Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing 10.11 HP Elite 8000, 8200, 8300/DEPRECATED See HP 8300 Guides Instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Followed the guide. After final reboot ( post Clover and kext installation ), I get to Clover Boot Manager. Choosing the drive I installed OS X on yields a screen with a bunch of + symbols at top of screen.

Are you using a SSD or Hard Drive? Maybe Clover was installed incorrectly. Follow guide to as described.

SSD. Clover was initially incorrectly installed. I then reran the installer with the correct settings. I was hoping it would overwrite/remove previous install if I reran it, but maybe thats not the case? Going to take another run at it tonight.

SSD. Clover was initially incorrectly installed. I then reran the installer with the correct settings. I was hoping it would overwrite/remove previous install if I reran it, but maybe thats not the case? Going to take another run at it tonight.

There are a lot of steps to complete to install El Capitan on this system. One thing that Stork suggests for guides that are rather long and involved like this is to print out pages of the guide. Then as you go through each step, check it off when you are certain it is done correctly. This will help you to slow down and be more thorough in the install. This guide is very well written, but for beginners it can be somewhat overwhelming at first.

That's a good idea, thank you. This mistake was largely due to the fact that I'd never run Clover, or any of these tools, before. I chose this machine because I thought it would be the easiest introduction to the whole hackintosh process. Maybe I chose the wrong OS X release to start with. I may have a couple suggestions regarding the guide once I've successfully installed. For example, Clover configurator found 3 config.plist files to edit. Wasn't sure which one to chose. Once I figured out it was /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist, I was confused that it was locked. I duplicated it, saved it, then replaced /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist at the command line with the new one I created.

I may have a couple suggestions regarding the guide once I've successfully installed.

Good, those are welcome. They will help to make it even better (easier to follow) for others that are new to Clover and Enoch.

The Clover settings in this guide should work fine for you. Have you updated the BIOS to (786G7 v01.13) ?

Second attempt yields the same result.

BIOS is 786G7 v01.13

I followed the guide, but changed the following since I'm using integrated graphics:
- I did not put the DSDT into/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
- ACPI - removed DSDT.aml from DSDT name
- ACPI - un-ticked DTOP OEM_DSM
- Devices - didn't put anything in the fake id
- GUI - Screen resolution of 1024x768
- Graphics - no FB name set
- Graphics - no video ports set

I'm also using Clover EFI 2.3 r3354, while the guide is using 3346.

Should I be setting Inject Intel and or setting video ports in the graphics screen?

Here is the screen I get during boot
View attachment 179639

Is it safe to say that since I'm able to boot with Enoch that the problem lies with the Clover configuration?

I've attached the Clover config.plist: View attachment config.plist

after i have configured a config.plist ... i have a reboot when i boot. Why ?
i have bad configured my config.plist ?

Audio not function
video not recognised

after i have configured a config.plist ... i have a reboot when i boot. Why ?
i have bad configured my config.plist ?

Audio not function
video not recognised

Attach EFI. Remove themes. (ZIP EFI).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back