Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bios im using is A29 for the 7010 Im suspecting that yours is A30 for 9010 and accepting they are similar enough to be considered the same. You config.plist looked right and Im thinking if you go thru the process of checking the BIOS settings, wiping the NVRam, and using the additional dsdt and ssdt it should work.

Ive just tested the following on a dell 7010 usff with an i5 3475s

I reset my bios back to defaults and made the following changes only.

GENERAL-Boot Sequence-Boot List Options = select UEFI,
GENERAL-Boot Sequence-Boot Sequence = remove any ticks except for UEFI hard drive,
GENERAL-Advanced Boot Options = remove tick from Enable Legacy Option Roms,

SYSTEM CONFIGURATION - Intergrated NIC = changed to 'Enabled',
SYSTEM CONFIGURATION - Serial Port = change to 'disable',
SYSTEM CONFIGURATION - Smart Reporting = change to 'enable',

VIDEO - Primary Display = Change to Intel HD Graphics.

Then applied the changes and rebooted.
Stopped at the clover screen and
pressed f4 to dump the original acpi tables, and
pressed f11 to clear NVRam
It rebooted and this time I let it run through.
And created a newly edited dsdt using the same method as in install instructions,
copied over this new dsdt and High sierra created ssdt to ...patched/
then reset cache in terminal with -

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

and reboot normally,
then reboot again to see caches picked up.

So pretty much all the issues have resurfaced. I'm considering a clean Mojave install to see if that fixed it.
As you feel but that it has worked would tempt me to check there are no duplicate kext files in two locations, clear caches and maybe follow the process mentioned earlier.

Historically there are differences in where people have stored kexts, it seems that the advice is now, that by default kexts should go in /Library/Extensions with a reason needed for them to go anywhere else.

I have only Fakesmc in

/efi/clover/kexts/other

with all other kexts in

/Library/Extensions

the other directory where things might be is

/System/Library/Extensions

So look in those 3 directories using Clover Configurator to mount EFI on the boot drive for the first.

Historically there are differences in where people have stored kexts, it seems that the advice is now, that by default kexts should go in /Library/Extensions with a reason needed for them to go anywhere else.

I have only Fakesmc in

/efi/clover/kexts/other

with all other kexts in

/Library/Extensions

the other directory where things might be is

/System/Library/Extensions

So look in those 3 directories using Clover Configurator to mount EFI on the boot drive for the first.
So it looks like have FakeSMC.kext in efi/clover/kexts/other and in /Library/Extensions. There are a whole bunch of kexts in /System/Library/Extensions but none that are also in /Library/Extensions

I assume I should remove the FakeSMC.kext from Library/Extensions?

So it looks like have FakeSMC.kext in efi/clover/kexts/other and in /Library/Extensions. There are a whole bunch of kexts in /System/Library/Extensions but none that are also in /Library/Extensions

I assume I should remove the FakeSMC.kext from Library/Extensions?
SEE EDIT: Yes /s/l/e will have lots of other kexts, any we have mentioned in these instructions go in /l/e. Except- Yes remove fakesmc from /l/e

edit: @Eli9019 - Recent post from Jaymonkey (who knows a thing or two) FakeSMC.kext should go in in both efi/clover/kexts/other and in /Library/Extensions

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back