Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using the recommended TPLink T6E AC1300 from the guide
Others have reported problems with Mojave and that card recently search this site for a solution. Someone should have found one by now. There may be a Broadcom related kext that will work.

Last edited:
Got everything working!! Fixed the wireless with the kext from:

I installed it like the others from the desktop and it is working great!! Thanks for the help

Is there any reason that my read/write speeds would be really low? The SSD should have around 500mb/s but I am seeing less than 10mb/s write and barely 20mb/s read

In case this might help anyone out. I had been having weird issues @ random with my hackintosh. I have a standard Optiplex 7010 SFF. i7-3770 + 12GB of ram + 256 Silicon Power SSD. I was originally on 10.14.4? (Mojave) and upgraded to 10.10.5. I'm not sure if the issues occurred before or after the upgrade but here was my issue. Chrome/Spotify were not running properly. For chrome half the pages would render and clicking the address bar or tabs would cause them to blank out. For Spotify none of the album art or images in the main window would low.

On top of that when in System Settings the search bar would have a black line through the middle of it. I reinstalled everything 2-3 times and would reboot. I've tried different clover versions from the one in the guide (4920?) to the latest. I've tried no kext, some kext, old and new kext (whatever green specifically) and had no luck. I deleted whatever green from my kext folder (Library/Extensions) and everything worked perfect after a reboot. I'm not sure why this is happened or maybe 10.14.5 has no need for whatever green?

I'm not sure why this is happened or maybe 10.14.5 has no need for whatever green?
If you have Whatevergreen in Clover/kexts/other folder and L/E make sure they are exactly the same version and also that you update Lilu kext at the same time. Anyway, if you have everything working well without WEG that is ok too. It's more important for AMD and Nvidia dedicated cards than it is for Intel graphics to have that kext installed.

@Poli169 No need for COA sticker - have a look at Settings | Update & Security | Activation - it should show it has been activated with a digital licence - if it has been activated with a digital licence, then the COA number is no longer useful and the digital activation is good for that machine only (based upon unique numbers embedded in motherboard).
Cables for wifi/bluetooth need to be at least 30cm to run around the motherboard, under the power supply and then whereever you are going to mount them. If you have a search of my previous posts you will find a link to particular aerials which have their mountings in two parts - if you find some like that you can mount without drilling, else you will need to find a spot.
So to install a SSD to replace the mechanical one. Do I just replace the drive and install Windows? And would that install the key itself? Or how would that work?

@Poli169 Yeah - it does - just works.
Just make sure you log in with a Microsoft account before and after.

There's a unique identifier on your MB and some other things I think, so that once it has that digital licence registered it just works. If you install on the new ssd from a win10 usb/iso, after a few minutes online, you can check the activation status and it should say the same as it does now. Im sure its fancier than that... Microsoft Official Way To Prepare

Edit: I'm not sure you need log in to MS but MS says its a good idea.
When reading the MS link, remember - you DO have a digital licence, so a lot of it does not apply.
You may be able to find your licence/key following instructions in link, be interested in what you find out.

Last edited:
Just saw this today. Would work for anyone with a very long GPU in their Dell Optiplex MT. Makes the USB 3 header usable. Seems like there's a fix for most any port that gets blocked.

G. Download "SSDTs Dell Optiplex" zip file from the end of this post and copy and paste all
of those files in that folder to the /Clover/ACPI/patched folder in the EFI partition of your USB
in the drivers64UEFI folder <============= IS THIS LINE A TYPO? <=================
H. Download the HFSPlus.efi file and place it in the drivers64UEFI folder
-------------------
G. Doesn't make sense. In the /patched folder in the EFI partition of your USB in the drivers64UEFI folder?

@Poli169 Yeah - it does - just works.
Just make sure you log in with a Microsoft account before and after.

There's a unique identifier on your MB and some other things I think, so that once it has that digital licence registered it just works. If you install on the new ssd from a win10 usb/iso, after a few minutes online, you can check the activation status and it should say the same as it does now. Im sure its fancier than that... Microsoft Official Way To Prepare

Edit: I'm not sure you need log in to MS but MS says its a good idea.
When reading the MS link, remember - you DO have a digital licence, so a lot of it does not apply.
You may be able to find your licence/key following instructions in link, be interested in what you find out.
I actually used a program that retrieved the product key so i'm hoping i can use it. But we will see once i actually install it thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back