Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Gigabyte 5700 XT Gaming OC
Hi all,
I had previously succeeded in installing Mac OSX 10.14.3 on my NUC8i5BEH.

I had some problems with it and decided to reinstall. Now attempting to install 10.14.4. I am getting stuck at the end of 8. Installation animation finishes but never boots to desktop. It just hangs there forever.

Using Bios 56 as I did in previous install. Using Rehabman's Clover.

Wondering if
1) I am doing something wrong
2) Bios needs to be downgraded?
3) Need to use different clover version

Any help much appreciated. Attached Verbose and Clover folder.

Attachments

• Clover.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 23
  • Verbose.jpg
    Verbose.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 50

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,
I had previously succeeded in installing Mac OSX 10.14.3 on my NUC8i5BEH.

I had some problems with it and decided to reinstall. Now attempting to install 10.14.4. I am getting stuck at the end of 8. Installation animation finishes but never boots to desktop. It just hangs there forever.

Using Bios 56 as I did in previous install. Using Rehabman's Clover.

Wondering if
1) I am doing something wrong
2) Bios needs to be downgraded?
3) Need to use different clover version

Any help much appreciated. Attached Verbose and Clover folder.
update your clover version to latest via sourceforge

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
update your clover version to latest via sourceforge
Thanks, I've tried that but did not have any luck. Although I could not find an exact match to the instructions given by @Cric with @RehabMan version of Clover in this guide :

"Run the Clover Installer package:
- select the target of the install to "CLOVER EFI" using "Change Install Location"
- select "Customize" (the default is a legacy install -- we need to change it)
- check "Install for UEFI booting only", "Install Clover in the ESP" will automatically select
- check "BGM" from Themes (the config.plist files I provide use this theme)
- the defaults for Drivers64UEFI are recommended"

Perhaps I am not checking the right boxes.

If ever you updated instructions for the Sourceforge version of Clover, would really help (or share the Clover folder in questions)!

Many thanks.

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks, I've tried that but did not have any luck. Although I could not find an exact match to the instructions given by @Cric with @RehabMan version of Clover in this guide :

"Run the Clover Installer package:
- select the target of the install to "CLOVER EFI" using "Change Install Location"
- select "Customize" (the default is a legacy install -- we need to change it)
- check "Install for UEFI booting only", "Install Clover in the ESP" will automatically select
- check "BGM" from Themes (the config.plist files I provide use this theme)
- the defaults for Drivers64UEFI are recommended"

Perhaps I am not checking the right boxes.

If ever you updated instructions for the Sourceforge version of Clover, would really help (or share the Clover folder in questions)!

Many thanks.
here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
OK I actually got it to work by copying @LittleBlack 's EFI folder and overwriting mine on my USB.

So for anyone having a similar problem. Follow all the steps in Cric's guide until Step 8. First backup, then overwrite the EFI folder with the one from LittleBlack's post. Boot from USB, select Boot from (Partition name) and you should be able to resume your installation normally afterwards. I also installed Clover the completely replaced my EFI folder on my NUC with LittleBlack's after installation also. I did not have to replace the Plist or anything. It's all in his folder!

And I got a nice Clover Theme in the process. Thank you all for your help!

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix Z490 Gaming E
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
OK I actually got it to work by copying @LittleBlack 's Clover folder and overwriting mine on my USB.

And I got a nice Clover Theme in the process. Thank you all for your help!

I downloaded his EFI Folder, he has an updated version of Clover installed. It could have been you were missing something else as well but there you go.

Last edited:
Hi,

I just received my second NUC8 i5, the first one died and wouldn't even post, I had back dated the bios to v56 and used it for a few hours before it failed - doubt there's a connection tbh.

My replacement arrived with v64 and I was keen to not have to roll back the bios this time, adding the extra dict to the config.plist as per Konti's instructions in #249 and it booted straight into 10.14.4 and everything seem good.

Thanks!

I follow this guide...
I have an Intel NUC NUC8i5BEK Core i5.

But everytime I start the OSX installer, just after the white apple on black screen, a forbidden symbol appear...

Can you help me?

Tnx...

Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix Z490 Gaming E
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I follow this guide...
I have an Intel NUC NUC8i5BEK Core i5.

But everytime I start the OSX installer, just after the white apple on black screen, a forbidden symbol appear...

Can you help me?

Tnx...

What version of the bios do you have installed? It you are using higher than 56 none of the config.plists from the guide will not work. Please verify that first.

Then did you change the bios settings as specified?
- Boot -> Boot Configuration, disable "**Network Boot**"
- Power -> Secondary Power Settings, "**Wake on LAN from S4/S5**", set to "**Stay Off**"
- Boot -> Secure Boot, disable "**Secure Boot**"
- Devices -> OnBoard Devices, disable "**Bluetooth**"

You may also need to update the version of clover if you are using Rehabman's, its been a while since he wrote the guide things have changed.

Make sure you have the correct drivers on your usb boot drive and the needed kexts to boot, see attachments.

If none of that makes a difference then pleas boot with the verbose flag (-v) and take a picture of where the system hangs and post it.

Attachments

• USB drivers64UEFI.png
    USB drivers64UEFI.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 51
  • USB kexts Other.png
    USB kexts Other.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 40
What version of the bios do you have installed? It you are using higher than 56 none of the config.plists from the guide will not work. Please verify that first.

Then did you change the bios settings as specified?
- Boot -> Boot Configuration, disable "**Network Boot**"
- Power -> Secondary Power Settings, "**Wake on LAN from S4/S5**", set to "**Stay Off**"
- Boot -> Secure Boot, disable "**Secure Boot**"
- Devices -> OnBoard Devices, disable "**Bluetooth**"

You may also need to update the version of clover if you are using Rehabman's, its been a while since he wrote the guide things have changed.

Make sure you have the correct drivers on your usb boot drive and the needed kexts to boot, see attachments.

If none of that makes a difference then pleas boot with the verbose flag (-v) and take a picture of where the system hangs and post it.

Hi.

Bios seems to be ok. Bios settings too.
Drivers and kext are those you recommend.

After googleed a while, I found problem could be both aptio EFI drivers.
If I remove both and use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi I was able to install MacOsX Mojave with reboots and so on.

But now I'm stuck at the last phase after installation: user setup.
Loading bar is completed but remain there with white Apple Logo indefinitely...

I'm running out of options...

[UPDATE]

I've been able to get over with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.
Let you know if is working...

[UPDATE2]

Try to do all the post installation steps, it's difficult 'cause I have some graphical glitches.
Also audio not working.
And weird stuff happens.

[UPDATE3]

Post installation is done.
Graphic it's ok, audio seems go through HDMI.
Everytime I try to install other language in Language&Region Pref. Pane the NUC restart itself.
Also if I try to open Migration assistant, the NUC restart itself...
Anyone know why?

Last edited: