Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it doesn't freeze right away, everything works great.
Yeah not good on things happening randomly - computers shouldnt do that.
Happy to try new guesses as to why but thet are guesses and I have no real insight here;

These machines have had random lockups on USB issues but these seem to stop as soon as the dsdt's are made with the ACPI edits. Maybe take a look at reproducing the dsdt?

Hey, Thanks for this guide! It really worked well for me and I have an i5-3475S with the GT740 SC GPU. I am only having one issue, and it is pretty minor compared to what it could be. I am experiencing EXTREMELY slow boot times. Not like those people that stress out when it takes more than 30 seconds to boot, I mean 3 minutes. I have actually timed it and it is right around 2:48. I believe it is kind of ridiculous, but I didn't know if you knew of anything that could help? This is not from the OS Startup hanging, but rather the time it takes for Clover to go through its stuff and then from the time that I select my boot drive in Clover to when it finally starts showing text in verbose mode. Overall, if you cut out those waiting periods, the actual OS boot time is 50 seconds or so. I have been asked before, so I will answer now. NO I am not booting Windows and macOS 10.14 from the same drive. They are on SEPARATE drives.

Have you tried turning clover debug off? That worked for me in terms of speeding things up.

Are you using an SSD or a traditional HDD?

Yeah not good on things happening randomly - computers shouldnt do that.
Happy to try new guesses as to why but thet are guesses and I have no real insight here;

These machines have had random lockups on USB issues but these seem to stop as soon as the dsdt's are made with the ACPI edits. Maybe take a look at reproducing the dsdt?

I've definitely repatched the DSDT files, many many times :p But I haven't touched the ACPI edits since I first did them. Maybe I'll revert them, repatch and add the edits again. It's worth a shot.

Have you tried turning clover debug off? That worked for me in terms of speeding things up.

Are you using an SSD or a traditional HDD?
I am using a traditional HDD. I will check the debug when I get home.

Have a look at my clover folder (post 25 above) and see if you can find any differences
What exactly are the advantages of having an SSDT?

That is likely the cause of the discrepancy between people complaining about "slow" 30 second boots versus your slower boot times. For an SSD, 30 second is slow :)
True. Do you know the advantages of having an ssdt?

True. Do you know the advantages of having an ssdt?
From what I understand, it allows macOS to make more use out of the CPU. For example, the CPU won't turbo boost without it. I'm sure someone with a bit more experience than myself could explain a bit better.

I simply could not get a stable build with an SSDT on Mojave. I removed it and everything has been rock solid.

I wonder if there is some chipset/hardware difference between the 7010 and 9010 because at this point I think it’s our only difference.

I simply could not get a stable build with an SSDT on Mojave. I removed it and everything has been rock solid.

I wonder if there is some chipset/hardware difference between the 7010 and 9010 because at this point I think it’s our only difference.
Do you have a 7010 or 9010?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back