Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have a problem. I changed CPU, and it ran perfectly. I apply i7 3770 ssdt, and reboot and it’s stuck at apple loading bar for 15 minutes now, should I wait until something happend or maybe I ****ed up something?
Try running with verbose and see what happens and where's the error.

Try running with verbose and see what happens and where's the error.
There is screen shot. I found unsuported cpu error, but I don’t understand why

Attachments

• 0B32036D-C1D4-4A67-9D1F-BF0A7D975C75.jpeg
    0B32036D-C1D4-4A67-9D1F-BF0A7D975C75.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
If I try and replace it with the I7 3770s would the stock heatsink perform well on it?
HP seems to think so. I believe they shipped most with the 3770S but I've seen a few with a non S 3770. Probably best to go with the 3770S even though you could use the regular 3770.

There is screen shot. I found unsuported cpu error, but I don’t understand why
Is there any way to get into system to delete ssdt, I think this is my problem because right after CPU change everything works, but then I put i7 3770 ssdt to EFI partition and it crashed after reboot...

@SpideR93 Yes - on boot interrupt Clover and then select - Options | Patch ACPI | Tables Dropping and there you should see a list of AML's being loaded including the cpu ssdt.aml file just tick the radio button to drop the ssdt for cpu and back to the clover screen and start the os. The changes only last for that boot.

Last edited:
updated to 10.14.5 - took almost an hour - all good so far

@SpideR93 Yes - on boot interrupt Clover and then select - Options | Patch ACPI | Tables Dropping and there you should see a list of AML's being loaded including the cpu ssdt.aml file just tick the radio button to drop the ssdt for cpu and back to the clover screen and start the os. The changes only last for that boot.
Ohh great I'll try that when I come back home. I hope it'll work :think:

OK, called them again and gave them a screen sharing session, after seeing the iMessage error code they unlocked my Optiplex. They haven't seen it's a Hackintosh (just a desktop with the iMessage window was enough).

It works! Thank you... I was about to run clean install. But still I wonder why this ssdt doesnt work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back