Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s probably hanging. You can hit the space bar at the clover boot screen and scroll down to find the “verbose” setting. Check it and then scroll back up to boot with these settings. It will show the activity on the screen as it loads.
Gives acpi error.. reinstall? No I have mojave for now. Is probably better update to catalina?

Gives acpi error.. reinstall? No I have mojave for now. Is probably better update to catalina?
No. If it doesn't work in Mojave it won't work in Catalina. The problem is in the EFI folder you are using now. Change it back and try the USB C connector for video if possible. You may have to change a setting in the bios first for display.

No. If it doesn't work in Mojave it won't work in Catalina. The problem is in the EFI folder you are using now. Change it back and try the USB C connector for video if possible. You may have to change a setting in the bios first for display.
Is not loading anymore, I am trying to open again the usb installer to erase and reinstall but loading is super slow too and I don't think It will open.. any suggestion?

Is not loading anymore, I am trying to open again the usb installer to erase and reinstall but loading is super slow too and I don't think It will open.. any suggestion?
You can’t boot from the usb drive into Mojave? You should be able too if you left that the same. Make sure it boots from it then choose the Mojave hard drive at the boot screen. I have to go, be back online later

You can’t boot from the usb drive into Mojave? You should be able too if you left that the same. Make sure it boots from it then choose the Mojave hard drive at the boot screen. I have to go, be back online later
Thanks, I am reinstalling all to be sure.. But I started the process with type c connector instead of hdmi.. will see If I get the same issues

I am done, Installed and fixed few issues, I am trying to fix the 3,5mm jack cause when I plug in the headphone the sound is terrible and kind of metallic, I think I already took the new kext for catalina so I will give a try to upgrade.. imessage and facetime fixed this morning, than I don't know if something is missing this are the issues that I found till now..
audio, upgrade kext.. Thanks for the help you saved really my days

I am done, Installed and fixed few issues, I am trying to fix the 3,5mm jack cause when I plug in the headphone the sound is terrible and kind of metallic, I think I already took the new kext for catalina so I will give a try to upgrade.. imessage and facetime fixed this morning, than I don't know if something is missing this are the issues that I found till now..
audio, upgrade kext.. Thanks for the help you saved really my days
If you have issues with crackling sound from the headphone jack several users have reported success installing all kexts, with the exception of FakeSMC.kext, to the Library/Extensions folder. You will need to use a kext installer of which there are a few or rebuild the kext cache after copying and pasting (search google for either). Audio over HDMI and the headphone jack both should work. (You can probably install all of kexts there, including FakeSMC.kext, if you prefer)

If you have issues with crackling sound from the headphone jack several users have reported success installing all kexts, with the exception of FakeSMC.kext, to the Library/Extensions folder. You will need to use a kext installer of which there are a few or rebuild the kext cache after copying and pasting (search google for either). Audio over HDMI and the headphone jack both should work. (You can probably install all of kexts there, including FakeSMC.kext, if you prefer)
I have hackintool but it shows me probably around 100kext, do I have to install all of that?

I have hackintool but it shows me probably around 100kext, do I have to install all of that?
No. Mount the EFI folder and then navigate to Clover/kexts/ other. The only kexts you need are there. Leave Fakesmc.kext but delete the rest when you are done with hackintool and then empty the trash.

No. Mount the EFI folder and then navigate to Clover/kexts/ other. The only kexts you need are there. Leave Fakesmc.kext but delete the rest when you are done with hackintool and then empty the trash.
Unfortunately is doing the same thing, sound is ok in the monitor with usb-c but when I plug in the headphones the sound is terrible.. Any other solution? With this efi folder can I upgrade to catalina or something is missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back