Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing 10.11 HP Elite 8000, 8200, 8300/DEPRECATED See HP 8300 Guides Instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second attempt yields the same result.

BIOS is 786G7 v01.13

I followed the guide, but changed the following since I'm using integrated graphics:
- I did not put the DSDT into/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
- ACPI - removed DSDT.aml from DSDT name
- ACPI - un-ticked DTOP OEM_DSM
- Devices - didn't put anything in the fake id
- GUI - Screen resolution of 1024x768
- Graphics - no FB name set
- Graphics - no video ports set

I'm also using Clover EFI 2.3 r3354, while the guide is using 3346.

Should I be setting Inject Intel and or setting video ports in the graphics screen?

Here is the screen I get during boot
View attachment 179639

Is it safe to say that since I'm able to boot with Enoch that the problem lies with the Clover configuration?

I've attached the Clover config.plist: View attachment 179640

Config looks fine. Can you please use the attachments on this site not 3rd party attachment sites. Attach EFI. Remove themes (ZIP EFI Folder)

I'm new here, so I may be missing something, but I didn't use a third party attachment site. I used the file attachment from the post editor. The link resolves to tonymacx86.com. Is there a different way to attach files to posts? Here is the EFI folder. Thanks for the help!

View attachment EFI.zip

I'm new here, so I may be missing something, but I didn't use a third party attachment site. I used the file attachment from the post editor. The link resolves to tonymacx86.com. Is there a different way to attach files to posts? Here is the EFI folder. Thanks for the help!

View attachment 180091

EFI looks fine. Re-run Clover installer see if that helps.

:( Same result.

Over the weekend when I started from scratch, I noticed Enoch said it was incompatible with my version of OS X.

:( Same result.

Over the weekend when I started from scratch, I noticed Enoch said it was incompatible with my version of OS X.

Where did you obtain your copy of OS X?

From the App Store. I own several Macs, so just downloaded the installer from the App Store and created the USB installer on one of them.

From the App Store. I own several Macs, so just downloaded the installer from the App Store and created the USB installer on one of them.

Re-download the El Capitan app from the app store and re-do the pen drive.

I'll give it a shot.

Be sure that you're not injecting. i.e Inject intel should be false not true.

Created USB install drive with fresh El Capitan download, but still getting same result. Clover screen shows up. Timer counts down to boot to Macintosh HD. Timer reaches 0 and screen goes black. Pluses appear on screen and it just hangs there.

I made sure Inject Intel was false in the Graphics section.

This is particular Elite 8000 has an intel Q8400 ( Quad Core ). Are there any clover settings I would need change because of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back