Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Installation on Intel DH67BL Motherboard, ATI 5850 GFX Everything working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-Z77-D3H
CPU
Corei5 - Sandy Bridge - 2600K
Graphics
GIGABYTE GV-R785OC-2GD Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello, I have been a MAC enthusiast for a very long time now and I love how this community has contributed and has enabled us to enjoy/install MAC OS X systems as easy as eating a pie. Therefore i decided to contribute as well:

I have successfully installed a fresh copy of Mountain Lion which I purchased from the apple store and was able to install it on my system which is as follows:
Intel DH67BL; Details of which can be found at the link below:
Intel® Desktop Board DH67BL
Kingston Ram 6GB
ATI Radeon 5850 1GB Graphic card
Seagate 500 GB HD
Core i5 2500K Second Generation processor

Pre&Post Installation Procedure:
I used the same guide as shown in the link below to prepare my USB Flash drive & also followed the same steps listed in section 4 of the guide for post installation process; the guide's link is as below:
tonymacx86.com - UniBeast 1.5: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

The settings i used/selected in multi-beast 4.6.1 are:
* Easybeast install
* System utilities > Repair permissions
* Audio > NON-DSDT HDAEnabler > ALC 892
* Disk > 3rd party SATA & JMicron 36x SATA
* My graphic card worked/was detected out of the box (WOW!)
* Misc > EVOREBOOT & FAKE SMC & FAKE SMC PLUGIN & NullCPUpowerManagement & PS/2 keyboard/mice
* Network > hnak's AppleintelE1000 Ethernet

These are all settings i did using multi beast, and was able to get everything working. :D everything works.
My GeekBench score on intel 32-bit settings is 8599

Thank you TonyMacx86 community

P.S. Please i'd also like to know if i did something wrong, or could i have done something even better or do let me know if i missed something here. I'd love to improve :D

Hi Mate,

I have the Same configuration with an i7 2600k and i'm using intel's inbuilt graphics card.
I Also found a DSDT file for DH67BL but not sure f i am doing some thing wrong.

I just cant boot it after i install all the components mentioned in your post, I either get a KP or it says you have to restart your machine without any KP in the background.

I am not a huge geek at all this and i am trying to learn.

Need your help on this...Let me know what info do you need from me that could help me solve this problem.

Hi mate, i've got almost the same machine settings, can you provide the DSDT file you've used for this and also a bit more detailed tutorial, i'm a total n00b. I'd very much appreciate it :).

--
Intel Core i5 2500K
Intel M/B DH67LB
Seagate HDD 2TB 7500rpm
Kingston 8GB DDR3 OC 2000 MHz
Zotac GT430 2GB GDDR3 Syngery Edition
Sentey 400W PSU

Does the sleep function work on your DH67BL? I got everything installed using your instructions and it so far works perfectly- except, when I put the computer to sleep, the display will shut off but the machine won't actually enter the sleep state. It also is impossible to wake it up. Thanks!

Does the sleep function work on your DH67BL? I got everything installed using your instructions and it so far works perfectly- except, when I put the computer to sleep, the display will shut off but the machine won't actually enter the sleep state. It also is impossible to wake it up. Thanks!

The guide above uses Easybeast, which installs NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, so all power management (including sleep) is non-functional.

Better to follow my guide, which solves the sleep issues with proper power management and DSDT edits: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-dh67gd-core-i7-2600k-hd3000-ml-10-8-2-a.html

There is a few other differences in my guide as well:
- why install PS2 drivers when this board has no PS2 port?
- I used DSDT patch + patched 892 for audio as it is more stable than using an enabler.
- no need for Ev0reboot
- used Linux gdisk to solve the booting issues (this board will not boot to a GPT partitioned drive -- only MBR)

I actually did try your method- and had no luck.

Here's what happens:
Standard UniBeast install works, including ethernet, but no ability to change display settings, but
MultiBeast + your DSDT edits = no boot

I think the difference might be that I'm using a 3570K i5 with HD 4000 graphics (Ivy Bridge) rather than HD 3000 like you (Sandy Bridge).

Any thoughts? I'll be happy to do some trial and error on this, but I'm not sure where to start. Right now, MultiBeast + EasyBeast has got my machine working perfectly except for the sleep functionality (which I believe I read is PS/2 related?)

Thanks for all your hard work on this!

Also just to add a couple of things:

My DH67BL boots just fine from a GPT drive... Maybe a different board revision? I didn't have to do any GPT-->MBR conversion. It boots automatically.

Also, with the EasyBeast install, the graphics driver will usually load correctly and OS X will run with accelerated graphics. However, on some reboots it doesn't load correctly and accelerated graphics and the ability to change resolutions doesn't work. Is this unusual?

Well, I'm surprised that you can boot with a GPT partition scheme. Maybe it was because my partition setup is more complex (multiple partitions for multi-boot). Oh well, at least that is one thing you don't have to deal with.

But you have an Ivy CPU, so you will need changes to my DSDT edits. Fortunately, the part that is HD3K specific is in its own file... So, have you looked at/tried my DSDT patches?

I thought NullCPU disabled sleep entirely, but maybe I'm wrong... maybe it just disables auto sleep and forced sleep still works? Long term, I would think you'd want to get full power management working, there is a long thread by toleda in this forum on Ivy PM...

I'll gladly try your DSDT once more- maybe my issue was that I also added your GPU DSDT patch.

Actually, I have multiple partitions as well (OS X and Windows)- still works fine with Chimera, GPT and the DH67BL. Odd.

Updates to follow....

I'll gladly try your DSDT once more- maybe my issue was that I also added your GPU DSDT patch.

Actually, I have multiple partitions as well (OS X and Windows)- still works fine with Chimera, GPT and the DH67BL. Odd.

Updates to follow....

What BIOS version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back