Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing 10.11 HP Elite 8000, 8200, 8300/DEPRECATED See HP 8300 Guides Instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
and the screen after is showing Non-System disk/disk error?

ok solved the Non-system disk/disk error

Hi. I'm new to the hackintosh here and bought HP Elite 8000 E8400 based on the guide here.
I've installed the Snow Leopard using DVD. Try to create El Capitan USB installer using Unibeast but failed.
After few seconds on the apple logo, it will reboot. My GPU is Gt 610 and I've entered nv_disable=1,
safe mode etc but still can't get to the installation phase.

I also tried to create USB installer using enoch following this guide but it failed at the end.

Anybody can point me to the right direction?

Attachments

• Unibeast Install fail.jpg
    Unibeast Install fail.jpg
    639.9 KB · Views: 160
  • Unibeast Install fail2.jpg
    Unibeast Install fail2.jpg
    932.9 KB · Views: 142
  • Enoch failed.jpg
    Enoch failed.jpg
    623.3 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Hi. I'm new to the hackintosh here and bought HP Elite 8000 E8400 based on the guide here.
This guide, written by VioletDragon is deprecated. When the HP Elite 8300s are now so low cost it doesn't make any sense to even try to hackintosh the 10 year old C2Duo 8000 models anymore. If you can sell this, buy an 8300 SFF and install the GT 710 LP card you've got a HS or Mojave capable system that won't be obsolete so quickly or so difficult to install macOS on. If you do want to keep your GT 610 and install El Capitan you can still do that with the HP 8300 model.

VioletDragon has notified us that he switched to Linux and has completely left the Apple ecosystem. Even got rid of his iPhone. His last post here was in December of 2017. Don't think he'll ever be back.

Last edited:
In my part of the world, HP Elite 8300 i5 still cost about US$130.

Damn I should've read this thread until the end before I made my purchase...

In my part of the world, HP Elite 8300 i5 still cost about US$130.

Damn I should've read this thread until the end before I made my purchase...
If you want to keep your HP 8000 just install Yosemite for legacy booting. Use Chameleon boot loader. It's many times easier than using Enoch and trying to get El Capitan working.

@VioletDragon Thank you for the wonderful guide.
I'm using HP8000SFF and HP8100CMT, but many times I was helped by the USB I created in this guide.

HP8100CMT is used, but now Audio can be played back with the development of Clover and various extensions (kexts).

HP8000 cannot update with Core2Duo. I think there are details and workarounds, but I do not know.
(I thought it could be updated with Core2Quad, but I have not verified it)

Last edited:
If anyone need,i can share my HP 8000sff clover efi's folder full working with big sur, everything seems working with my hardware,if anyone need It,i can share, obviously without the smbios

If anyone need,i can share my HP 8000sff clover efi's folder full working with big sur, everything seems working with my hardware,if anyone need It,i can share, obviously without the smbios
That's about the oldest HP that can still run Big Sur. Good job. What you need to leave out is your serial numbers, not the SMBIOS. Which system def. (SMBIOS) did you use ?

That's about the oldest HP that can still run Big Sur. Good job. What you need to leave out is your serial numbers, not the SMBIOS. Which system def. (SMBIOS) did you use ?
I used an iMac 15.2 system definition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back