Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
quick graphics question.... I have an ageing but fit Hazro HZ27WC 2560 x 1440 monitor, which is dual link DVI only. It's always been fussy on input, working with some leads and not others and is simply not being recognised when using a very basic (cheap) supposedly active dp to dvi adaptor. this one cost a few euros as opposed to 40-60 euro for more complex looking adaptors... has anyone experience with these connectors and any advice for this?, im semi tempted to replace the driver card on the display with a more up to date version which would be roughly same price as a top end adaptor, or maybe one of my older graphic cards may do the trick?

KEXT UPDATES
Note that I've attached the latest Lilu + Whatevergreen and AppleALC kexts to the end of first post as Zip files.
They are release versions 1.3.5, 1.3.6 and the 1.2.7 version of Whatevergreen. If your current kexts are working for you it's not mandatory to update. If you do update install as you did before with Kextbeast and then run Kext Utility. Reboot.

How to get a new 80+ Gold Power Supply for your Dell Optiplex SFF
I've been searching Ebay to find a replacement for the 240W PSU in my SFF i7-3770 Optiplex. There is one seller, partscube, selling them new for $34. The one that came with my 9010 SFF is only 65% efficient. Not great. It means that about 1/3 of all the electricity drawn from your wall outlet gets wasted. Not used to power your Dell SFF.

So if you got the same PSU that I did you can also do this upgrade quite easily and use a lot less electricity over the life of your Dell. Here's a graphic of what you need to look for to get the right model, H240ES-01 and Hipro Electronics Co. Remember that this PSU only fits/works in the SFF (small form factor) Dell 7010 or 9010.

Screen_Shot_39.jpg

You should see the 80 Plus Gold logo here.

You will know it's 80+ if it says Hipro Electronics Co. Ltd. They use many other suppliers as well so check the label carefully. If you have a DT or MT Dell Optiplex you can also find the 80 + Gold rated PSUs for those. AFAIK all of the USFF models come with gold rated power supplies. Keep what you've got in that scenario. Other reliable PSU makers to look for when buying are Lite-on and Delta. Not sure if they make any 80+ gold versions for Dell but it's possible. I do know you can find 80+ Bronze Seasonic power supplies (300W) for the DT (desktop) Dell Optiplex models. Those are the very best you can get, that will fit in a DT case and only cost 30 dollars or less.

Screen Shot 38.jpg

Attachments

• Screen_Shot_39.jpg
    Screen_Shot_39.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Hi trs96, first, you are the BEST, tasks for all your work with the Dell Optiplex, is great.
I was finally able to make working optimally my Dell optiplex 9010, but I have a doubt.
I put my EFI folder for you, to take a look, this is my EFI configuration that work best for my, but in other hand, i put the 3config.plist file, that generally worked to people in this thread.
I use the last Clover v2.4k r4895
I don't use any fix for HD 4000 and work best
If I put some driver in drivers64UEFI folder that I don't need please tell me
Please, i would appreciate a lot if you can take a look and say me wich config.plist is the best option
Thanks.
I delete my serial number

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.1 MB · Views: 182
  • 3config.plist
    7.2 KB · Views: 188
I use the last Clover v2.4k r4895
Why not use the recommended RM version of Clover as per the guide ?
What is it exactly that is not working correctly ?

Noob Alert :) I have only recently bought a MacBook Pro(2015) after being a Windows user for 20 years. My first excursion into Mac world. It has Mojave on it and I just love how easy it is. I therefore wanted to give Hackintosh a go and I bought a 9010 - i5 3470, 16Gb RAM, BIOS A30. I have installed a blank 256Gb SSD. I have followed this guide to the letter, but on booting my Dell, I get to a Clover boot manager screen and don't know what to do next. I'd love some help please. At the bottom right of this screen it says 4862

Last edited:
Noob Alert :) I have only recently bought a MacBook Pro(2015) after being a Windows user for 20 years. My first excursion into Mac world. It has Mojave on it and I just love how easy it is. I therefore wanted to give Hackintosh a go and I bought a 9010 - i5 3470, 16Gb RAM, BIOS A30. I have installed a blank 256Gb SSD. I have followed this guide to the letter, but on booting my Dell, I get to a Clover boot manager screen and don't know what to do next. I'd love some help please. At the bottom right of this screen it says 4862
Sterling, you'll need to read the guide again and follow the directions to have success. Here's a paragraph from graphics:
Apple has dropped all support for analog VGA connections. They also dropped support for HD2500 about five years ago. Most 7010/9010s shipped with the i5-3470 or the i7-3770. The 3470 has only the unsupported HD2500 graphics.
At the bottom right of this screen it says 4862
The guide also does not use that version of Clover, use the one by RehabMan, linked from the guide.

If you want help you need to follow the directions. If you don't want to do that then post in Mojave desktop support. Thanks.

Last edited:
Why not use the recommended RM version of Clover as per the guide ?
What is it exactly that is not working correctly ?
I see that all work correctly
I put 2 differents config.plist, one with the EFI folder, I want to know which one is the best
The 2 works fine but maybe one of then is best and other have bad configurations

This is the best to use. It enables onboard audio when AppleALC and Lilu are installed as per the guide.
It's also the only one that works with the SSDTs correctly. Not sure why you don't just follow the guide
exactly as it's written. Doing otherwise will cause problems.

Attachments

• Custom Clover config plist.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
A reminder for those just starting out with this guide

1. Read the guide carefully, don’t skip anything.
2. Apply each step in the order presented.
3. Use only the config.plist, kexts and SSDTs from this guide.
4. Enjoy your fully functional Dell CustoMac Mini !

I've recently gotten requests for help that don't really need to be posted at all. When using the kexts, SSDTS and version of Clover r4701.RM in the guide, everything works. There is no need to be on the latest, greatest version of Clover. It's not similar to security updates where you always want the latest version.

In summary:

1. The SSDTs and Clover Config.plist attached to the end of post #1 are designed to work together. If you use just one or the other individually it will create problems and you won't have a fully functional and stable system. Follow this guide exactly as presented here for the best results. Don't mix in other kexts or make modifications to the config.plist that are not needed.

2. Do not update Clover to a newer version. We are using the newest RehabMan version. If and when he updates Clover get that from his bitbucket.org repository. https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/clover/downloads/
The official Clover versions that are newer will not work in the same manner without changing many of the drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back