Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
@rootella can you try - rename the config.plists from post 1 and post 7 to configTEST.plist and configTEST2.plist then copy them over to the clover folder on your boot drive then restart and at the clover screen go to 'Options' and then 'Configs' you will be able to select one of the configTEST as the clover config to boot from for that boot only. (If left uninterrupted it will just use the normal config.plist). then look for sound and see if there is any difference. Im not at a mac so have not looked in too much detail at the error reporting files, im hoping somebody with better knowledge than me will take a look but I will take a look if it is not resolved by tusday when I will be back on a mac.

@rootella - any luck/difference with the plists mentioned in my previous post?

Thank you @nicksoph
Same problem with the first one and no boot with the second one, tomorrow i'll try to fix the last one (maybe incorrect boot device)

@rootella The appleALC and Lilu kexts have not had permissions set correctly for them to be used. Put them on the desktop and delete them from /Library/Extensions and then reinstall using kextbeast which will ask you where you want them (/Library/Extensions) and it will then set the permissions correctly

Oh god, i'm so sorry @nicksoph ! Stupid permissions.. :D
Now i lose the monitor output on the 2nd DP, without those text mac boot just fine

@rootella Not sure which connectors you are using for displays but I found a difference swapping my two monitors between the two outputs from the GT710 - I Never used the motherboards output.

@trs96 @nicksoph
I have gone through this guide and have absolutely everything working. The only problems that I have seem to be with my bluetooth. I am using the DW1830 card and have the internet working (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz), but cannot seem to get the bluetooth working. I have tried several guides and it either will remain 'unavailable' or it will be available but not detect any devices. Do either of you have an idea on how to fix this? Also, I have attached a screen shot of the kexts i have in L/E and EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other
Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 8.42.31 PM.png

cannot seem to get the bluetooth working.
What adapter are you using for that M.2 card ? Which form factor of the 7010 do you have this installed in ?

What adapter are you using for that M.2 card ? Which form factor of the 7010 do you have this installed in ?
I have the Fenvi m.2 adapter installed in the mini tower form factor (largest possible)

I have the Fenvi m.2 adapter installed in the mini tower form factor (largest possible)
Do you have to connect a cable to a USB 2.0 header for blutetooth ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back