Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing 10.11 HP Elite 8000, 8200, 8300/DEPRECATED See HP 8300 Guides Instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have successfully installed El Capitan on a HP DC7800 using this guide and other files, then updating first to 10.11.5 then to 10.11.6 when it came out. After each update boot from install usb, let the update continue, and remove AppleHPET.kext from S/L/E.

Theres no need to remove AppleHPET.kext no longer I've been working on a DSDT to patch HPET. When i get time ill update this guide.

Can some one confirm if this guide works for HP 8300 CMT with Q77 intel chipset and nvidia 750ti.

Can some one confirm if this guide works for HP 8300 CMT with Q77 intel chipset and nvidia 750ti.
You don't need to make an Enoch installer for the 8300. It's new enough you can make a UEFI El Capitan installer and use that. Others have reported success but no one has written a detailed guide yet.

You don't need to make an Enoch installer for the 8300. It's new enough you can make a UEFI El Capitan installer and use that. Others have reported success but no one has written a detailed guide yet.

I am using 750Ti , and I also found some where in the forums about latest Bios not supporting OSX , So I am sticking with BIOS 2.99 [year 2013], will report back here if I get stuck.
If there is anything you can point out about specifics during install , I am also going to use nv_disable=1 as boot argument

I am using 750Ti , and I also found some where in the forums about latest Bios not supporting OSX , So I am sticking with BIOS 2.99 [year 2013], will report back here if I get stuck.
If there is anything you can point out about specifics during install , I am also going to use nv_disable=1 as boot argument
I've never done an install on an 8300. Just follow the standard El Capitan UEFI installation guide. Start a new thread in El Capitan Desktop support if you run into any problems.

You can use this guide. But you can skip onto the 2nd part and use clover.

I've never done an install on an 8300. Just follow the standard El Capitan UEFI installation guide. Start a new thread in El Capitan Desktop support if you run into any problems.

You can use this guide. But you can skip onto the 2nd part and use clover.

Thank you guys , Finally got the 750Ti to work. Looks awesome on my 1440p Monitor

hey everyone, i used this guide to make a second hackintosh that i plan to take to work, however my video card which works fine when using the usb over dvi does not work when i boot from the hdd itself, all i get is a black screen, i would try to use the display port but i do not have a monitor that supports dp, does anyone know what i can try to get this to work?

hey everyone, i used this guide to make a second hackintosh that i plan to take to work, however my video card which works fine when using the usb over dvi does not work when i boot from the hdd itself, all i get is a black screen, i would try to use the display port but i do not have a monitor that supports dp, does anyone know what i can try to get this to work?

Which Graphics card? 8400GS? if so then you will need to set (inject nvidia) to True.

Update. Added Kernel for 10.11.6. 29 Sep 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back