Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I'm looking for a 7010 or 9010 for less than 90€,
Ebay UK seems to have them (generally a bit more than you are hoping for). You might also look at the HP8300/6300 which are almost identical machines for hackintoshing and seem to be slightly cheaper.

My hackintosh works great but I think that the cpu has to high power consumption in idle (compared to my older i7 2600 with higher TDP). If you need any futher data pls tell me. Thx

My hackintosh works great but I think that the cpu has to high power consumption in idle (compared to my older i7 2600 with higher TDP). If you need any futher data pls tell me. Thx
Yes, that power draw is slightly higher than it should be. Which method of CPU PM are you using ?
How is that RX 570 working out in your system ? You're the first person I've seen using one.
Since that card is over 10 inches (26cm) long how did you get it to fit in the Dell MT case ?
Move it into another case ?

I bought the 7010 mobo with the CPU together very cheap and replaced my old one (which broke unfortunately). So actually Im using the card on the last PCIe slot in an ATX case. What do you mean with the CPU PM method?

I bought the 7010 mobo with the CPU together very cheap and replaced my old one (which broke unfortunately). So actually Im using the card on the last PCIe slot in an ATX case. What do you mean with the CPU PM method?
It's near the end of the guide. You may have missed it.
Create an SSDT for CPU Power Management
Simply follow the tonymacx86 guide and place the ssdt.aml in the Clover/ACPI/patched folder on your system drive. Click here to see the guide If you already have an SSDT created for your i3, i5 or i7 CPU in High Sierra or Sierra use that. Drag and drop the file into the /Clover/ACPI/patched folder along with all the other SSDTs.

@Blackspell That it's showing the cpu at 12% usage makes me think it not a power management issue, might be cpu related (but Im not sure how), much more likely the cpu isnt idle - look at what is using the cpu in Activity Monitor. You might find that simply having Power Gadget and HWMonitor open at the same time adds to cpu usage.

Last edited:
Ok i'll do that tomorrow bc I did what @trs96 suggested (created the ssdt.aml) the problem is that I cant boot anymore rn.

Ok i'll do that tomorrow bc I did what @trs96 suggested (created the ssdt.aml) the problem is that I cant boot anymore rn.
Try booting with your UniBeast installer. Hit the F12 key at boot up and choose the UEFI entry for you flash drive.
Once in remove the SSDT. I've never seen an SSDT cause boot problems before. Sure you put it in the right place ?

unfortunately i dont have a unibeast installer as I created my hackintosh with elcapitan and updated directly every year since then... What I did is booting in windows and renaming the ssdt.aml to disable it -> was able to boot again.

I have attached:
-the boot error in verbose mode
-the log from AppleIntelInfo.kext (without SSDT.aml)
-my created SSDT.aml
-screenshot of activity monitor

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 67
  • without ssdt.pdf
    20.4 KB · Views: 91
  • SSDT.aml
    1.7 KB · Views: 72
  • Bildschirmfoto 2019-02-24 um 12.07.54 (2).png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-02-24 um 12.07.54 (2).png
    7.4 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
@Blackspell I dont know if there is anything wrong - looked at your first screenshot again and I think the machine is not idle - if you take a look at Activity Monitor you may find something is working in the background - (Onedrive?). Sort Activity monitor on processor usage and send image of intel power gadget and activity monitor when the machine is idle and a copy of your config.plist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back