Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing 10.11 HP Elite 8000, 8200, 8300/DEPRECATED See HP 8300 Guides Instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone having trouble with the Enoch based USB installer getting stuck at 'Still waiting for root device', try deleting the AppleHPET.kext from System/Library/Extensions ON THE USB INSTALLER as well. This had me scratching my head for ages and I don't think it's mentioned in the guide - just deleting it after installation has completed. I'm not sure if I failed to follow the instructions in some other way that contributed to the problem, but doing this got me past that stage and installation was straightforward after that. Perhaps it could be added to the guide?

Bill.

Just an Update and a thanks.
This guide was awesome. I was slightly confused at one part during the clover install.
  • Turns out my clover configurator config.plist was being saved to "Documents" versus /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist. Then i could boot.
  • SMBIOS section of Clover requires clicking the magic wand in far right of screen
  • I though Graphics was broken as when I would boot via Clover my screen would go black/power save, turns out that was DVI disconnecting but HDMI was staying up the whole time (Not sure how to pick a specific port)
Only things not working is Audio. Messages was also failing to login until I upgraded... See below.

A couple of updates:
1. I am working fine with the latest Clover as of "2017-01-24" the layout is different but i have:
  • ACPI: Drop OEM - checked, DSDT Name: DSDT.aml
  • Boot: Darkwake, slide=0, dart=0, DefaultVolume:LastBootedVolume, PBR: boot.efi, XMPDetection=No, timeout:5
  • CPU: Blank
  • Devices: FakeID ATI: 68E01002, Inject, FixOwnership
  • Disable Drivers: Blank
  • GUI: resolution 1920x1080, Theme: El Capitan (had to download separately)
  • Graphics: FBName: Eulemur, VideoPorts: 3
  • Kernel: Kernel CPU, AppleRTC, Kernel LAPIC, ASUS AICPUPM, Kernel PM (this may not be required)
  • RT Variables: ROM: UseMacAddr0, BooterConfig: 0x28 CsrActiveConfig: 0x03
  • SMBIOS: Click the little wand bottom left, Select MacPro, MacPro3,1
  • System Params: InjectKexts: Yes, Inject System ID
2. I applied the latest El Capitan updates via the app store. This did break my system I would get Kernel Panic around the AppleUSBXHCI.
  • Booted via my USB installer (select OS X hard drive) I could get back into my system.
  • Deleted System/Library/Extensions AppleHPET.kext
  • Ran Kext Utility (it will recreate caches etc. Then I dragged my kext's from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 back in
Reboot worked after that. Also "Messages" started working after that

Do I update from the MAS or download the 10.11.6 combo update? I am using clover.
With the Elite 8000 which doesn't have UEFI it's better to run the combo update.

Just an Update and a thanks.
This guide was awesome. I was slightly confused at one part during the clover install.
  • Turns out my clover configurator config.plist was being saved to "Documents" versus /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist. Then i could boot.
  • SMBIOS section of Clover requires clicking the magic wand in far right of screen
  • I though Graphics was broken as when I would boot via Clover my screen would go black/power save, turns out that was DVI disconnecting but HDMI was staying up the whole time (Not sure how to pick a specific port)
Only things not working is Audio. Messages was also failing to login until I upgraded... See below.

A couple of updates:
1. I am working fine with the latest Clover as of "2017-01-24" the layout is different but i have:
  • ACPI: Drop OEM - checked, DSDT Name: DSDT.aml
  • Boot: Darkwake, slide=0, dart=0, DefaultVolume:LastBootedVolume, PBR: boot.efi, XMPDetection=No, timeout:5
  • CPU: Blank
  • Devices: FakeID ATI: 68E01002, Inject, FixOwnership
  • Disable Drivers: Blank
  • GUI: resolution 1920x1080, Theme: El Capitan (had to download separately)
  • Graphics: FBName: Eulemur, VideoPorts: 3
  • Kernel: Kernel CPU, AppleRTC, Kernel LAPIC, ASUS AICPUPM, Kernel PM (this may not be required)
  • RT Variables: ROM: UseMacAddr0, BooterConfig: 0x28 CsrActiveConfig: 0x03
  • SMBIOS: Click the little wand bottom left, Select MacPro, MacPro3,1
  • System Params: InjectKexts: Yes, Inject System ID
2. I applied the latest El Capitan updates via the app store. This did break my system I would get Kernel Panic around the AppleUSBXHCI.
  • Booted via my USB installer (select OS X hard drive) I could get back into my system.
  • Ran Kext Utility (it will recreate caches etc. Then I dragged my kext's from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 back in
Thanks for sharing your experience. What version of the HP Elite Series desktop are you installing on ? Graphics card ? If you put these in your profile it will help others to benefit from your post.

Reboot worked after that. Also "Messages" started working after that

thanks for this. I was unsure how this would work but I am going to try it now based on your success.

Did I miss something somewhere? I'd love to work with a patched AppleHPET.kext than have to boot from USB and delete it after an update. Any guidance appreciated.

I started on doing patches for the HP Elite 8000 but never got round to finishing them. Maybe ill look at it again once i get more time.

I just got this installed on my 8300 elite but it won't update. I am going to try install it again.
I got sound to work with voodoohda. I had no idea there was a speaker built into this pc! I couldn't reboot without the usb but I was able to fix it in the bios by chaning sata emulation to ahci.
I hope to be able to get this to finally work. I have been trying for a few days but I guess that is how it is when it comes to hackintoshes. this is a great guide btw.

Did I miss something somewhere? I'd love to work with a patched AppleHPET.kext than have to boot from USB and delete it after an update. Any guidance appreciated.

Ive took a few hours and finished off patching AppleHPET.kext for the HP Elite 8000. Can you press F4 at Clover boot, attach Clover folder removing themes ZIP attach.

I just got this installed on my 8300 elite but it won't update. I am going to try install it again.
I got sound to work with voodoohda. I had no idea there was a speaker built into this pc! I couldn't reboot without the usb but I was able to fix it in the bios by chaning sata emulation to ahci.
I hope to be able to get this to finally work. I have been trying for a few days but I guess that is how it is when it comes to hackintoshes. this is a great guide btw.

What are you trying to update to? HP Elite 8300 is Ivybridge should be able to use Clover instead of Enoch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back