Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice work on that. Great bang for the buck/Euro ! I had thought that the latest Xcode also runs on 10.14.6 and that Catalina is not necessary to get that to work.
Thanks, I got really lucky with some components (16GB ram for $10ish, and a Imac 27" as a monitor for $50).
Actually you are right about that. I was sitting on HS (because of my GPU being gtx 650Ti), but I decided to upgrade (to get Xcode 11) and just go for Catalina to see if it would work with the same GPU (which I read could cause problems on 10.14 and 10.15). It was basically working within a 1 hour, so I have just been using, while I find a killer price on a new GPU (AMD) that will fit in my SFF :) But most all: Thank you again for the awesome work!

Now is all ok! With catalina works audio, but Nvidia's GT710 HDMI audio is not recognised by the system... What i've to do?
I've not even attempted Catalina yet on my 7010 Optiplex. This is a High Sierra/Mojave guide. You can post in the audio support forum to get help.

Hi,

Nice guide trs96, everything works as expected

I have one minor problem, my pc speaker works, but it always defaults to headphones instead of internal speakers, so in order to use the internal speaker i have to change the output each time i boot, anyone know a fix?

Hey thanks for the great guide it’s working almost perfect, but I discovered a strange behavior with the suggested RX570, I want to use 3 monitors with it, but I cannot use the dvi port, the screen is black and I have some serious graphical glitches on the other screens, as soon as I disconnect the dvi it’s working just fine. Any idea whats causing the problem and maybe how to fix it ? Thanks

Hey thanks for the great guide it’s working almost perfect, but I discovered a strange behavior with the suggested RX570, I want to use 3 monitors with it, but I cannot use the dvi port, the screen is black and I have some serious graphical glitches on the other screens, as soon as I disconnect the dvi it’s working just fine. Any idea whats causing the problem and maybe how to fix it ? Thanks
DVI does not work on these Polaris RX 570 AMD cards. You can run the third monitor from the DP output on the back of your Dell Optiplex.

Thanks for the fast reply, can I still use the on board DisplayPort when I have the intel HD2500 in my processor ?
Why didn't you put your CPU specifics in your profile ? All it says is i5.

Sorry created the account before I got the device and after that I didn’t think about changing it to the specific device. It’s now entered :)
Yes, the 3470 has HD2500 which will not work well either. Doesn't your 570 have at least 2 DP and one HDMI output that you can use instead of the DVI ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back