Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
attach Problem Reporting files, i will take a look at your files and i should be able to give you a fix.
Does it create any problems if you use a staticly patched DSDT along with your SSDT Hotpatch method for things like audio, USB etc. ? I'd guess it depends on what you are patching with which method. This guide uses one static DSDT patch that works for USB 3 functionality. So can you add a hotpatch for just BT via SSDT and it will still work ?

I suppose the simplest way to phrase the question would be, can both methods be used together ? Or is that not possible.

Last edited:
Does it create any problems if you use a staticly patched DSDT along with your SSDT Hotpatch method for things like audio, USB etc. ? I'd guess it depends on what you are patching with which method. This guide uses one static DSDT patch that works for USB 3 functionality. So can you add a hotpatch for just BT via SSDT and it will still work ?

I suppose the simplest way to phrase the question would be, can both methods be used together ? Or is that not possible.

It is possible to use a mixed method for patching with static and hotpatch.
For more reference see Rehabman DSDT/SSDT patching guide:
Recommended configurations

The following are valid configurations, anything else is likely wrong (there are some edge cases I'd rather not get into, hence the use of 'likely').

Configurations listed first are more desirable.

Full hotpatch:
- all patching is done via config.plist
- only add-on SSDTs in ACPI/patched (eg. no patched DSDT, no patched SSDTs)
- SortedOrder can be left unspecified
- DropOem=false

Partial hotpatch:
- patched DSDT.aml in ACPI/patched
- only add-on SSDTs in ACPI/patched (eg. no patched SSDTs)
- renames (applies to DSDT.aml in ACPI/patched and native SSDTs) done with config.plist
- SortedOrder left unspecified
- DropOem=false

Partial hotpatch with patched SSDTs:
- RehabMan Clover required
- select patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched (must be named as extracted to ACPI/origin)
- add-on SSDTs also placed in ACPI/patched
- renames can still be done with config.plist
- SortedOrder left unspecified
- config.plist/ACPI/AutoMerge=true
- DropOem=false

Full patched DSDT + SSDTs:
- full set of static patched OEM SSDTs in ACPI/patched (original names as from ACPI/origin)
- add-on SSDTs also placed in ACPI/patched
- renames in config.plist not recommended (they will apply only to DSDT.aml)
- SortedOrder required to set SSDT load order
- DropOem=true

is it too much to ask to wonder if i could get both the integrated and video card outputs working in unison under Mojave?

is it too much to ask to wonder if i could get both the integrated and video card outputs working in unison under Mojave?
There is a separate guide for doing that in Mojave. It's too long and complex to post within this guide.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/
You also need to fill out your hardware profile with the version of Dell Optiplex you have, your CPU and graphics card that you are using. https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/account-details

Seems like whatever I do, I don't see any options for UEFI boot devices? I made the USB via unibeast and when I plug it into any of the usb (minus the 3.0), there is nothin that shows up on the bios. When I hit F12 to select, nothing shows up - no usb, no ssd no nothing. Any ideas?

fwiw, have you tried a different USB pen drive because not all pen drives are compatible?

It looks like same issue reported by another user in post #61.

If you change the settings back to Legacy boot, do you see the SSD and DVD in the F12 boot menu under both UEFI and Legacy boot sections? What is the BIOS version?

(When you erased the pen drive with Disk Utility, did you choose 'GUID Partition Map'?)

Last edited:
Thanks for your help. The bios version is A29. If I do legacy boot, I see all the different devices on there - it's only with UEFI boot that everything goes away.

When I erased the price, I use the Mac OS Extended. I didn't see an option for GUID Partition Map

Haven't tried another pen drive since I don't have any but this one!

Thanks!

Can you update your profile as we don't know what PC and GFX you own, but sounds like you may have a 7010?

Here is my 9010 MT (A26 bios) which I run in Legacy Boot mode for dual booting Windows and High Sierra from different SSDs (I haven't got around to changing this dual boot PC to UEFI boot)
P1060264.JPG

When I change it temporarily to UEFI boot in bios settings, I see same menu options including Legacy boot devices. Note the UEFI Crucial SSD that contains legacy boot H.Sierra is definitely not bootable in UEFI mode. The other UEFI 'Mac OS X' may be a leftover entry from when I tested briefly booting a spare hard drive with UEFI macOS or H.Sierra Unibeast UEFI USB drive recently.

P1060265.JPG

hmm, perhaps newer BIOS versions no longer display Legacy boot devices when using UEFI boot mode as it never made any logical sense to offer it.

I personally haven't updated to BIOS versions beyond A25(7010) or A26(9010) as these contain microcode fixes for Spectre etc, which degrade cpu performance. You could try downgrading the BIOS in case you have found a bug, but I don't think it will solve your problem imho.

Could you perhaps create a High Sierra UEFI Unibeast USB pen drive to see if it shows up in F12 UEFI boot menu?

I suggest you try a different relatively new USB pen drive as I have found a lot of older flash drives are not compatible for UEFI booting.

(GUID Partition Map option in Erase menu of Disk Utility is in High Sierra which I use)

Last edited:
I've noticed that my copy of unibeast is not creating a EFI partition. Do I have to manually create one?

I've noticed that my copy of unibeast is not creating a EFI partition. Do I have to manually create one?
How are you formatting the USB drive in Disk Utility ? Note that the partition is hidden until you mount it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back