Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
@eddroid Can I point you to this - it is a description of the file system in use with this and other standard builds.

Here's my Optiplex 7010 Deal of the day 3-7-19

Dell 7010 Desktop for $69.99 shipped

These are much bigger than the SFF models. A less cramped interior. You get 3 PCIe slots and one PCI slot on the motherboard just like in the Mini-Tower version. More airflow for a dedicated graphics card. You get an i5-3570 which alone is worth 50 dollars. Shipping it costs at least 20 dollars. So overall a very good deal. Install your own SSD in it and a matching 4GB stick of ram and you've got a nice CustoMac. These are selling really fast today so don't hesitate if you'd like one. Seller has a great reputation so no worries there. Seller does not ship overseas, sorry. USA only. Don't forget you'll need a graphics card as the i5-3570 only has HD2500. A GT 710 will work or a Quadro K600 is another Kepler card that should work. You can also run the MSI RX560 LP card in this system for gaming purposes or to edit video.

391788 391789

6 of these have sold already today at this price.

Sales tax may apply when shipping to: IA, MD(6.0%), MN, WA

Last edited:
Specifically with the hardware in the mini-tower version, is it a standard CPU cooler? I.e. can I swap the heatsink and fan out to something much quieter? I have found on my HP 8300 it is not standard, so I'm stuck with the original heatsink and fan. I understand I would need one of the ebay adaptors for 5pin - whatever fan I end up using.
Here's a picture of what I did when moving a 9010 mobo into a Thermaltake case. You can see the Noctua low noise adapter to make the fan spin slower at a steady rate. Much quieter this way than the stock Dell fan.

Hello, my hackintosh tells me that there is an update to mojave 10.14.4 beta 4. Do I have to do it?

Hello, my hackintosh tells me that there is an update to mojave 10.14.4 beta 4. Do I have to do it?
You don't have to do anything. Wait until the general public release a little while later.

I keep geting "Your computer has detected a potential problem" on every boot after 10/15 min use. Anyone has them or found how to disable them ? I always click not sending to apple, but would be glad to stop them from appearing in the first place

(Mojave) I don't understand why I can't get the HD4000 graphics working (Optiplex 7010 USFF with i5-3475s). I followed the guide.
I get "HD4000 5mb" when using a Displayport to VGA adapter and "HD4000 7mb" when using a displayport to HDMI adapter (HDMI screen has higher resolution).

I checked "inject intel", installed "whatevergreen.kext", I tried changing the ig-platform-id to 0x01660003, ...a, ...b and ...5.

Last edited:
I don't understand why I can't get the HD4000 graphics working (Optiplex 7010 USFF with i5-3475s). I followed the guide.
If you're using DP output it should work. VGA will not work. Upload the Clover folder from your EFI partition if you'd like me to look at that. Remove the Serial #s and smUUID

If you're using DP output it should work. VGA will not work. Upload the Clover folder from your EFI partition if you'd like me to look at that. Remove the Serial #s and smUUID
Thank you. I've added information to the post you responded to. Where is the serial # and smUUID sotred in the clover folder/how do I remove it?

Thank you. I've added information to the post you responded to. Where is the serial # and smUUID sotred in the clover folder/how do I remove it?
DP to HDMI adapters usually work with no issues. Sometimes VGA ones don't. Depends on the monitor.
The Serials are found in SMBIOS section of clover. Open your config.plist (after you've copied/duplicated your Clover
folder) not before. Use CC and go to the tab shown below. Serial and SmUUID are just below the firmware section. If you haven't completed step 7 yet, you don't have to remove those as you'll change them later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back