Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Install macOS 10.15 on P55-USB3 board

Status
Not open for further replies.
... Do you mind sharing your BIOS settings…the ones that are different than the defaults?

These are pics taken from Internet. I have written in green the options I use in my system. The rest are as in the pics. In memory options and timings I have everything in auto.

bios00001.png
bios00002.png
bios00003.png
bios00004.png
bios00005.png

Thank you for that BIOS information.

We tried a Mojave installation on a WD Blue SSD and it wouldn't boot.

So, we tried installing Mojave and Clover to a 128BG SanDisk Extreme USB stick and it seems to run fine! This indicates that the motherboard is very sensitive to Mojave and particular SSDs.

We're ordering a Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSD and hopefully the issues will be gone when we use it.

The Samsung EVO 860 came today and my friend installed Mojave and Clover to it per your original post's instructions, and it seems to be running great.
Thanks again for posting and all of your help.

Glad to read this. macOS is sensitive to certain types of hardware. It is always convenient to choose hardware that Apple includes in its computers or that has been tested in macOS and we know that it works. Regarding SSDs, although in theory they are all based on a similar mechanism, Mac computers have used Samsung's EVO SSD drives and so I chose it. However, I have another SanDisk SSD that works perfectly as a second disk for data, but does not serve as a system disk.

Remember Trim!

trim.jpg

Glad to read this. macOS is sensitive to certain types of hardware. It is always convenient to choose hardware that Apple includes in its computers or that has been tested in macOS and we know that it works. Regarding SSDs, although in theory they are all based on a similar mechanism, Mac computers have used Samsung's EVO SSD drives and so I chose it. However, I have another SanDisk SSD that works perfectly as a second disk for data, but does not serve as a system disk.

Remember Trim!

View attachment 476244

Well, we hit another hiccup…and it could be coincidental. Ethernet was working fine but suddenly stopped. The card still shows up in System Report but Network prefs say cable unplugged. Multiple troubleshooting steps lead us to believe that the onboard ethernet has gone bad.

Did you actually test your ethernet port and have you done so lately?

... Did you actually test your ethernet port and have you done so lately?

Yes, the hackintosh connects to the network by the Ethernet port, I use RealtekRTL8111.kext v. 2.2.1 in the Other folder of the EFI partition. It seems to continue working well after 10 years.

Thanks. We've ordered an Ethernet card. Reasonably sure it's the same Realtek chipset as the one onboard.

The one on the motherboard was working one moment and the next it wasn't. Doesn't work when booted from the old Sierra installation, either, so we think that eliminates a software issue. BIOS settings look OK, but we'll have to disable the onboard ethernet when the new card is installed.

Thanks. We've ordered an Ethernet card. Reasonably sure it's the same Realtek chipset as the one onboard...

What Ethernet card have you ordered? PCI slot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back