Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix Z390 Gaming E
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi.

Bios seems to be ok. Bios settings too.
Drivers and kext are those you recommend.

After googleed a while, I found problem could be both aptio EFI drivers.
If I remove both and use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi I was able to install MacOsX Mojave with reboots and so on.

But now I'm stuck at the last phase after installation: user setup.
Loading bar is completed but remain there with white Apple Logo indefinitely...

I'm running out of options...

[UPDATE]

I've been able to get over with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.
Let you know if is working...

[UPDATE2]

Try to do all the post installation steps, it's difficult 'cause I have some graphical glitches.
Also audio not working.
And weird stuff happens.
Hi.

Bios seems to be ok. Bios settings too.
Drivers and kext are those you recommend.

After googleed a while, I found problem could be both aptio EFI drivers.
If I remove both and use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi I was able to install MacOsX Mojave with reboots and so on.

But now I'm stuck at the last phase after installation: user setup.
Loading bar is completed but remain there with white Apple Logo indefinitely...

I'm running out of options...

[UPDATE]

I've been able to get over with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.
Let you know if is working...

[UPDATE2]

Try to do all the post installation steps, it's difficult 'cause I have some graphical glitches.
Also audio not working.
And weird stuff happens.

[UPDATE3]

Post installation is done.
Graphic it's ok, audio seems go through HDMI. (
Everytime I try to install other language in Language&Region Pref. Pane the NUC restart itself.
Also if I try to open Migration assistant, the NUC restart itself...
Anyone know why?
Get rid of OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi if you haven't already, its not needed for NUC's because they support nvRAM natively. If you don't have EmuVariableUEFI.efi that can cause reboots, if you do then it's hard to say except something is set up incorrectly. You can post the error reporting files detailed below at the end of the first post then someone may be able to help you.

Motherboard
Gigabyte H110M-S2H
CPU
i7 7700
Graphics
Vega 64
Having a problem, followed the guide to the T without any issues along the way, easiest Hackintosh ever done so thanks for that!

Problem is....056 BIOS, ThunderBolt Enabled in Bios etc. System Profile says No Thunderbolt Drivers Installed.

NUC8i3BEH. So far everything else looks to be working perfectly. Just the above issue.

Any ideas?

Get rid of OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi if you haven't already, its not needed for NUC's because they support nvRAM natively. If you don't have EmuVariableUEFI.efi that can cause reboots, if you do then it's hard to say except something is set up incorrectly. You can post the error reporting files detailed below at the end of the first post then someone may be able to help you.
Yes, I have EmuVariableUEFI.efi in Drivers Folder, I try to get rid of it and check again if the Nuc is more stable.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
Having a problem, followed the guide to the T without any issues along the way, easiest Hackintosh ever done so thanks for that!

Problem is....056 BIOS, ThunderBolt Enabled in Bios etc. System Profile says No Thunderbolt Drivers Installed.

NUC8i3BEH. So far everything else looks to be working perfectly. Just the above issue.

Any ideas?
Hi @flashgear, I forget the exact wording but in the bios set Thunderbolt to Legacy or Enable Legacy Thunderbolt. Something like that. You still won't get hot plugging but as long as the device is attached when you start up it should be detected. Give a shot.

I try all combination as possible of UEFI64 drivers...
System now seems pretty stable.

Still, is impossible to open Migration Utility and start a migration: system crash and restart immediately when Migration Utility try to log off.
Also I'm still experimenting some random (but more rare), odd similar reboot.

[UPDATE]

System crash also on: creation of new system users.
It's very ODD...

Can you point me in right direction to debug this problems?

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte H110M-S2H
CPU
i7 7700
Graphics
Vega 64
Hi @flashgear, I forget the exact wording but in the bios set Thunderbolt to Legacy or Enable Legacy Thunderbolt. Something like that. You still won't get hot plugging but as long as the device is attached when you start up it should be detected. Give a shot.
Hi @Leesureone thanks for the response!

I have enabled every option I can see in the BIOS. I found the Legacy Mode you speak of under the Security tab. I enabled it and booted back up and it still says "No Drivers Detected" in System Profiler.

Would it only detect for a driver if there was Thunderbolt device attached?

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi @Leesureone thanks for the response!

I have enabled every option I can see in the BIOS. I found the Legacy Mode you speak of under the Security tab. I enabled it and booted back up and it still says "No Drivers Detected" in System Profiler.

Would it only detect for a driver if there was Thunderbolt device attached?
I’m not sure just that it works for me on my setup. I can access a couple of thunderbolt hard drives I have. Do you not have a device you can connect to test it?

Hey

Trying to setup my first hackintosh.

I have the NUC8i7BEH and I've followed the directions twice, and rebuilt my USB drive twice to install Mojave.

So far the farthest I've made is step 7 and somewhat part of step 8.

Every time I boot the into Clover and boot into my partition, it give me the apple logo and the loading bar. After a min or two the screen goes to the grey install screen with the mouse icon moving around. But after a few seconds the whole system just reboots and it a continuous cycle if I choose to boot into my partition.

Can someone recommend what steps I need to do next to troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Gigabyte 5700 XT Gaming OC
Hey

Trying to setup my first hackintosh.

I have the NUC8i7BEH and I've followed the directions twice, and rebuilt my USB drive twice to install Mojave.

So far the farthest I've made is step 7 and somewhat part of step 8.

Every time I boot the into Clover and boot into my partition, it give me the apple logo and the loading bar. After a min or two the screen goes to the grey install screen with the mouse icon moving around. But after a few seconds the whole system just reboots and it a continuous cycle if I choose to boot into my partition.

Can someone recommend what steps I need to do next to troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks
Hi Joshua,
Look at my post at #289. I think my issue was a similar to yours. I used @LittleBlack 's EFI folder and that fixed it for me.

Hi gmdelisle,

I saw that post and was a bit confused on what you replaced.

Did you replace the existing EFI on the USB drive with that zip file? What about the config.plist? I thought I had to use the special one for the NUC8i7BEH?

Update :

I actually re-read the whole post instead of skimming past it in my frustration. Followed what you did and was able to get past it onto the macOS desktop.

Thanks for all the help!

Last edited: