Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys just taken the plunge and ordered a 7010 running an i7 with 8gb ram, few questions if you dont mind. Not interested in wireless as it hard wired into the modem. Would like BT so i can continue to use my apple wireless keyboard and mighty mouse, any suggestions? and High Sierra or Mojave for my OS ?currently using a mac mini 2011 so never used Mojave.
If you check the buyer guide under accessories they have a few different compatible options of Bluetooth. As far as the Os i just started using it and I like mojave. I also just finished a fresh install on my 7010 usff using the latest 10.4.5 and it works great.

How was the condition of your USFF ? Good as expected ?
Yeah everything looked good only issue was the front bezel has a small chip that I can repair myself. Only bummer was that I did not receive the Windows coa sticker it had Windows 10 pro preinstalled though. I emailed them about this and see what they say or is there a way to get the serial key that is used on it within Windows? I'm ordering a 12.7mm optical drive that doubles as a hdd caddy to try and dual boot. My wifi/Bluetooth card is coming from China so gonna be a while I went ahead and go the AW-CB160H. Is there a particular way I should run my antennas? I looked online and saw the original equipment it came with but I believe those only have 2 antenna connectors and the new one seems to have 3.

@Poli169 No need for COA sticker - have a look at Settings | Update & Security | Activation - it should show it has been activated with a digital licence - if it has been activated with a digital licence, then the COA number is no longer useful and the digital activation is good for that machine only (based upon unique numbers embedded in motherboard).
Cables for wifi/bluetooth need to be at least 30cm to run around the motherboard, under the power supply and then whereever you are going to mount them. If you have a search of my previous posts you will find a link to particular aerials which have their mountings in two parts - if you find some like that you can mount without drilling, else you will need to find a spot.

Last edited:
@nicksoph is it on a separate thread or on this one so I can look it up.

I had used this guide and set everything up perfectly. It had been running for months. Starting yesterday it had been running choppy (visually, spotify fails to load the pictures of music, chrome only display half the pages of websites and is overall "stuttery") what could the issue be? I don't want to do a reinstall if I don't have to. It looks like my HD4000 onboard graphics is being recognized fully and again, nothing was changed previously.

Thanks for the reply, sorry so much information to get through. looking forward to my build.
If you check the buyer guide under accessories they have a few different compatible options of Bluetooth. As far as the Os i just started using it and I like mojave. I also just finished a fresh install on my 7010 usff using the latest 10.4.5 and it works great.
[/QUOTE

@cmsantiagoiii - Machine details?? But general advice - if it was setup months ago, the instructions may have changed, try generating the problem reporting files and have a look at the logs, and the bios settings and if you have any backups of your efi or clover folders auto-generated by clover. Once you have had a look round report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back