Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and I have done so.
Then it will likely require some diagnosis of your USB config. Any other way you can test that USB header to determine if it is functioning ?

Then it will likely require some diagnosis of your USB config. Any other way you can test that USB header to determine if it is functioning ?
If you are asking whether or not I have any other devices that use that, then no. However, I have seen where a usb ssdt or something is ideal? I don’t understand exactly how to do that...

Since I don't own the DT or MT version of the 7010 I don't have one of those USB 2.0 internal headers to test. The DSDT patch in the guide enables all the onboard USB 2 and 3 ports at full speed but I'm not sure about that internal header. What you can do is make a copy of your IOREG and post in one of the Wifi/BT (Broadcom based) threads and have someone help you figure out if macOS is even seeing that internal header.

I've got a USDT 7010 and an SFF 9010 and neither have an extra USB 2.0 header on the board. The 8300 SFFs have two of them which is nice to have.

Since I don't own the DT or MT version of the 7010 I don't have one of those USB 2.0 internal headers to test. The DSDT patch in the guide enables all the onboard USB 2 and 3 ports at full speed but I'm not sure about that internal header. What you can do is make a copy of your IOREG and post in one of the Wifi/BT (Broadcom based) threads and have someone help you figure out if macOS is even seeing that internal header.

I've got a USDT 7010 and an SFF 9010 and neither have an extra USB 2.0 header on the board. The 8300 SFFs have two of them which is nice to have.
I do not have a card reader or anything else to test it. Where is the IOreg located?

Are you seeing this option at all in SysPrefs/General ?

1547725755256.png

Yes, I have that option and it is selected.

Yes, I have that option and it is selected.
I took a quick look through it with the utility they said to use and the Bluetooth is clearly detected on one of the USB20HubPorts. Attached
Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 6.02.25 AM.png
is a screen shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back