Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
For continuity to work you also need wireless and OSX needs to see it as native (meaning aftermarket USB solutions for wireless don't work). Unless you want to purchase and adapter for the M2 slot and wirelsee/Bluetooth card its a dead end. We also now have the onboard bluetooth working with this kext so you don't need a dongle!

Leesureone, I guess it is a dead end because I have not succeeded. However, it seems like the whole purpose of the "continuity activation tool" was to hot-wire things so that Continuity would work with a dongle. Three are many success stories out there. What surprises me is that the tool did not recognize my dongle and yet many others have had success with the IOgear dongle AND the dongle is working with OSX nicely. I was hoping someone with this hardware would have solved the problem. Having said that, I love the fact that I can ditch the dongle. Thank you for providing me with the right kext to get the internal BT working properly! I will give that a go tonight!

Greg

Leesureone, I guess it is a dead end because I have not succeeded. However, it seems like the whole purpose of the "continuity activation tool" was to hot-wire things so that Continuity would work with a dongle. Three are many success stories out there. What surprises me is that the tool did not recognize my dongle and yet many others have had success with the IOgear dongle AND the dongle is working with OSX nicely. I was hoping someone with this hardware would have solved the problem. Having said that, I love the fact that I can ditch the dongle. Thank you for providing me with the right kext to get the internal BT working properly! I will give that a go tonight!

Greg
"An all-in-one tool to activate and diagnose macOS 10.10-12 Continuity on compatible Mac configurations"
Without a supported Wireless/Bluetooth card your Mac isn't a compatible configuration, there are a number of posts on this site dealing with which cards work and what if any drivers are needed. Just adding bluetooth is only half the equation.

Thank you, I very much appreciate your feedback. OK, I am giving up on continuity and now moving on to installing the kext you provided. With no dongle, and without installing your kext, it "seems" like there is something in the standard mojave install that latches on to the BT. The net effect is that when BT is enabled in the bios, the system appears happy in the OS (BT is shown working) and yet the Bluetooth in the end does not work. My litmis test is that you can't turn it off and of course no devices connect. It is activated and turned on, yet useless and unresponsive. I tried last night to simply put the kext you provided into Library/Extensions and nothing really changed. Therefore, I think what possibly needs to be done is to remove the apple kext that is not working?

My second question is do you know which of the two NUC antennas (on the NUC8i7BEH) is for BT? There is a black longer one and a grey shorter one. I ask because I installed in a Akasa case and ultimately removed the antennas. (When testing above, I opened up the Akasa (all metal case) and reinstalled the antennas in the original configuration leaving the case open so there was no RF sheilding to ensure I am not blocking the antennas).

Thank you, I very much appreciate your feedback. OK, I am giving up on continuity and now moving on to installing the kext you provided. With no dongle, and without installing your kext, it "seems" like there is something in the standard mojave install that latches on to the BT. The net effect is that when BT is enabled in the bios, the system appears happy in the OS (BT is shown working) and yet the Bluetooth in the end does not work. My litmis test is that you can't turn it off and of course no devices connect. It is activated and turned on, yet useless and unresponsive. I tried last night to simply put the kext you provided into Library/Extensions and nothing really changed. Therefore, I think what possibly needs to be done is to remove the apple kext that is not working?

My second question is do you know which of the two NUC antennas (on the NUC8i7BEH) is for BT? There is a black longer one and a grey shorter one. I ask because I installed in a Akasa case and ultimately removed the antennas. (When testing above, I opened up the Akasa (all metal case) and reinstalled the antennas in the original configuration leaving the case open so there was no RF sheilding to ensure I am not blocking the antennas).
You are the first one to report that kext not working, at least in this thread. It was produced by a fellow on github and he would be the one to report that too. I can send you a link to it later when I get home if you like. It works nicely on both my devices.

I don't know the answer to your antenna question but you have a 50% chance of being right...all I've got in it.

Hi,
yesterday with your guide I install mojave on my nuc.
I had problems with headphone jack so i tried to solve but make a lot of mistake.
Now i'd like to format everything and restart from the beginning but i don't know how

Hi,
yesterday with your guide I install mojave on my nuc.
I had problems with headphone jack so i tried to solve but make a lot of mistake.
Now i'd like to format everything and restart from the beginning but i don't know how
It's relatively easy. Run the installer again from your boot drive and once it finishes loading on the menu bar pick disk utility and format away.

I can't because in the middle of panic mode I delete the efi folder and now it doesn't boot anymore.
If i boot with the usb and i enter in clover and i find 4 options.
if I select boot filevault prebooter from preboot it stuck in the black screen with the apple
and the same in the other options.
I cannot arrive in the installer and format my main ssd.
I have a nuc8i3bek
transcend m.2 ssd4202
8gb crucial

Attachments

• IMG_20200428_211724252.jpg
    IMG_20200428_211724252.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20200428_211722362.jpg
    IMG_20200428_211722362.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20200428_211720397.jpg
    IMG_20200428_211720397.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20200428_211718164.jpg
    IMG_20200428_211718164.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 33
I can't because in the middle of panic mode I delete the efi folder and now it doesn't boot anymore.
If i boot with the usb and i enter in clover and i find 4 options.
if I select boot filevault prebooter from preboot it stuck in the black screen with the apple
and the same in the other options.
I cannot arrive in the installer and format my main ssd.
I have a nuc8i3bek
transcend m.2 ssd4202
8gb crucial
Start over and recreate your USB boot drive the way you did before, then you can run the install again

Ok now this is the situation.
I don't know how i have erase os ssd.
then i have made an usb pen as said in the beginning of the post.
EXACTLY the same way.
Now this is the situation
i have no
Boot macOS Install from install_osx

Attachments

• IMG_20200428_231419922.jpg
    IMG_20200428_231419922.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20200428_231317936.jpg
    IMG_20200428_231317936.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 23.30.55.png
    Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 23.30.55.png
    156.3 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 23.31.18.png
    Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 23.31.18.png
    178.8 KB · Views: 48
Ok now this is the situation.
I don't know how i have erase os ssd.
then i have made an usb pen as said in the beginning of the post.
EXACTLY the same way.
Now this is the situation
i have no
Boot macOS Install from install_osx

Because the boot drive was built incorrectly, there are no OSX install files for it to find. To make it easier on you download and use Unibeast instead, it's made for Newbies. There is a guide here to walk you through it. Use the recommended bios settings from the first post of this thread not the TonyMac Guide.

Once that has completed the EFI folder will still be mounted. Delete the EFI folder in the EFI partition and replace it with one of these on page 90 of this thread and try again. #894

I do not recommend you try OpenCore just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back