Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing 10.11 HP Elite 8000, 8200, 8300/DEPRECATED See HP 8300 Guides Instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought another of these machines. The other one is working very well thanks to VioletDragon! I bought the exact same graphics card as VioletDragon and started the PC up. I got to the chameleon screen but I had to leave the house at that moment. When I came back the screen was black.
Now I can't even get to that screen. It reboots automatically.
I updated the BIOS (That too way too many hours to do) to v01.13
I tried changing the boot flags. I tried it for hours.
Next I got a Snow Leopard disk and tried to install Snow Leopard using a boot disc and the Snow Leopard disk. I always use -v and it loads a few things but before it finishes, the machine reboots. I don't understand what happened. What could the problem be you think ?
I took a video of the screen and this is the last thing that it shows before rebooting
https://imgur.com/JRHc04a

Great tutorial Violetdragon! I recently built my HP 8100 with an i5 650 and it went nearly flawless. I have an Asus 5450 1GB which seemed to not be working at first, but it turned out that the output was only going the the HDMI. Using your DSDT and setting the frambuffer to Vervet, all is good now :) This thing runs so well, I might just build another! Thanks for your hard work.

Great tutorial Violetdragon! I recently built my HP 8100 with an i5 650 and it went nearly flawless. I have an Asus 5450 1GB which seemed to not be working at first, but it turned out that the output was only going the the HDMI. Using your DSDT and setting the frambuffer to Vervet, all is good now :) This thing runs so well, I might just build another! Thanks for your hard work.

I know what you feel, I just want to build one for...just to build one and resurrect it :D

Hi, I followed this guide, but when the installation screen appears, I only see the USB device, I can't select one of my SSDs because I don't see it.

where is the problem

Attachments

• ٢٠١٧٠٤١٤_١٥٥٩٢٤.jpg
    ٢٠١٧٠٤١٤_١٥٥٩٢٤.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 146
Last edited:
I HAVE AN HP ELITE 8100 SFF CAN SAMEONE UPLOAD THE EFI DIRECTORY FULL WORKING WITH EL CAPITAN 10.11.6 OR SIERRA PLS?

thanks for this. I was unsure how this would work but I am going to try it now based on your success.
PLEASE CAN YOU SEND ME YOUR EFI FOLDER? I HAVE SOME PROBLEM WITH HP ELITE 8100

Looks like I messed something up. Booting from USB gives me 'IOBluetoothFamily --completed' as the system hangs.

I've done everything that you have said to do and it says "Still stuck on root device"

Hello and thanx to VioletDragon for keeping this up for so long. Super work!

I purchased a used 8100 SFF with a i7 870 Quad Core and 4 Gbytes of DDR3-10600 Ram (aprox. 60$). Since the onboard graphic isn't available on the i7 I decided to be bold and I went for a GT 1030 (Power consumption in the limits of what the SFF board delivers and the availability of Nvida OSX drivers for Pascal graphic cards, so I thought: Why not???) :)

I created a Sierra boot/install stick with UniBeast 7.1.1, added Multibeast 9.1 and the Nvidia drivers on the same stick. I started the installation procedure and it ends with the freezing of the system. The last command on the system (verbose boot mode) is:

Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

Are there any suggestions to a get bit further?

View media item 189224View media item 189223

I think that trying to install Sierra on this machine might be the first mistake. Is it possible to follow your Mavericks guide for this machine (except the graphics, there has to be a different solution), based on Sierra?

I think the biggest problem might be USB related. The second issue I figured out might be the GT 1030 (I have a GeForce GT 520, could that be helpful to get through the installation?). I am relatively new to this topic, so you would be right to say: "He doesn't know what he's doing." I'm doing this out of curiosity, maybe like most of you guys started such a project ;)

Cheers and many excuses for my strange English... ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back