Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing 10.11 HP Elite 8000, 8200, 8300/DEPRECATED See HP 8300 Guides Instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to update from 10.11.3 to 10.11.6. I downloaded the update from apple but it says "this volume does not meet the requirements for this update"
I am using clover.

I am trying to update from 10.11.3 to 10.11.6. I downloaded the update from apple but it says "this volume does not meet the requirements for this update"
I am using clover.

Attach config.

Thanks VioletDragon. I'm surprised you are still replying to this thread. I was able to finally update. You have to download the combo update to 10.11.6, not just the update. I then rebooted with the usb, using -f and all seems good so far. It has been a long journey with this machine.
I must have installed os x on it 10 or 15 times but now I have everything working. I really appreciate this guide!

I'm going crazy with this Clover thing. I had a fantastic Mavericks install running for years and had to get newer hardware. So I'm running the 8100 Elite CMT with an 2,66GHz i5 and 8GB Ram plus Nvidia NVS 300 video card. If I continue booting from the USB stick with GraphicsEnabler=Yes I'm fine. All is working. However, I won't manage to boot from the Macintosh HD itself. When I get into Clover and want to select my HD I end up with a "b1f: init 6" error and I can't make this machine boot into OSX. So frustrating!!! Any ideas?

I'm going crazy with this Clover thing. I had a fantastic Mavericks install running for years and had to get newer hardware. So I'm running the 8100 Elite CMT with an 2,66GHz i5 and 8GB Ram plus Nvidia NVS 300 video card. If I continue booting from the USB stick with GraphicsEnabler=Yes I'm fine. All is working. However, I won't manage to boot from the Macintosh HD itself. When I get into Clover and want to select my HD I end up with a "b1f: init 6" error and I can't make this machine boot into OSX. So frustrating!!! Any ideas?

Remove everything inside EFI/CLOVER/ from the system drive (HDD), and replace it with everything inside EFI/CLOVER/ from the USB (Unibeast) drive. Mount the EFI partition on the Unibeast USB. (EFI will be the partition numbered "1", as in "/dev/disk2s1") and the EFI partition on your system drive (also partition 1, probably "/dev/disk0s1"), then copy the file from one to the other. You can use EFI mounter V3 to mount the EFI partition on your HDD.

Thanks VioletDragon. I'm surprised you are still replying to this thread. I was able to finally update. You have to download the combo update to 10.11.6, not just the update. I then rebooted with the usb, using -f and all seems good so far. It has been a long journey with this machine.
I must have installed os x on it 10 or 15 times but now I have everything working. I really appreciate this guide!

The reason why I'm replying to this thread is because i haven't bothered with Sierra and probably won't bother it has too much issues and not worth putting Sierra on this machine at this time.

GraphicsEnabler=Yes is not valid with Clover. Should installing Clover with Boot0af would probably be better to install Clover to root of the boot drive in Legacy other than installing to the ESP.

GraphicsEnabler=Yes is not valid with Clover. Should installing Clover with Boot0af would probably be better to install Clover to root of the boot drive in Legacy other than installing to the ESP.

Thanks for the reply and your support! It helps so much. :)
However, I didn't manage to get clover working and I studied this thing for more than a week day in and day out. I installed 10.11.3 again and again...no change.

So since I'm using Hackintosh builds since summer 2005 I'm familiar with the old school booatloaders, kext's and smbios.plist writing by hand.
What I did was installing Enoch (latest update) to my Mac HD and just put all the kext's you mentioned in your guide to /Extra/Extensions.
I installed VoodooHDA.pkg (latest build directly from the sourceforge project page) for Audio and my Nvidia NVS 300 works out of the box with QE/CI just with GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

I had to build an smbios.plist to see my memory correctly listed with it's speed etc. as well as I wanted to have this machine running as an iMac 14,1. I did this with the help of Chameleon Wizard. What a nice little tool this is! ;)

Again, all works smooth and fine...even FaceTime etc. pp.

Next step now would be to upgrade to 10.11.6
Any ideas about this? I would backup my settings so far and install from the Combo update (https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1885), putting my files afterwards back in place, and fix partition rights. Any files that needed to be deleted? How about the Kernel you provided? I don't think I need it for the update, do I?

Here's my smbios.plist (just crossed out parts of my serial):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosdate</key>
<string>03/09/13</string>
<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>IM141.88Z.0118.B00.1309031248</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-031B6874CF7F642A</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>iMac</string>
<key>SMmanufacturer</key>
<key>SMmemmanufacturer_1</key>
<string>Elpida</string>
<key>SMmemmanufacturer_2</key>
<string>Kingston</string>
<key>SMmemmanufacturer_3</key>
<string>Elpida</string>
<key>SMmemmanufacturer_4</key>
<string>Samsung</string>
<key>SMmempart_1</key>
<string>EBJ21UE8BDF0-DJ-F0</string>
<key>SMmempart_2</key>
<string>HP497157-C01-ELDW</string>
<key>SMmempart_3</key>
<key>SMmempart_4</key>
<string>M378B5773CH0-CH9</string>
<key>SMmemserial_1</key>
<string>A A F 1 3 C A 4</string>
<key>SMmemserial_2</key>
<string>A 7 3 F F 4 4 1</string>
<key>SMmemserial_3</key>
<string>8 5 7 E 2 2 D E</string>
<key>SMmemserial_4</key>
<string>6 6 2 0 6 B A 5</string>
<key>SMmemspeed</key>
<string>1333</string>
<key>SMmemtype</key>
<string>24</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>iMac14,1</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>C02XXXXXF8J2</string>
<key>SMsystemversion</key>
<string>1.0</string>
</dict>
</plist>
And here is my org.chameleon.boot.plist:

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1200x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 dart=0</string>
<key>KeyLayout</key>
<string>mac-de</string>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<string>/Extra/SMBios.plist</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Thanks for the reply and your support! It helps so much. :)
However, I didn't manage to get clover working and I studied this thing for more than a week day in and day out. I installed 10.11.3 again and again...no change.

So since I'm using Hackintosh builds since summer 2005 I'm familiar with the old school booatloaders, kext's and smbios.plist writing by hand.
What I did was installing Enoch (latest update) to my Mac HD and just put all the kext's you mentioned in your guide to /Extra/Extensions.
I installed VoodooHDA.pkg (latest build directly from the sourceforge project page) for Audio and my Nvidia NVS 300 works out of the box with QE/CI just with GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

I had to build an smbios.plist to see my memory correctly listed with it's speed etc. as well as I wanted to have this machine running as an iMac 14,1. I did this with the help of Chameleon Wizard. What a nice little tool this is! ;)

Again, all works smooth and fine...even FaceTime etc. pp.

Next step now would be to upgrade to 10.11.6
Any ideas about this? I would backup my settings so far and install from the Combo update (https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1885), putting my files afterwards back in place, and fix partition rights. Any files that needed to be deleted? How about the Kernel you provided? I don't think I need it for the update, do I?

Here's my smbios.plist (just crossed out parts of my serial):

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosdate</key>
<string>03/09/13</string>
<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>IM141.88Z.0118.B00.1309031248</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-031B6874CF7F642A</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>iMac</string>
<key>SMmanufacturer</key>
<key>SMmemmanufacturer_1</key>
<string>Elpida</string>
<key>SMmemmanufacturer_2</key>
<string>Kingston</string>
<key>SMmemmanufacturer_3</key>
<string>Elpida</string>
<key>SMmemmanufacturer_4</key>
<string>Samsung</string>
<key>SMmempart_1</key>
<key>SMmempart_2</key>
<string>HP497157-C01-ELDW</string>
<key>SMmempart_3</key>
<key>SMmempart_4</key>
<string>M378B5773CH0-CH9</string>
<key>SMmemserial_1</key>
<string>A A F 1 3 C A 4</string>
<key>SMmemserial_2</key>
<string>A 7 3 F F 4 4 1</string>
<key>SMmemserial_3</key>
<string>8 5 7 E 2 2 D E</string>
<key>SMmemserial_4</key>
<string>6 6 2 0 6 B A 5</string>
<key>SMmemspeed</key>
<string>1333</string>
<key>SMmemtype</key>
<string>24</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>iMac14,1</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>C02XXXXXF8J2</string>
<key>SMsystemversion</key>
<string>1.0</string>
</dict>
</plist>
And here is my org.chameleon.boot.plist:

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1200x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 dart=0</string>
<key>KeyLayout</key>
<string>mac-de</string>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<string>/Extra/SMBios.plist</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Are you manually installing Clover?

Hi,

I have this configuration:
Computer: Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq Elite 8300 CMT
CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 (Ivy Bridge-DT, N0)
3200 MHz (32.00x100.0) @ 3591 MHz (36.00x99.8)
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 3396
Chipset: Intel Q77 (Panther Point DO)
Memory: 8192 MBytes @ 665 MHz, 9-9-9-24
- 2048 MB PC10600 DDR3 SDRAM - Micron Tech. 8JTF25664AZ-1G4D1
- 2048 MB PC10600 DDR3 SDRAM - Ramaxel Technology RMR1870EF48E8W1333
- 2048 MB PC10600 DDR3 SDRAM - Micron Tech. 8JTF25664AZ-1G4D1
- 2048 MB PC10600 DDR3 SDRAM - Ramaxel Technology RMR1870EF48E8W1333
Graphics: GIGABYTE GeForce GT 430
NVIDIA GeForce GT 430, 1024 MB DDR3 SDRAM
Drive: ADATA SX930, 117.2 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s
Drive: WDC WD10EZEX-08M2NA0, 976.8 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s
Drive: hp DVD-ROM SH-116AB, DVD-ROM
Sound: Intel Panther Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [C1]
Sound: NVIDIA GF108 - High Definition Audio Controller
Network: Intel 82579LM (Lewisville) Gigabit Ethernet Controller

An Asus GTX 950 GPU is on the way so I will replace the GT 430 next week. I wanted to buy a new computer just one part per month to be macOS "compatible" but as I see I can make a Hackintosh from my PC. Can someone help me how to start it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back