Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing El Capitan on Spectre x360 (Skylake)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, I installed the Broadcom BCM94352Z wifi card. After installing the card, I checked the linked tutorial: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.104850/ But it's a little bit mixed up and not clear constructed, so I'm not really sure what I need. I placed 4 kext files (FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, FakePCIID.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext & BrcmFirmwareData.kext). I'm not sure if I have to patch something or anything else. The wifi symbol appears, but if I click on "enable", nothing happens.
Looks a little bit like this problem: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-wifi-not-working.178091/
On windows the wifi card works. Is there something I forgot or maybe I did anything else wrong on patching/installing osx?

Thanks in advance. :)

Edit:/// In the moment of writing, the problem is gone. I booted back from windows to osx, and now it works fine! Looks like everything is ok now. Sorry for pushing this thread thanks again for this tutorial. :)

Last edited:
Can i make a bootable usb in windows 10....i have no real Macintosh....My Laptop is
HP Notebook - 15-ay075nia
CPU= Intel i7-6500U
GPU= Intel HD 520
HDD= 1TB

Thanx

Can i make a bootable usb in windows 10....i have no real Macintosh....My Laptop is
HP Notebook - 15-ay075nia
CPU= Intel i7-6500U
GPU= Intel HD 520
HDD= 1TB

Thanx

OS X/macOS is only available from the Mac App Store.
You need access to a Mac or working hack to download OS X/macOS from the Mac App Store.

OS X/macOS is only available from the Mac App Store.
You need access to a Mac or working hack to download OS X/macOS from the Mac App Store.

Ok...My friend have a MacOS VM in his laptop...and he use the mac in virtual machine. can i make bootable usb in that laptop using the VM....thanx

Ok...My friend have a MacOS VM in his laptop...and he use the mac in virtual machine. can i make bootable usb in that laptop using the VM....thanx

I don't hink you read the guide very carefully...

Note: DO NOT use a VM to create your USB. VMs are known to create invalid/corrupt USB installers. Use real hardware to create your USB installer.

ok sir thanx... i don't use vm....

By the way, is it normal that my spectre needs around 45 seconds to boot (from clover bootscreen)?

By the way, is it normal that my spectre needs around 45 seconds to boot (from clover bootscreen)?

You can analyze startup tasks by looking at system.log. Boot starts at BOOT_TIME.

This looks like a helluva lot of work! Can I have some verification, as I have the 15-ap012dx model (4k screen). I read in this thread that the resolution wasn't quite right on the hdpi screens; is this assertion still correct, or was it resolved? I'm currently running Arch, and I have issue with accelerometers not being picked up by the linux kernel, so there's no auto-rotation of screen in tablet mode. Is this an issue in Os X? Also, I use the USB C port for both data transfer with external drive, and connection to 4k monitor, and for charging my Nexus phone; is the USB C port fully functioning? I'm currently offloading datastream from sound server to external DAC, because of issue with sound coming from speakers and headphones, when headphones are plugged in. This issue is probably kernel related as well, but just wanted to check it doesnt appear in Os X on this particular machine. Thanks.

Can you help me please i am using hp envy x360 4th gen core i7 4510.. and i am not being able to install macos. i tried el captain.. but it gets stuck at apple logo. please help me if you can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back