS_RUNTIME for entitlement: com.apple.rootless.install

In both case, it seems to be related with FakeSMC, but I'm really not sure (FakeSMC is mentioned just before the error, each time, as you can see one the pictures)

Any ideas?

Thanks again for your help
Usually you can install from any of the USB ports, not really a problem as you got past it, but that may be an issue with the USB drive itself. I've had some give me grief until I used a different kind but I think you can ignore that for now.

Just to be clear I said you could follow the original guide, that meant follow the instructions by Rehabman and use his scripts and then once done clear out kexts from L\E and update Clover etc, not use my EFI folder. Other users who tried that and had Dawson Canyon models could not get it to work. I don't have that model and so have a tough time supporting it.

Also make sure you have input the correct bios settings which are also laid out in that guide as well as the one here. Apparently you have a serial port and that needs to be disabled.
Bios Settings.png

BIOS settings

First of all, update BIOS to latest version (version 0056 when these lines are written).

Follow this link https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28394/BIOS-Update-BECFL357-86A-?product=126147, download BE0056.bio and copy it on a USB stick.

To update BIOS, press F7 after booting when « NUC » appears on the screen.

Once updated, the boot menu and BIOS setup can be accessed by mashing the F2 key during BIOS startup.

To start, choose "Load Defaults" (choose from the menu or press F9 in the BIOS setup).

In order to boot the Clover from the USB, you should visit your BIOS settings:
- « Inter VT for directed I/VO (VT-d) » should be disabled
- « Secure Boot » should be disabled
- « Legacy Boot » should be enabled
- « Fast Boot » should be disabled
- Boot->Boot Devices-> « USB » should be enabled
- SATA mode should be AHCI

- Boot->Boot Configuration-> « Boot Network Devices Last » should be disabled
- Power->Secondary Power Settings, « Wake on LAN from S4/S5 », set to « Stay Off »

These settings are important but are already set as needed by « Load Defaults »
- Devices->Video, « IGD Minimum Memory » set to 64mb
- Devices->Video, « IGD Aperture Size » set to 256mb

Hi Leesureone,

My BIOS is up to date, and I've configured it as mentioned in the previous post.
I only made one mistake with the serial port which was enabled, I didn't know I had to disable it.
I'm gonna try to follow the first guide by rehabman tomorrow!
But I'm not sure the plist file is still good as the last WEG versions seems really different.

By the way, do you think the other NUC (ie. the NUC8I5BNK) are easier to hack? (more people one the community?)
I initially choose the Dawson Canyon because I was hopping to plug 2 screens in the 2 HDMI ports. But maybe it's doable with one screen on a USC-C hub and one on the DP of the NUC8I5BNK?

Thanks for you advices!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back