Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to select each patch so as to populate the table directly above it as shown in the image in step 5. Then save the edited config.plist file by going to the 'File' menu and click 'Save'. That's it, you have 'patched' it.

Oh wow it's that simple! Thank you!

I've done my first hackintosh a few days ago, first the audio worked, but it doesn't work anymore, what could went wrong? I used the AppleALC + Lilu Method. I followed the guide step by step.

@petitpluto - Most likely, something changed. You can recheck all the settings mentioned or If you have a look around the site for "Error reporting files" and prepare and post them people may be able to help.

hi @nicksoph, I don't know if you are aware there are some syntax errors in step 4. ie '/INDENT' are present in the Code boxes.

Currently installing 10.14.2 on 9010MT i3220 with recently acquired Asus GT710 2GB DDR3. HDMI audio working with AppleALC 1.3.3 and Lilu 1.2.8, previously used with High Sierra.

Update: A simple task such as using Preview app to open a jpeg file stored on SD card plugged into front USB2 socket caused the app to stop responding. Turns out it is a known issue when using certain graphics cards.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-and-workarounds-on-10-14-mojave.255823/
I installed NoVPAJpeg (v1.0.0 built with v1.3.0) and updated Lilu (v1.3.1) to fix this issue. (AppleALC v1.3.4 also works)

On a different note, I suddenly couldn't boot or even POST my 9010/GT710 after running Multibeast. Dell logo would appear for split second then screen would go blank, then repeat a few seconds later. I couldn't even get into F2 BIOS setup. Cut a long story short, it was a 'hardware/bios issue'. BIOS version A21 for 7010 and A22 for 9010 fixed a compatibility issue with add-in gfx cards according to Dell notes. I had to revert from A26 to A20 (prior to gfx fix in A22) on 9010 (equivalent A19 on 7010) to resolve the compatibility problem between my old Samsung TV and the HDMI ports on both GT710 and previous Radeon 5450 gfx cards (eg. for Windows/High Sierra). There were no issues when I used VGA, or with a different monitor with HDMI. I don't know why it started happening today. My other 7010 DT with A25 bios worked fine when I briefly tried same GT710 card with same TV with HDMI.

Last edited:
On a different note, BIOS version A21 for 7010 and A22 for 9010 fixed a compatibility issue with add-in gfx cards according to Dell notes. Today, I suddenly couldn't boot or even POST my 9010 after running Multibeast.
On the topic of BIOS versions:
There are links in the guide for A29 and A30 BIOS versions which do have the Spectre and Meltdown patches. For those that are dual booting with Windows, I would highly recommend using those. There are no real Spectre/Meltdown threats to macOS users in the "wild" so if you don't want the latest BIOS versions, it's not too big of a risk to avoid the newest A29 and A30 versions. Then A26 is the recommended latest version for a 9010 owner to install that doesn't have Spectre and Meltdown patches. If you run macOS exclusively that's probably the way to go. I think your problems are mostly related to the Radeon 5450, which is not a supported card in Mojave. Not sure what effect using a different BIOS has on how the card works. You have any ideas ?

@Bill888 Thanks. The problem seems to be that the Indents are put in as soon as the text is put in Code tags and deleting the Indents makes it recreate them- taken out of code tags and left as text, revisited and entered code tags manually, now OK.

Last edited:
first the audio worked, but it doesn't work anymore,
Are you using HDMI or LineOut socket for audio?
Is the device selected in Sound Preferences?
What version of AppleALC and Lilu?

Last edited:
Hi, i can't figure out how fix this audio problem. Just reinstalled 10.14.1, 2 DP monitor connected + separate audio, no interface shown in audio options. Tried latest lilu/applealc plus some test with older versions
Any hint? Thanks

Here you are, thank you

Attachments

• debug_28583.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 59
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back