Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure you do all these steps first, then Erase the USB. Making it GUID partition table will create the EFI partition
automatically.

View attachment 414288

Next set your Finder Prefs to show the hard disks on the desktop. When you see the EFI partition mount when running Unibeast install app then you'll know that it was created correctly.

View attachment 414289

Then do step 2. E-H of the guide after you have success with Unibeast. That's the really important part to make your install go smoothly with no Kernel Panics.
Ok, this is what I've been doing. Attached are screenshots of the process. I'm doing this on the macbook since there is only one HD. I'll let you know whether the EFI volume gets mounted.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 10.40.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 10.40.49 PM.png
    523.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 10.41.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 10.41.01 PM.png
    864.8 KB · Views: 53
  • Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 10.41.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 10.41.18 PM.png
    780.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 10.42.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 10.42.04 PM.png
    765.5 KB · Views: 64
Hey All,

Success! Thanks for the help. The USB stick worked the next time around and I got a mounted EFI drive. From there is was relatively smooth sailing. Everything seems to work, including sleep. I am very happy with this guide and want to put out kudos to the author!

Thanks a ton!

I'm trying to install it as we speak but I've noticed that:

"Also leave Legacy Option ROMs unchecked if you are using built in HD4000 graphics"

I get a black screen if unchecked. Checked and its installing now. Mine is the USFF version.

@djashjones - With Legacy OPtions Roms Unchecked is how I have my usff 3475s but I have Primary Display -> Onboard Intel not Auto. (Please put the machine details in your signature to save others having to look back thru your posts)

I get a black screen if unchecked. Checked and its installing now. Mine is the USFF version.
It's possible that you made a legacy installer and not UEFI.

I'm 99% sure I made a UEFI installer. With the black screen when its unchecked I cant even see the bios but the keyboard is working fine.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm starting to wonder if it could be a monitor issue. If I boot from cold. I don't see the dell symbol, clover but then the login screen, go figure. I'm using a DP to HDMI converter. I will do some more playing tonight with a different monitor and a fresh install. Might try my 4k tv as well.

Just trying to think if there is anything else in the BIOS that might be set to cause that behaviour, it seems very odd on a machine that does not have space for an external GPU and that has a GPU that can work in old BIOS mode or UEFI mode. hackintoshing seems very sensitive to slight bios changes and Id suggest just checking or even setting back to defaults and run thru the bios setup again.
Edit: ...Starting from cold.. this sometimes happens for monitor wake up reasons - suspect problem may have nothing to do with the bios settings.

Last edited:
I've pressed F2 to get into the bios and waited and still nothing. Powered on and off the monitor. Will try some other monitors. I know the bios settings quite well now and thank god for the reset RTC pins.

Did find this thou:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back