Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much now everything works fine!
I have installed catalina, the only issue is with the headphone input that doesn't work! (is there something I can do?)
I will use it mainly as a media server so i hope it will recognize my usb dac.
Thank you so much @Leesureone

Thank you so much now everything works fine!
I have installed catalina, the only issue is with the headphone input that doesn't work! (is there something I can do?)
I will use it mainly as a media server so i hope it will recognize my usb dac.
Thank you so much @Leesureone
Yes, there is a tool available for download here named Hackintool that can help, amazing utility. Download Hackintool
Download it and run it once done, then on the menu bar up top click on Audio and it should show you what devices are available and some basic configuration information. I'm pasting a screen shot of the the machine I'm working on now so it won't match your information. Here's what it will look like:
Makes sure it is highlighting the Realtek device and then find the Layout ID, mine shows 7, I think yours will say 1 or 0.
Sound.png

Just to be sure tell me what the exact Realtek device name is first and then I can give you the various IDs you can try and change to see if you can't get the head phone jack working.

I also need to know what bootloader you are using for the next step..

Attachments

• Schermata 2020-04-29 alle 00.27.52.png
    Schermata 2020-04-29 alle 00.27.52.png
    384 KB · Views: 71
  • Schermata 2020-04-29 alle 00.36.32.png
    Schermata 2020-04-29 alle 00.36.32.png
    257.7 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Here it's I suppose...
thank you
@Leesureone
Okay, Clover boot loader and Realtek ALC235 on layout 3. In System Preferences under Sound and then Output have you tried the internal speaker output, is that available?

Sound 2.png

Yes I have internal speakers, airplay and hdmi

Yes I have internal speakers, airplay and hdmi
Do you get sound from the head phone jack with internal speakers selected as the output method?

If I insert the headphone jack Internal speaker become headphone and i get a creapy sound

If I insert the headphone jack Internal speaker become headphone and i get a creapy sound
Okay, now it should be a matter of finding a better Layout ID. Here are the supported IDs for the ALC235
Sound 3.png

You are going to use Clover Configurator to mount your EFI partition and then open your config.plist and go the the Device tab on the left and then below on the main screen to change to Properties instead of Arbitrary. The bottom line on the right shows the Layout ID being used which can be edited and saved. Changes do not take effect until after reboot. My suggestion is to try 28 instead of 3. If that doesn't work then continue to try other IDs.

Sound ID.png

like this?
now i reboot!
If it doesn't work i have to try different number of the first image you attach?
so 3 11 12 14 15 16 21 22 28
?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-04-29 at 14.44.48.png
    Screenshot 2020-04-29 at 14.44.48.png
    524.6 KB · Views: 64
like this?
now i reboot!
If it doesn't work i have to try different number of the first image you attach?
so 3 11 12 14 15 16 21 22 28
?
Yes and good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back