i7-3770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everybody,

I managed to get Mavericks running on my ASROCK VISION 3D 137D. You can apply this guide on 137B or 137D model (only DVD or Blu-Ray player differ on these computers).

Here is a presentation and the hardware report of this computer (Mac Mini killer).

Here is how I did (with video output via DVI cable) ...

A - BIOS Setup

You have to configure the bios (entering in BIOS Settings via F2 key) like this :

1 - Menu "EXIT" -> Load BIOS defaults
2 - Menu "EXIT" -> Load Performance Setup AHCI Mode
3 - Menu "ADVANCED" -> "CPU Configuration" -> "No-execute Memory protection" = "Enabled"
4 - Menu "EXIT" -> "Save and Exit"

B - Install Mavericks via Unibeast

-> I created a Unibeast USB flash drive using this tutorial.

-> You can have some difficulties to boot, but try a few times. Sometimes, you have to push on the power button when it seems freezed at booting ...

C - Post-Installation (1) Using MultiBeast

I used the DSDT file Peter HAAS prepared for me (see attachment).

-> you have to rename the "Revised_dsdt.aml" file to "DSDT.aml" and put it on the desktop

Many big thanks to Peter for this.

Here are the options I selected :

- Quickstart > UserDSDT (select DSDT.aml file you just put on the desktop)
- Drivers > Audio > Realtek - without DSDT - ALC889a/885 and HDAEnabler
- Drivers > Disk > IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
- Drivers > Disk > 10.9.0 TRIM Patch (if you use a SSD)
- Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820 (I updated it later)
- Drivers > Network > Realtek - Lnx2Mac’s realtekRTL81xx v0.0.90
- Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
- Bootloader > Chimera v2.2.1 (I updated it later)
- Customize > Boot Options > Basic Options

D - Post-Installation (2) Using Chameleon Wizard

I then used "Chameleon Wizard.app" which I found here and here in order to update the bootloader.

You just have to launch the software and to go to "Installation / Update".

Now I have Chameleon revision 2283.

I aslo had to specify graphic output (diplay_1 = DVI) and resolution (on a video projector = 1280x720)

Here is the content of my "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" file :

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>DSDT</key>
	<string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1280x720x32</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>IGPEnabler</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>display_1</key>
	<string></string>
</dict>
</plist>

My graphic card is now recognized as "Pegatron GeForce GT 425M 512 MB". In reallity, it has 1024 MB but now there is no more video problem on boot.

If someone knows how to make OS X recognize the 1024 MB, please tell it !

E - Post-Installation (3) Using KextBeast

I also used toleda's « VISION3D.kext » (see attachments) to activate the WIFI card. Thanks a lot toleda !

The only problem I’m facing for the moment is CD/DVD.

[To be continued ...]

Attachments

• Revised DSDT.zip
    25.5 KB · Views: 354
  • vision3D.kext.zip
    3 KB · Views: 373
Excellent news, just trying this now......

I had to start by installing a Virtualbox Lion system as my G5 and G4 only can run 10.5.8

App Store taking ages to download....

Will let you know how I progress...

Fingers crossed

Hi all,
I think the main problem is related to the wrong read out of the GF type ...
If you try to update the 425M driver on windows via NVidia w/ the 425M driver, you get an error.
In the FAQ of ASRock you will find out, that you have to use the 420 driver, which is working ...
OS X is reading the GF 425M too ?????

I'm so sorry, that I'm just able to answer with a new problem... , but I hope it will kick us in the right direction ;-)

Hi all,
If you try to update the 425M driver on windows via NVidia w/ the 425M driver, you get an error.
In the FAQ of ASRock you will find out, that you have to use the 420 driver, which is working ...

I'm so sorry, that I'm just able to answer with a new problem... , but I hope it will kick us in the right direction ;-)

You're right : to update the windows driver, you have to go to this page :

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Then you have to chose "GeForce 400 series" (and not "GeForce 400M series") and then "GeForce GT420"".

But, I don't think the problem with Mac OS X is related to the wrong read out of the GF type.

I think, it's relative to the double video output, when using HDMI cable.

Regards

Hi all,

Another method to update the windows driver was to use a trick that you can find here :

http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/43272-asrock-vision-3d-video-drivers.html

Regards

Hi!

Today i bought used, but pretty good contition and factory setup of Asrock Vision 3D 137B.
My plan was just install W7 on it and use it as HTPC, but than i realized about hackintosh ;)

Is there any progress in it? i will do my hackintosh for the first time, but i'm Mac OSX user since 2007 so no completly noob, but should i follow a guide posted in here or?

A new challenge for me is now to install Mac OS Sierra on this computer. To be continued ...

Thank you for this guide. I have it working apart from Sound. There is no Output device in System Preferences.

Would you be able to show me how to get the realtek audio to work? The rest of the guide has worked for me.

Also, I'd be interested to know how much more updated you managed to get your OS on this nice little machine!

Thanks for any info.

Edit: I guess the bit that has confused me is the step where you say without DSDT?! All I know is that I chose the DSDT and all the options including the realtek one when doing that bit.

@maniac618, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back