Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried booting your unibeast USB flash drive from front USB3 ports to see if it works.

Go into F5 diagnostics and check front USB3 cable is detected. ie. unplug the cable and an error should occur when you run diagnostics.

System report. I have a single USB2 flash drive inserted into front USB3 port.
Oops I forgot to refresh System Report. New image to follow.

Thanks, yea, send me what the refreshed system report looks like with the drive attached.

It's not just the front usb 3, it's also the back usb 3 ports. The ports work in bios and windows. I can boot a usb 3.0 flash drive for installation of os x or windows utilizing those ports. Then the don't work after booting.

Additionally, can you attach your SSDT-USB.aml from your EFI so I can compare? I assume that is the file that makes the magic happen for the usb.

See earlier post which I've updated.

Do the rear USB3 ports start working in Mojave if you unplug the front USB3 cable?

I'm no expert but only suggestion I can think of is to do a new install of Mojave with front USB3 cable attached....

fwiw, I'm also using old A20 BIOS on my 9010 MT. A22 to A25 BIOS did not agree with my old Samsung TV and Asus GT710 gfx card using HDMI.

Last edited:
See earlier post which I've updated.

Do the rear USB3 ports start working in Mojave if you unplug the front USB3 cable?

I'll try that tonight.

its possible to update clover for last version ?

its possible to update clover for last version ?
Possible but not recommended. If the version you've got now works stay with it and don't update to the 50xx versions of Clover.

Not sure if anyone else has reported this, but I'm seeing quite a boost in performance since updating Catalina Beta, (Build 19A573a). Using Geekbench 4 I ran a test in my BluEye Hack and scored over 500 points from my previous test in Mojave, (Build 18F132). Thats quite a jump in performance, considering the only thing that's changed is the operating system.
I also noticed that I was able to stream video (mp4) from my WDMyCloud NAS drive, which it always seemed reluctant to do before!.
Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 3.05.32 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 12.27.18 AM.png

Last edited:
think you for answer
i have a oder Probleme imessege and facetime don't work
i follow the guide step by step

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2019-09-28 à 12.48.48.png
    Capture d’écran 2019-09-28 à 12.48.48.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 89
  • Capture d’écran 2019-09-28 à 12.50.33.png
    Capture d’écran 2019-09-28 à 12.50.33.png
    760.6 KB · Views: 85
i have a oder Probleme imessege and facetime don't work
i follow the guide step by step
You'll need to go through the guide by @P1LGRIM to get those working. Make sure you have signed in and out of iCloud as well.
Also do not post screenshots with your Mac mini serial number visible if that is the one you'll keep longer term.

Last edited:
Optiplex 7010 / 9010 MT Motherboard on Sale

This Ebay seller has these at 31% off retail price. Great to have one as a backup or
if you want to install one into your own mATX case. $12.99 price is the best anywhere.

Screen Shot 4.jpg

The seller trreusegroup (no affiliation with me) has a great feedback rating, free shipping to the USA and ships most anywhere in the world. This price sure beats paying a hundred or more dollars for a used Gigabyte or Asus Ivy Bridge CPU compatible motherboard. When you figure in what shipping costs are, you are getting this for about the cost of a 32GB flash drive. Note that if you have the 7010/9010 DT case version you can still install this in that case. The mobos are the same size in each. If you use your own case the same seller has the I/O shield from Dell for $6.99

The nice part of this deal is that it's a full size mATX board not the smaller SFF size. This has 4 Sata Ports, and 3 PCIe slots. A x16, x4 and x1 slot for all your addon cards. Onboard USB 3.0 header. Dual onboard Displayports and $13 for a Q77 chipset motherboard of this quality is amazing. And it's completely hackintosh compatible with Mac mini 6,1 or 6,2 system def. I believe that @BillyGoatGruff has posted a complete thread on how install this board into a non-Dell mATX case and make everything work properly.

Screen Shot 17.jpg

If you do want the smaller SFF version of the 7010 board that is selling for $12.95. Can fit easily in smaller mATX cases.

Last edited:
... And it's completely hackintosh compatible with Mac mini 6,1 or 6,2 system def. I believe that @BillyGoatGruff has posted a complete thread on how install this board into a non-Dell mATX case and make everything work properly. Not sure where to locate that.

@trs96 and all, you can find my post over in the Forums -> Workshop -> Case Mods -> Retail Cases

I'm buying one of these tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back