Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing 10.11 HP Elite 8000, 8200, 8300/DEPRECATED See HP 8300 Guides Instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have hp compaq elite 8100 w/ core i3 550 ist gen with working high sierra

Thanks for posting, I'm trying to get a similar machine (HP elite 8100) working but am getting stuck during install. I get the prohibited sign and garbled text. It looks like USB is the issue, I've tried using a patched DSDT but that hasn't worked.

Would you mind sharing your config.plist, the kexts you used?

Thanks!

Well written, pretty excited to get started. I had a question, what is DSDT? You made DSDT for your graphic card, but what if i dont have the same Card than yours. I have Nvidia Geforce GT 630 1GB, Core 2 Duo 8400, 4GB Ram, HDD Drive. Please tell us how to make DSDT for another cards or how to find them? I am toughly waiting for yours response.

If anyone's wondering this guide does work on sierra and high sierra (If you get the right kernel)

If anyone's wondering this guide does work on sierra and high sierra (If you get the right kernel)
Could you please give us the right kernel ? A link or an upload.
Thank you :)

Thanks for posting, I'm trying to get a similar machine (HP elite 8100) working but am getting stuck during install. I get the prohibited sign and garbled text. It looks like USB is the issue, I've tried using a patched DSDT but that hasn't worked.

Would you mind sharing your config.plist, the kexts you used?

Thanks!
Just delete/backup the applehpet.kext then repair permision on s/l/e,,

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3 on HP Elite 8000 SFF with Nivida G210 Graphics Card:

Hello Everyone.

I managed to install macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 on the HP Elite 8000 SFF with Nvidia G210 Graphics Card.
I did not use Enoch or Chameleon, but Clover only.

Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 17.03.14.png

I have been doing hackintoshes for quite some time now and I have developed my own preferred method, so you can skip the install procedure.

I also patched the DSDT so you can keep AppleHPET.kext, however I still need NullCPUPower Kext in Clover kext folder. My macOS install is 100% vanilla, all patches and extra kexts are in the DSDT and Clover config. There are no patches for the Graphics Card in the DSDT so you can use this DSDT if you have Bios version v01.13, i just inject Nvidia with clover. I am not using the Nvidia web drivers at the moment.

I even got the internal speaker working with Lilu and AppleALC (Audio ID 12), but then the Rear Line In and Line Out are not working, you can fix this by changing to Audio ID 11 but then the speaker doesn't work anymore. I am working on a fix for this.

So what is my own preferred method?? How can you skip the install procedure?

I create images of fresh macOS installed drives with Paragon Hard Disk Manager 14 in Windows. It can handle HFS+ fine. No support for APFS, but not really a problem for me yet. You can also create a bootable linux based Paragon Hard Disk Manager USB very easily with the supplied iso file in Paragon Hard Disk Manager 14.

C:\Program Files\Paragon Software\Hard Disk Manager 14 Premium Edition\iso\bootcd_x64.iso.

Just use Rufus to create a bootable USB with this iso file.

In this case I used my Hackintoshed Dell E6220 to create a 100% vanilla Hard Disk image (all partitions backed up without clover installed) of macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 which I can use on a real Mac or another hackintosh, by dumping that image file back to another Hard Drive or SSD.

Then I connect that drive to another Mac or Hackintosh via USB and install Clover in Legacy Mode. Emuvariabele and AptioFix are not needed.

The only strange issues I encountered is that I cannot disable Windows Legacy detection, so I have to hide it with the GUID Indentifier in Clover Configurator (you can find this GUID in Clover Boot.log) Also the Boot timer won't work, so you have to select the Operating System of your choice each boot. When I have time for this I will try to figure it out. Appstore Updates working without any problem. You only have to disable the Thunderbolt Firmware update in Terminal:

softwareupdate --ignore ThunderboltFirmwareUpdate1.2

I haven't had the time to fix iMessage and Facetime, but I don't use this very much so it is not a big deal for me.

I have attached my Clover folder and DSDT.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Clover r4410/r4411 seems to be broken. I could only boot in safe mode, so I searched the web and found a newer release of Clover (r4418) which solved the problem, you can get that from here:

https://github.com/Dids/clover-builder/releases

Good hack everyone.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    38.6 KB · Views: 226
  • EFI.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Have you tried using iMac 10,1 SMBIOS ? That matches your CPU (Core 2 Duo) and is still High Sierra Capable. You might be able to quit using NullCPUPM kext. Just curious if that would work or not. That's probably the current lowest budget Hackintosh possible that can run High Sierra.

No I have not, but I will try, thanks for the advice.

And yes I agree, I just decided let's see if this thing can Run High Sierra, and I never expected such a wonderful result.

Just updated to High Sierra 10.13.4 via Appstore without any problems.

Only had to rollback AppleHDA from 10.13.3 to make speaker work again.
Insanelydeepak is helping me to create a new patch to make the speaker and all other audio ports working.

Good hack everyone.

Hi great guide. Managed to get working but after updating to 2018 security patch it kp at boot. If I boot from usb into the hard disk it works but can’t get it to boot normally again. Any idea? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back