Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, after step 6 I would make sure you can boot back into Mojave and then move onto step 7. Might be what you meant all along. You should be good!
One stupid question. It all turned out fine...but the version of clover I downloaded was v 2.4k_r4961 and the original install log shows that was what was installed. I replaced everything in EFI with your posted zip. When I start up it says clover 4920....Is it reading something from your files?

thanks

One stupid question. It all turned out fine...but the version of clover I downloaded was v 2.4k_r4961 and the original install log shows that was what was installed. I replaced everything in EFI with your posted zip. When I start up it says clover 4920....Is it reading something from your files?

thanks
It’s the version of the boot loader in the EFI folder I posted. You can reinstall version 4961 if you want and it should leave the kexts, config.plist and drivers in place (it might update a driver or two and add some you don’t need but it shouldn’t keep it from booting). I just updated my system and once the main site is working again I will upload it for future use. It's been down for a couple or three days now.

Last edited:
What did you finally do to get to install?
I created using Unibeast and selected legacy instead of UEFI then replace folder EFI with yours.

As now I need to continue install boot loader to the NVMe drive because it doesn’t boot. Another question , the on board intel wireless has no option to find any kext ?

Thanks

It’s the version of the boot loader in the EFI folder I posted. You can reinstall version 4961 if you want and it should leave the kexts, config.plist and drivers in place (it might update a driver or two and add some you don’t need but it shouldn’t keep it from booting). I just updated my system and once the main site is working again I will upload it for future use. It's been down for a couple or three days now.
yep, that did the trick!

Now everything is up to date and I'm ready for whatever Apple comes up with next :)

I created using Unibeast and selected legacy instead of UEFI then replace folder EFI with yours.

As now I need to continue install boot loader to the NVMe drive because it doesn’t boot. Another question , the on board intel wireless has no option to find any kext ?

Thanks
Right, no kexts for the wireless and will not work in OSX.

Alright, I got to find USB wireless that having kext .

OK folks, let me preface this by saying I'm an idiot. I must be because I have followed the instructions now to a T but I am still missing something (no ethernet).

• I installed Clover on my new hard drive and then went into the EFI-Backups folder and cleared out anything other than the r4961 folder because that is the latest build of Clover that I have installed (there were some lingering fragments of previous install versions from multibeast etc...)
  • I then went into that and found the EFI folder and emptied it into the trash and then purged the trash
  • I copied the contents of @Leesureone EFI folder from post 430 into the EFI folder
  • I rebooted - No ethernet
  • I repeated the above steps but copied the EFI folder from my original install USB (which had ethernet working!) - no ethernet.
What am I missing. It feels like something small and obvious but I am pulling out what little hair I have left trying to figure this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back