Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have AR9280 mini pcie card already and system installed high sierra.
There is no half mini-PCIe slot in the SFF models. Only options are USB wifi or to use one of the PCIe slots with an adapter card. If you have the USFF then you'd need the antennas. Post a picture of which Optiplex you have.

Last edited:
There is no half mini-PCIe slot in the SFF models. Only options are USB wifi or to use one of the PCIe slots with an adapter card. If you have the USFF then you'd need the antennas. Post a picture of which Optiplex you have.
IMG_20200917_131853.jpg

my2se said:
That is the USFF "Ultra" small form factor. The antenna wires need to run along the right side of the case to the back where you can connect the antenna. The Dell manuals should show where they go.

Sorry, my mistake. It's USFF. Not the SFF. I have both models. SFF model doesn't have mini pcie slot, I have pcie adapter installed AR9380 with a low profile bracket.

USFF model has built in mini pcie slot, but antennas how can you arrange?

Thank you so much

Sorry, my mistake. It's USFF. Not the SFF. I have both models. SFF model doesn't have mini pcie slot, I have pcie adapter installed AR9380 with a low profile bracket.

USFF model has built in mini pcie slot, but antennas how can you arrange?

Thank you so much
I used the cheap wifi card in one of these and found i needed antennas with 30 cm cables. For mounting you can either drill holes in rear grill or fit to the plastic made for the wifi fitting or its hole at the rear of case. There are also some wifi cables with connectors that come apart so that the normal fitting is in made in two parts and can fit thru the grill holes near the blower.

Hi Sir

I have same Dell Optiplex 7010 SFF, just curious. How do you put the antenna into the system? I search the Dell Optiplex 7110 antenna kit on ebay which the price is outrageous! I have a pair of antenna kit from other desktop and laptop. I have AR9280 mini pcie card already and system installed high sierra. Everything is running fine now besides the Wi-Fi card.
If you can show how you put the antenna cable, it will help me a lots.

Thank you so much
Hi
here is the way I installed the leads and antenna in my USFF. Follow this link.

Came here tonight to share that I still use my USFF and love it. This week, I am replacing the internal optical drive with a 2.5 drive caddy, and dropping in a 1 TB SSD to add some space. The cool thing is BOTH SATA ports are 3.0, and the inexpensive drive caddy ($8 on Amazon, get the 12.7mm one, NOT the 9.5mm) adapts the power connector of the SSD/HHD to the size of the optical power connector. Here is a video on how to do it.

got distracted looking for it and found this instead
This looks interesting. Readers of this thread should note that the 9010's (not the 7010s) give you a RAID option in the BIOS. I don't know if that would work as a boot drive for macOS but would be interested to hear from anyone that trys it. Note that those are not NVMe drives in the pics. You can only use M.2 SATA based drives in the adapter.
install two M.2 SATA drives instead of a SATA platter drive, and increases your storage options by configuring a powerful RAID array.
The pictures on Amazon even show it being installed to a Dell Optiplex. From what I can fathom, it looks like it is the 9010 DT model they are installing it in.

Screen Shot 9.jpg

Screen_Shot_11.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back