Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
@fdanna
What form factor of Optiplex ? Using an adapter ?

Please comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system + form factor), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

@fdanna
What form factor of Optiplex ? Using an adapter ?

Please comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system + form factor), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

Oh sorry, this is USFF with half mini card added. No adapter, just put it in the slot on the motherboard. Also tried enabling wireless in the bios.

Oh sorry, this is USFF with half mini card added. No adapter, just put it in the slot on the motherboard. Also tried enabling wireless in the bios.
You may need to install a few of the Brcm related kexts for it to work normally.
Download links are here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/broadcom-wifi-bluetooth-guide.242423/

AirportBrcmFixup.kext version 1.1.9
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext version 2.2.10
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext version 2.2.10

Have you verified it's not a hardware issue by testing it on a Windows laptop ? Do that first if possible. Did you buy it used/refurb or new ?

Last edited:
Finally had the time to try my hand at building a hackintosh (Dell Optiplex 9010)... it works (but with a couple of hiccups).

View attachment 428396

The hiccups I have:

1. Ethernet stops working after sleep mode/hibernate? (I just go to Network and select "Make Service Inactive" > Apply then "Make Service Active" > Apply and all is well.

2. Messages: Cannot send message via SMS to non-Apple sources ~ just freezes @ about 90% (green bar) then I get "Not Delivered". I will review "An iDiot's guide to iMessage".

Also running GeekBench (v5.0.2) I get the following numbers (not sure they are good or not as I have only seen GeekBench 4.x numbers which differ greatly!)

View attachment 428397
With all that said I want to thank tonymacx86.com and ALL the contributors. You guys/gals are SMART. And generous with your time and knowledge (I will be making a contibution).

Now to start working on the issues above (any comments/suggestions welcomed!)...

Ok... figured out why my Hacintosh Messages app would not send out SMS messages to non-Apple devices. I had an epiphany and thought I should check my iPhone 7+ Messages settings ~ BINGO ~ I had to explicitly slide the "Mac mini (Mac)" slider to green to allow "Text Message Forwarding" from the Hackintosh.

1. Ethernet stops working after sleep mode/hibernate? (I just go to Network and select "Make Service Inactive" > Apply then "Make Service Active" > Apply and all is well.

fwiw, I don't see issues with sleep mode on my 9010 MT (i3-3225, HD4000, A20 bios, 10.14.6). ie. I click Sleep from menu, the 9010 eventually powers off with just blinking Power button. Wait a few minutes. Press the Power button again, and it wakes up, and ethernet is working.

Perhaps the issue is with the extra SSDTs specific for i5 and i7 ?

Anyone succeed with Catalina on 7010 i7 3070 with integrated graphics?

Greetings of the Days Guys!!! Really need your help

I have a Dell SFF i5 optiplex 9010. I tried to installing Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6 as per the above tutorial, but no luck.
Steps What i did as follows:-
BIOS Setup as instructed
Created USB Bootable drive using Unibeast for High Sierra
Replace and added files in the respected folder in EFI Drive (Files from the attachment provided) i.e
config.plist (zip file)
USBInjectAll.kext
SSDTs Dell Optiplex zip"
HFSPlus.efi
NvmExpressDxe-64

I was able to boot from the usb drive & install the OS on my SSD. but after installation is complete on the last reboot from SSD the system is stuck on on apple logo with 70% on progress bar loaded (Image of the same attached below). I waited for more that 6 to 7 Hours but no progress.

After this i have tried the same installation with Mac OS MOJAVE latest version with its unibeast but still the same result. Kindly advice guys what to do??? :( :( :(

Attachments

• Boot image.jpeg
    Boot image.jpeg
    24.5 KB · Views: 76
Has anyone attempted to upgrade to Catalina using the instructions here yet? I'm not feeling daring today.

Has anyone attempted to upgrade to Catalina using the instructions here yet? I'm not feeling daring today.
Clone your Mojave drive to another first:

Then try the install on that cloned drive first. If you mess it up, no big deal, go back to your original Mojave drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back