Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing 10.11 HP Elite 8000, 8200, 8300/DEPRECATED See HP 8300 Guides Instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great guide. It worked perfect once I found the right version of Enoch. Thanks for the guide.

Last edited:
Thanks a million Great Guide..
This was my 3rd Hackintosh.
I counted this computer twice because I first installed (ML) on A HP8000 that was A process.
I upgraded the bios to 1.14 and was not able to get to the installer. That Computer only good for windows now.
Using a different HP8000 with bios 1.07 I upgraded it to 1.13 to install El Capitan per this guide. So I suggest you don't update past bios 1.13..

I also used a MSI ATI HD 5450 not the (Sapphire) ATI Radeon HD 5450 and it worked fine. I had one.

The main reason I went with El Capitan is I wanted 5.1 surround sound it is not compatible with (ML) when using the Behring U-Control UCA202. I don't have a good Maverick installer but i had 10.11.3 so thats what I went with.

((The question))
I Have a tenda 311m usb wifi stick and I have see mixed things on getting it to work of should i buy the Tplink TL-wdn4800 pci card really don't want to spend if i don't have to and thoughts on getting it to work?

Thanks again

SE
You could follow the EZ HP8000 guide on here with the updated bios HP8000 with Yosemite it works perfectly fine

Can people please let me know if this guide works for you with different models so I can update this guide. I can't afford to buy all the elite models it would nice if I could.
Hi full guide works for me using HP8000 bios 1.14 E8400 processor and El Capitan 10.11.6 from App Store but issues after latest security update will not allow me to update further as yet
Great guide cheers

Hi full guide works for me using HP8000 bios 1.14 E8400 processor and El Capitan 10.11.6 from App Store but issues after latest security update will not allow me to update further as yet
Great guide cheers

What problem after running latest Security Update?

Great guide. It worked perfect once I found the right version of Enoch. Thanks for the guide.

When i was using the HP Elite 8000 on El Cap i actually moved to Clover and patched HPET but no longer using the Elite 8000 its now my Router.

Hello and thanx to VioletDragon for keeping this up for so long. Super work!

I purchased a used 8100 SFF with a i7 870 Quad Core and 4 Gbytes of DDR3-10600 Ram (aprox. 60$). Since the onboard graphic isn't available on the i7 I decided to be bold and I went for a GT 1030 (Power consumption in the limits of what the SFF board delivers and the availability of Nvida OSX drivers for Pascal graphic cards, so I thought: Why not???) :)

I created a Sierra boot/install stick with UniBeast 7.1.1, added Multibeast 9.1 and the Nvidia drivers on the same stick. I started the installation procedure and it ends with the freezing of the system. The last command on the system (verbose boot mode) is:

Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

Are there any suggestions to a get bit further?

View media item 189224View media item 189223

I think that trying to install Sierra on this machine might be the first mistake. Is it possible to follow your Mavericks guide for this machine (except the graphics, there has to be a different solution), based on Sierra?

I think the biggest problem might be USB related. The second issue I figured out might be the GT 1030 (I have a GeForce GT 520, could that be helpful to get through the installation?). I am relatively new to this topic, so you would be right to say: "He doesn't know what he's doing." I'm doing this out of curiosity, maybe like most of you guys started such a project ;)

Cheers and many excuses for my strange English... ;)

Which SMBIOS are you using? Attach Config.

I've done everything that you have said to do and it says "Still stuck on root device"

Waiting for Root Device indicates that your Pen Drive cannot be seen in OS X. Try another USB Port be sure that AHCI is enabled in the BIOS.

(Please note this guide is for 10.11.3. 10.11.5 has problems. I have not found a solution yet)
Things you will need:
- Compatible Graphics Card. The HP Elite has Intel GMA 4500 graphics which aren't supported in OS X. I went with a Sapphire ATI Radeon 5450 1GB. Be sure that the Graphics Card you select supports and comes with a Low Profile Bracket.
- You will need to download the El Capitan 10.11.3.app from the App Store.
- A 8GB or larger Pen Drive.
- Chameleon/Enoch Version (2795)
- Kernels. The kernel version I've used is for 10.11.3. Kernel for 10.11.6 in attachments.
- Extensions Folder.

- kernel.plist.
- smbios.
- org.chameleon.Boot.plist.
- Clover EFI Bootloader.
- Clover Configurator.
- FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowermanagement.kext,
AppleIntelE1000e.kext
- Download Kexts
- Be sure that your HP Elite 8000 SFF has either a Core 2 Duo or a Core 2 Quad.
- CPU Support list.

Some models come with Intel Pentium or Intel Celeron. Some models also come with Intel Core Duo CPUs. These CPUs will not work. It has to be either a Core 2 Duo or a Core 2 Quad.

Here are the list of Supported CPUs with this machine also with OS X.
- Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93Ghz, 3M L2 Cache, 1066Mhz FSB.
- Intel Core 2 Duo E7600 3.06Ghz, 3M L2 Cache, 1066Mhz FSB.
- Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz, 6M L2 Cache, 1333Mhz FSB.
- Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16Ghz 6M L2 Cache, 1333Mhz FSB.
- Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33Ghz 6M L2 Cache, 1333Mhz FSB.
- Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz 4M L2 Cache, 1333Mhz FSB.
- Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 2.83Ghz 6M L2 Cache, 1333Mhz FSB
- Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83Ghz 12M L2 Cache, 1333Mhz FSB.

Creating the USB Pen drive.

1. Prepare a USB which is 8GB or Larger.
- Erase Your Pen Drive and name it USB.
- Be sure that the Scheme is Master Boot Record.
- Be sure that the Format is OS X Extended (Journaled)

We will need to create the USB Bootable Pen Drive. We will be doing it the manual way. CreateInstallMedia will not work.

- We will need to show hidden files.
- Open Terminal.
- Copy & Paste
- defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles Yes
- killall Finder.
- Download El Capitan Install app from AppStore. Right click to El Capitan Install app > Show Package Contents > Contents > Shared Support, Mount InstallESD.dmg.
- Open OS X Install ESD partition, Right click on BaseSystem.dmg (You will need to show hidden Files)
- Use Disk Utility to Restore OS X Base System to Your Pen drive which is called USB. To do this in El Capitan you will need to Open Disk Utility. Click on the name of your Pen drive which is (USB). Now go to Edit then Restore. Now you will need to restore OS X Base System to The USB Pen Drive.

Now the Base System has been restored to the Pen drive.
-Go to System/Installation of USB and delete the alias “Packages”, then go to “OS X Install ESD” partition, copy the “Packages” to the folder System/Installation of your USB.

Now the Packages folder has finished copying to System/Installation.
- Copy BaseSystem.dmg & BaseSystem.chunklist (Which is hidden) from OS X Install ESD to the root of OS X Base System (Which is the root of your pen drive.)

Now the BaseSystem.dmg & BaseSystem.chunklist has finished copying.
- Copy the kernel to /System/Library/Kernels/
- You will need to create the folder called (Kernels)

Rename Your USB Pen drive to USB. Because your Pen drive is called OS X Base System.
- Eject OS X Install ESD & OS X Base System.
Now you will need to run Enoch/Chameleon. Use the recommend settings below.
- Open Enoch Installer.
- Change Install Location to Your USB Pen Drive which is called (USB)
- Customize.
- Chameleon Bootloader, (Install Chameleon in the Chosen Partition) which is ticked by default.
- Patches, KernelBooter_kexts (Tick)
- Themes, Standard, (Tick)
- (Install.)

Now Enoch is installed to your USB Pen Drive.
- Go To the root of your USB and open Extra Folder.
- Create a folder called Extensions.
- Put FakeSMC.kext & AppleIntelE1000e.kext & NullCPUPowermanagement.kext in Extensions folder.

Now you've copied your kexts to Extensions folder.
- You will need to replace Kernels.plist & org.chameleon.Boot.plist with the ones I've provided.
- Need to put smbios.plist into the extra folder.
- If your using the ATI Radeon 5450 in your build then you can use my DSDT I've edited for ATY Injection you can put it the Extra folder You will have QE/CI and OpenGL on the installer as of the Post install.

The org.chameleon.Boot.plist & kernel.plist should look exact the same as shown in the screenshot.

You're Enoch Bootable USB Pen drive is now Complete.

The next thing is preparing the machine to install El Capitan.
- Install Your GPU. I went with the Sapphire ATI Radeon 5450 1GB. Some GPUs such as Nvidia 8400 etc uses GraphicsEnabler=Yes.
- Prepare the BIOS.
- Make sure you are running or flashed your BIOS to v01.13.
- When Powering on hit F10 to enter the BIOS.

Installed the Graphics card.

Now you've installed your GPU.
- If your using the ATI Radeon 5450 you can use my DSDT which I've edited for the ATI Radeon 5450.
- Now to Prepare the BIOS.

When Powering on the machine hit F10. You will have a Language list come up hit (English)
- To check which bios version you are running. Hit enter on System Information.
- Be sure that the System BIOS is (786G7 v01.13).

If your System BIOS isn't (786G7 v01.13) Update the BIOS.
- Next thing is BIOS settings. There isn't much in the BIOS that needs Changing.
- Storage Options (Set SATA Emulation to AHCI).
- Onboard Devices (Disable Serial Port).

Now Plug in Your Pen Drive.
-Press F10 to Save & Quit.

Installation

2. You're Now Ready to install OS X El Capitan.
- Hit F9 When you've exited out of the BIOS. You should see the Boot Selection.
- Boot From USB Device.
- There is no need to type any kernel flags at the bootloader because i have already provided them in the org.chameleon.boot.plist.
- All being well you should be in the installer.

Now you can go and install OS X on Your HP Elite 8000.

Now El Capitan 10.11 is installed.
- Once again you will need to hit F9 and boot from the USB to Use the Bootloader on the Pen Drive.
- You will need to boot into your newly fresh install and head over to /System/Library/Extensions & delete Apple HPET.kext if you don't then you will always have to boot with -f which is in Org.chameleon.plist. When you Migrate to Clover there won't be no USB or Ethernet. So at this point it is critical that you delete AppleHPET.kext.
- You should be at the Welcome Screen with no problems.

Now to delete AppleHPET.kext
- Click On Finder, Preferences, General, Tick Hard disks. Your Macintosh HD will show on the desktop.
- Go to System/Library/Extensions delete AppleHPET.kext.
- Reboot.
- Once again you will need to hit F9 and boot from the USB to Use the Bootloader on the Pen Drive.

3. You'll need to have FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowermanagement.kext, AppleIntelE1000e.kext.
- Clover EFI Installer.
- Clover Configurator.
- DSDT for Sapphire ATI Radeon 5450.

Open Clover EFI Installer.
- Things you need to tick in Clover EFI Installer.
- Bootloader, Tick Install boot0af in MBR.
- Clover EFI, Tick Clover EFI 64-bit SATA.
- Themes, Tick you're desired theme. I tick Bootcamp.
- Install RC Scripts on target volume, Tick.
- Install Clover Preferences Pane. Tick.
- Install.

Before we Reboot and Use Clover to boot for the first time we need to set up Clover.
- Put kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11
- Put DSDT into EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched. If your using the ATI 5450.
- Edit Config.plist with Clover Configurator.
First thing i recommend doing is to put FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowermanagement.kext,
AppleIntelE1000e.kext into EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11.

Now I'm going to put the DSDT.aml in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched. This is for the ATI 5450. You dont need to follow this you can skip it if you don't have the ATI 5450.

Before we can get this machine 100% stable we need to edit the Config.plist.
- Un-tick all the fixes.
- Un-tick Generate PStates & Generate CStates.
- If your using the DSDT i provided for the ATI Radeon 5450 then tick Drop OEM_DSM.
- Remove all Drop Tables.
- Un-tick Rootless=0.
- Untick kext-dev-mode=1.
- Tick dart=0.
- Tick slide=0.
- For first boot tick Verbose Mode.
- Default Boot Volume Macintosh HD.
- ATI Fake ID. If you prefer to inject Fake ID via Clover than not my DSDT then you can use
68E01002.
- USB tick inject & FixOwnership.
- Theme. mine is bootcamp. put your desired theme name in Theme.
- FB name. Only use this if your using the ATI 5450 I'm using Eulemur.
- Video Ports 3 for the ATI 5450.
- Inject ATI is for the ATI 5450.
- for Nvidia GPUs such as the 8400GS or 9400 its inject nvidia.
- Tick Kernel CPU, Kernel Lapic, AppleRTC, Asus AICPUPM.
- BooterConfig 0x28 & CsrActiveConfig 0x03.
- SMBIOS recommend using Mac Pro.
- Inject kexts (Yes)
- Inject System ID tick.

Now we need to install the kexts to System/Library/Extensions.
- Use your desired kexts installer.
- Install FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowermanagement.kext,
AppleIntelE1000e.kext.

Once You've done that. Reboot. You Should be able to boot into 10.11.3 using Clover on your HP Elite 8000.

We can now re-hide hidden files.
- defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles False
- killall Finder

For Audio on this machine.
- You can use VoodooHDA but it maybe a bit fiddly.
- I decided to go with a USB Sound Card.

Behring U-Control UCA202 is the USB Sound card i went with. It supports 5.1 Surround Optical Out/Digital Out.

Graphics.
- I went with a Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5450 which works perfect for this build. HDMI Audio works. This graphics card is great for this build. Its also comes with a Low Profile Bracket. Note stay away from the XFX version it has issues.

For the Full ATI Radeon HD 5450 Guide
[Guide] Enabling ATI Radeon HD 5450

To Download Enoch 2795
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/71-enoch/

Update. Added Kernel for 10.11.6. 29 Sep 16.

Update. Recommend staying away from 10.11.5 Update breaks working system wether AppleHPET.kext is deleted or not. 19 May 16. Better sticking at 10.11.3 or maybe Yosemite, Or older version of OS X. I will be going back to Mavericks. This guide is no longer supported. Enoch hasn't been updated.

Updated CPU Support for the HP Elite 8000 & OS X. 21 Feb 15.

Changed Intro Image. 21 Feb 15.

Changed Guide Information. (Updated Guide) 21 Feb 15.

So clever build! Hey can I use Nvidia GT 210 when HD 5420 will not available?

I believe the Drivers have been removed for the GT210 in El Capitan.
How to check which drivers are available to avoid getting wrong hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back