Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay great. Maybe start by reviewing this post and we can go from there, its a pretty broad overview that for new users could be improved with step by step instructions and pictures which I can help with. Be nice if we had a way to collaborate outside of this forum.
Hi Leesureone,

Didn't find how to send you a PM :oops:

Hi,

I am a beginner here, having an Intel Nuc Hackintosh.

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with the Catalina update.... is it just a simple click on update or I have to do something else as well (ofc..., other than a backup before I start the procedure).

Hi,

I am a beginner here, having an Intel Nuc Hackintosh.

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with the Catalina update.... is it just a simple click on update or I have to do something else as well (ofc..., other than a backup before I start the procedure).
So far its been simple. Download it with software update and then when it reboots select Catalina install from your hard drive at the clover boot screen. It takes quite a while to finish the install, just be patient.

So far its been simple. Download it with software update and then when it reboots select Catalina install from your hard drive at the clover boot screen. It takes quite a while to finish the install, just be patient.
Thanks! Now I am a bit less worried :)

Yesterday I updated my NUC8i3beh to ver.74 bios with no issue for my hackintosh [mojave 10.14.6] installation [ #533 ] and [ #571 ].
Just for testing

....and today I just upgraded the system to "Catalina" without any problems.
I will report any issue , if any, in the next few days.
Again, many thanks to RehabMan, Leesureone, Cric and tonymacx86

I have a question to ask :
When upgrading to a bios or MacOs later version do I need to update Clover as well?
What are the advantages?

I have a question to ask :
When upgrading to a bios or MacOs later version do I need to update Clover as well?
What are the advantages?
It depends but usually no.

I don't think there is a "Driver" that would help. Does it boot OSX without the external GPU?
it can boot OSX without the external GPU and work fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back